2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

For us it's Kenny G and Billy Ocean. Ugh to both. DH likes Billy Ocean, I just hope he's fine listening to him in the background instead of actually getting seats. :laughing:

I am pretty bummed, the person I really wanted to see is Tiffany, but she's there the day we leave.

I am also interested in learning about the coupon booklet / badges, its been a few years since I've been to F&W...

Thanks Dis_Yoda (whose past Epcot TRs I've loved and drooled over:lovestruc) and OrangeCountyCommuter. We are in driving distance and seeing 38 special would be nice. (Yeah...I'm an '80s chick:o). Anyone see them before and know if they vary their sets? They have a fairly decent catalog of songs. I'm reading the concerts are only 30 min each, so pretty short to bother scheduling a trip around, unless I have a chance at a couple of diff show sets same day or over the 2 days.

Glad you enjoy my reports! Always great to know people are reading along!

One thing about their songs - if they are too risky, they will not play them.

I purposely made a trip in 2015 for Everclear (and very well may be doing the same this year as well) and the songs they played were their main radio hits or safe songs. As half of their songs reference adult/hot topic matters - they weren't played (i.e. Heroin Girl, Heartspark Dollarsign, etc.) I don't know 38 special so not sure of their Catalog.

Reactions: shh

No performers I'm interested in for the days I'll be there. Seriously, if "The" Nine Inch Nails can play the Roadhouse in Twin Peaks, why can't they play at F&W?

I suspect F&W isn't the NIN crowd;) I would seriously consider a second trip for that though, even though I have seen him multiple times. Every NIN show I see just gets better and better, and that's over more than a 20 year span. He can still sell out big auditoriums, so he probably garners a bigger price than WDW is willing to pay.

I suspect F&W isn't the NIN crowd;) I would seriously consider a second trip for that though, even though I have seen him multiple times. Every NIN show I see just gets better and better, and that's over more than a 20 year span. He can still sell out big auditoriums, so he probably garners a bigger price than WDW is willing to pay.

I'm not even sure they pay that much.

I do know the artists get Club Level Rooms + Park Tickets for their family + VIP Tours, etc. For some bands - that might also be a perk especially large families with younger children. They also have to apply to be considered. I saw the site where chefs/bands apply for it a couple years ago.

After the 8PM show at Everclear in 2015 - Disney provided Art a real Prince Charming costume and was taken to meet his daughter at MNSSHP. That's a perk that probably can't be paid for.

I am also interested in learning about the coupon booklet / badges, its been a few years since I've been to F&W...
Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Tasting-Sampler-16_-004-417x600.jpg

They are 8 or 16 pull-off plastic tabs that come with a lanyard and exclusive pin. Last year the prices with tax were $62.80 for the 8 and $116.16 for the 16. Do the math, and that comes out to be $7.85/tab for the 8 and $7.26/tab for the 16. It's a good way to save if you plan to order a large amount of items over the cost-per-tab and you can share the tabs with anyone (so don't lose them!). Only a handful of food items are over $7, but a ton of the wine & cocktails are. There are some restrictions on super pricey items though (like Dom Perignon), so keep that in mind.

Glad you enjoy my reports! Always great to know people are reading along!

One thing about their songs - if they are too risky, they will not play them.

I purposely made a trip in 2015 for Everclear (and very well may be doing the same this year as well) and the songs they played were their main radio hits or safe songs. As half of their songs reference adult/hot topic matters - they weren't played (i.e. Heroin Girl, Heartspark Dollarsign, etc.) I don't know 38 special so not sure of their Catalog.

Nah...they're pretty family-friendly for the most part - southern rock stuff. But good to know the above.

I'm very late this year to this board and I apologize but could someone please let me know if the date the Food and Wine Dining Events are being released to be booked has been announced? I read through several pages and didn't see it, so I assume it hasn't been announced yet. With our daughter and her 4 kids living with us I'm finding my time pretty limited. We are definitely going, booked DVC starting mid September and I really want to keep on top of it. Thank you for any help with what I've missed so far.

Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Tasting-Sampler-16_-004-417x600.jpg

They are 8 or 16 pull-off plastic tabs that come with a lanyard and exclusive pin. Last year the prices with tax were $62.80 for the 8 and $116.16 for the 16. Do the math, and that comes out to be $7.85/tab for the 8 and $7.26/tab for the 16. It's a good way to save if you plan to order a large amount of items over the cost-per-tab and you can share the tabs with anyone (so don't lose them!). Only a handful of food items are over $7, but a ton of the wine & cocktails are. There are some restrictions on super pricey items though (like Dom Perignon), so keep that in mind.
Thanks!! I would definitely want to get one of these. It's perfect for sharing and I certainly want to try the drinks. :-)

I'm very late this year to this board and I apologize but could someone please let me know if the date the Food and Wine Dining Events are being released to be booked has been announced? I read through several pages and didn't see it, so I assume it hasn't been announced yet. With our daughter and her 4 kids living with us I'm finding my time pretty limited. We are definitely going, booked DVC starting mid September and I really want to keep on top of it. Thank you for any help with what I've missed so far.
It's looking like no details until the Tables in Wonderland event on July 15 unfortunately.

Absolute only info so far is the Eat to the Beat band line-up.

Thanks!! I would definitely want to get one of these. It's perfect for sharing and I certainly want to try the drinks. :-)

Fingers crossed they have jalapeño margaritas on the rocks again. They were fantastic and very well worth those coupons.

If they don't have the jalapeño flavor, I just hope they some kind of margarita on the rocks. I can't drink more than one of the frozen type plus those always seem skimpy on booze to me. On-the-rocks are so much more sippable.

Looks like Delta Rae & The Hooters.... I asked my husband and he had the same response of "who?" so I guess we are just there for vittles again this year! :drinking1
We heard Delta Rae here in NC at a local venue and they were really good! Wish they were there when we come in September.

Grrrrrrr... Last year the TIW event was earlier and the festival didn't start in August. I'm dying for information!!! C'mon, Disney!!! The suspense is killing me!!!!

On the upside, maybe they're keeping it all under wraps until it's actually communicated clearly, and fully, and working in the systems, for the CMs to be able to help us when we start scheduling... That'd be a nice change of pace. After our experience booking, rebooking, then rebooking again, and then fixing the final rebooking of the premium package in 2015, I'm hoping the more complex scheduling items will be clear and easy.

Fingers crossed they have jalapeño margaritas on the rocks again. They were fantastic and very well worth those coupons.

If they don't have the jalapeño flavor, I just hope they some kind of margarita on the rocks. I can't drink more than one of the frozen type plus those always seem skimpy on booze to me. On-the-rocks are so much more sippable.

Most years they have a margarita on the rocks. There used to be a Rose one that was super yum!

Most years they have a margarita on the rocks. There used to be a Rose one that was super yum!

I can't tell you how much my sister-in-law and I liked the jalapeño. We were obsessed, but I would take another good flavor on the rocks. I love the blood orange in La Cava and would be very happy if they offer that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter