2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

Yes, you may call 407-WDW-DINE. There is also a special Festival number - 407-WDW-FEST.

You can't call in and make your reservation until the day reservations open to the general public. All of the special events have to be paid for in advance. Also, you'll need to start calling at 7:00 am EST. The Parisian Breakfast is one of the events that sells out quickly. Just to let you know, the waits on the phone can be very long, sometimes an hour or more.
There is usually early booking for Disney Visa, DVC, and annual pass holder. The number of bookings available for each is very limited.

Will be at WDW Sept 23-29. Have secured a few dining reservations, but still can't get Ohana or BOG. Or River of Lights. Sigh. Have been trying every few days since our 180 day back in March. Looking forward to more info on F&W! This will be my third trip for F&W, but this one is considerably earlier than my previous (late October) trips. Not looking forward to hotter weather, but it's what worked with the schedule.

Has anyone been there for this before? Those are the last 3 days of my trip, wondering if I should avoid Epcot or if there's anything worth seeing.

Since you quoted me, I will just let you know, I have no idea! Though I am entering the sweepstakes to win a trip to the taping, might as well try! Making DH enter too. :rotfl:

How do you find out when reservations open up for special events? I know you fellow DISers will know immediately but I can't have my phone on me at work (preschool teacher) and don't want to miss my chance for an amazing event! Will they let the public know a few days before they open them up? Or just the morning they are available?

How do you find out when reservations open up for special events? I know you fellow DISers will know immediately but I can't have my phone on me at work (preschool teacher) and don't want to miss my chance for an amazing event! Will they let the public know a few days before they open them up? Or just the morning they are available?
Yes, there will be an advance announcement of when reservations will begin. Last year, the announcement was 8 days prior to when reservations started.

This might be the funniest thing I have read in days!

Disney sees NO need to fix the booking, they sell out without doing that LOL!:rolleyes1
A girl can dream, right? I'm well aware of the whole demand is there while nobody even knows what the supply looks like, but it is still killing me.

Anyone know when booths/menus and map will come out for 2017? I can only find 2016. Thanks!

Has anyone been there for this before? Those are the last 3 days of my trip, wondering if I should avoid Epcot or if there's anything worth seeing.

I have been there during tapings and even attended one. They set up a stage at the base of World Showcase where it meets Future World. I forget how many people can attend a taping but it's not enough to notice a difference vs crowds on any other day. The only difference in terms of operations are that the nearby dock for the Friendship boats was closed and I don't think that area is available for Illuminations viewing. If you're a fan, you might get a glimpse of the hosts as they walk in but otherwise the way it's set up, you can't really watch the show.

Anyone know when booths/menus and map will come out for 2017? I can only find 2016. Thanks!

There is a preview event for Tables in Wonderland members on 7/15 and in years past the menus and schedule (for the most part) have been announced then.

Been at Epcot during F&W a few times and sampled the kiosks but never done F&W. This year, its game on!

All kind of excited and dying to see what special events are offered. C'mon schedule already!

Couple, okay many, questions in advance while I not so patiently wait. There's lots to do and figure out overlapping times.

Definitely want to do the Party for Senses. What's the real difference between the Wine View Lounge vs reserved seating? The prices last year were $329 vs $199. We don't mind sitting with other people. However curious on premium bar and cheese station, and if it's a better view to the stage. Plus how much earlier do you get in? And did they not offer it during November last year???

Do the days events are offered stay pretty consistent year to year? Looks like the Parisian Breakfast was only Saturdays last year. The cheese seminars are only on Saturdays too? Decisions, decisions. Has anyone done these to talk differences?

Likely will do one of the What's Cookin brunches.

The French Family lunch last year was just Friday. Any reviews?

Lastly, how long are the $15 seminars/demonstrations? I see some say 45 minutes (last year) however I don't see length for all.

:thanks:

Been at Epcot during F&W a few times and sampled the kiosks but never done F&W. This year, its game on!

All kind of excited and dying to see what special events are offered. C'mon schedule already!

Couple, okay many, questions in advance while I not so patiently wait. There's lots to do and figure out overlapping times.

Definitely want to do the Party for Senses. What's the real difference between the Wine View Lounge vs reserved seating? The prices last year were $329 vs $199. We don't mind sitting with other people. However curious on premium bar and cheese station, and if it's a better view to the stage. Plus how much earlier do you get in? And did they not offer it during November last year???

Do the days events are offered stay pretty consistent year to year? Looks like the Parisian Breakfast was only Saturdays last year. The cheese seminars are only on Saturdays too? Decisions, decisions. Has anyone done these to talk differences?

Likely will do one of the What's Cookin brunches.

The French Family lunch last year was just Friday. Any reviews?

Lastly, how long are the $15 seminars/demonstrations? I see some say 45 minutes (last year) however I don't see length for all.

:thanks:

Can't answer the PFTS question about the reserved seating & Wine View lounge as we only did the party once many years ago before they started with the upcharges. Last couple of years they have not had PFTS every Saturday during the festival & I believe last year they only had it during October.

For many of the special events they pretty much hold them on the same days each year. They may change the times slightly but the Cheese Seminar is usually always on Saturdays. Parisian Breakfast always Saturday only. French Lunches they used to do Friday & Sunday. We didn't go to the festival last year so don't remember when they were scheduled for. The events in Italy were I believe Regional Lunches Monday, Wednesday & Friday and the Wine Verses Beer Pairing on Tuesday & Thursday. I highly recommend attending any or all of these. Way more worth the price to me than the PFTS.

Seminars/demos are Scheduled to take about 45 minutes. Some are done quicker but most are about that long.

Last edited:
Party for the Senses. I have done it with both reserved seating and wine view. With either reserved seating or wine view you are at a table with just your party. The differences are
- wine view is front and center on the stage. Reserved is off to the sides and behind the lounge
- wine view is blocked off, other guests can't walk through your area at any time. Reserved is in the open area with the open tables. I have seen guests try to just take seats at a reserved table, but the CMs are quick to deal with that
- service is dramatically better at Wine View. Every time you leave to go get something your table is cleaned etc....
-wines are better at wine view, but not dramatically better
-I think they seat wine view at 6:30, reserved at 6:45 and then the stampede occurs at 7.

There is no way what I get at Wine View is worth the extra cost so you have to justify it as an "emotional" splurge

Also, while there is still a stampede for the free tables when they start general admission I really don't think it's necessary. Disney has put in a LOT more tables and the entire holding area is turned into tables after the party starts. There seems to be a lot less problem with tables the last few years.

How are Sundays at Epcot during F&W festival? Trying to decide between touring on a Sunday or Monday in September!

I keep seeing Saturdays are crazy but can somehow help define crazy? Due to random life circumstances, after literally 10 years of wanting to go for f&w, this year I can finally go! Only problem is it's a weekend trip (Oct) so the only day we can go is Sat (or no f&w at all this year). We've been to the parks for Thanksgiving and last year during Christmas week even and managed to making it work so I'm guessing we should be ok...? Just 2 adults, no kids. I figure since its a short time, the plan is to explore booths and likely not attempt any demos or shows this time, and hopefully turn this into an annual thing.

I keep seeing Saturdays are crazy but can somehow help define crazy? Due to random life circumstances, after literally 10 years of wanting to go for f&w, this year I can finally go! Only problem is it's a weekend trip (Oct) so the only day we can go is Sat (or no f&w at all this year). We've been to the parks for Thanksgiving and last year during Christmas week even and managed to making it work so I'm guessing we should be ok...? Just 2 adults, no kids. I figure since its a short time, the plan is to explore booths and likely not attempt any demos or shows this time, and hopefully turn this into an annual thing.
The last time I went on a Saturday, probably about four years ago, the walkway around World Showcase was packed. Wall to wall people. It was difficult to walk in some places. The lines for the kiosks ranged from 30 to 60 minutes each. I had a reservation for a special event in the late afternoon is why I went. Never again.

My recommendation would be to hit the kiosks at 11:00 am which is when they open. You may be able to sample some food items before the lines become excessive.

Here's a review of the French Family Lunch: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/...eview-french-family-meal-traditions-luncheon/

The culinary demonstrations/beverage seminars usually last 45 to 50 minutes.

Thanks for posting that link @crazy4wdw! That lunch sounds fantastic.

I read a great review last year about a lunch in Tutto. I think it was a wine pairing though it could have been beer, but whichever it was, the food featured truffles.

Would love to go to one of these events, but I need to convince a member of my traveling group to join me. Reviews like this that I can show them will help me do that. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter