2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

I'm glad I decided to check in on this thread. We wanted to go to the parks during Halloweentime and couple it with our first stay at the Grand Californian. We are big fans of the Halloween party and are hoping to attend that as well. We booked the hotel for the last week of September (looking and basing our dates on last year's party dates). Now, I realize we may need to push back our dates a week for the party if they start on the 29th (our check-out day). It's always nice to be able to plan for contingencies.

Thanks for all of the advice and words of wisdom so far. In the past, this has been one of the most helpful and fun threads for building up the anticipation for a Disneyland trip!

No news yet...

I keep wavering between sticking with my Halloween plans or taking a Christmas trip. Wish I could do both, but just can't. My kids haven't seen DL during the holidays and I think they'd LOVE it!! But I'm anxiously awaiting the Halloween announcement to see if any possible changes seal the deal for our plans!

I can always tell when dates haven't been announced by how much the thread has grown :laughing: I was out yesterday so I was hoping to come back to like 10 new pages and that would have been my sign to go book it! Drat! I got the same rewards email yesterday, just couldn't make it on to the boards to share, so I'm glad someone else got to it! Hopefully soon!

I can always tell when dates haven't been announced by how much the thread has grown :laughing: I was out yesterday so I was hoping to come back to like 10 new pages and that would have been my sign to go book it! Drat! I got the same rewards email yesterday, just couldn't make it on to the boards to share, so I'm glad someone else got to it! Hopefully soon!

One of the biggest thread growth spurts in the Halloween Time threads usually comes from the tickets going on sale. When the tickets are on sale, there is all sorts of discussion about and activity centered around the process of that. And then, of course, when the actual announcement of the dates and season comes out -- especially if there is something new in the announcement -- is a big time for activity.

In my former Christmas/Holiday Season Superthreads, things would pick up significantly when I started my annual (Disneyland holiday) Theme Week Countdown photo challenges (with gift card prizes at the end), and then when the official news came in as well. I had it all planned out and staged as to which theme would pop up in which week, and I wrote intros for each theme and used my own photos to show examples of what I needed people to post. Then, at the end, I would randomly choose winners and mail out Disney gift cards. The whole process took anywhere from 3 - 4 months.

I'm glad I decided to check in on this thread. We wanted to go to the parks during Halloweentime and couple it with our first stay at the Grand Californian. We are big fans of the Halloween party and are hoping to attend that as well. We booked the hotel for the last week of September (looking and basing our dates on last year's party dates). Now, I realize we may need to push back our dates a week for the party if they start on the 29th (our check-out day). It's always nice to be able to plan for contingencies.

Thanks for all of the advice and words of wisdom so far. In the past, this has been one of the most helpful and fun threads for building up the anticipation for a Disneyland trip!

Did you you used to follow along with my Halloween Time Superthreads? They were fun, indeed! :dancer::dancer: This thread is not quite the same sort of thing (in terms of being set up the same way), but I think that people just want a thread of some sort to talk about Halloween Time, whatever the thread is called or however it is set up. My last Superthread (which was started last year) was closed, and so this one was created!

No news yet...

I keep wavering between sticking with my Halloween plans or taking a Christmas trip. Wish I could do both, but just can't. My kids haven't seen DL during the holidays and I think they'd LOVE it!! But I'm anxiously awaiting the Halloween announcement to see if any possible changes seal the deal for our plans!

The Parks Blog about Halloween Time would usually not come out quite this early in the morning (remember, it's not even 8 a.m., Disneyland time). I'd have to go back and check all of my Halloween Time Superthreads from the past years to be sure, but I think that there have been some late morning announcements at some point. I think there was an afternoon announcement at one point. There may have been an early morning announcement at some point too, but usually not before 8 a.m. PST.

Both seasons -- Halloween Time and the Holidays -- are great! The holiday season begins on November 10th this year, so that much we know without waiting for the Parks Blog announcement to come out in September. (September!!!!! For a season that starts in November!!!! Because people don't need to plan their trips or anything!!! :faint:)

Did you you used to follow along with my Halloween Time Superthreads? They were fun, indeed! :dancer::dancer: This thread is not quite the same sort of thing (in terms of being set up the same way), but I think that people just want a thread of some sort to talk about Halloween Time, whatever the thread is called or however it is set up. My last Superthread (which was started last year) was closed, and so this one was created!

Yep! The Superthread was the one I was thinking of. Love that one!

Amazing experiences await at the Disneyland® Resort

Separate Theme Park admission required.

• Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! at Disney California Adventure® Park
  • Halloween Season at the Disneyland® Resort starting September 15, 2017
  • Fantasmic! at the Disneyland® Resort

This is posted on the disney credit card offer. So I think it may be safe to say that the official start to Halloween Season will be 9/15.

Amazing experiences await at the Disneyland® Resort

Separate Theme Park admission required.

• Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! at Disney California Adventure® Park
  • Halloween Season at the Disneyland® Resort starting September 15, 2017
  • Fantasmic! at the Disneyland® Resort

This is posted on the disney credit card offer. So I think it may be safe to say that the official start to Halloween Season will be 9/15.

Yes, that's what we were talking about yesterday in this thread! It was interesting info, indeed! But we still need the official announcement from the Disney Parks Blog, with the details.

Yes, that's what we were talking about yesterday in this thread! It was interesting info, indeed! But we still need the official announcement from the Disney Parks Blog, with the details.

Definitely agree on needing the details! I just hadn't seen anyone post about the "official" date yet, so I thought i'd share when I saw it.

Sorry if it was already posted!

Definitely agree on needing the details! I just hadn't seen anyone post about the "official" date yet, so I thought i'd share when I saw it.

Sorry if it was already posted!

Oh, it's no problem at all! MerMazing posted the official date here yesterday (it's on the previous page), from Disney Rewards. But I'm sure a lot of people missed seeing it, as it likely got lost in the shuffle! Most people are looking to the Parks Blog for the info, not even thinking about the date trickling out in some other Disney-related location!

That kind of thing used to happen years ago -- sometimes dates for things would pop up in the fine print of emails or in the Annual Pass section of the DLR website before the Parks Blog ever made an announcement. Then that pattern seemed to stop for a while, to where important info was only coming from the Parks Blog. So it is always surprising now, when or if something slips through the cracks and appears somewhere else before the Parks Blog announces anything at all. They need to speed up their announcements!

Wait... I think I missed something... what's the gift card offer? Maybe I got a different email...

I think it's interesting how different people get the emails at different times! I have a Disney Visa card, but I haven't gotten any emails from them about Disneyland (just the Friends & Family sale one).

I think it's interesting how different people get the emails at different times! I have a Disney Visa card, but I haven't gotten any emails from them about Disneyland (just the Friends & Family sale one).
I think it's just their screwed up IT. I got the advanced booking one for Disneyland and the reminder about the $50 referral, my Mom got the advance offer and the friends & family email, neither of us got the one mentioning Halloween info. Gah! Glad for the DIS so we can get the info all in one place.

I actually never got an e-mail. I don't have the Disney visa credit card, but I have the Disney visa debit card. So I just went onto the Disney visa debit card rewards page and it was listed there. :)

I actually never got an e-mail. I don't have the Disney visa credit card, but I have the Disney visa debit card. So I just went onto the Disney visa debit card rewards page and it was listed there. :)

Was it just this morning that you saw it there? I looked at that exact page yesterday -- the Debit page -- and did not see it. It could have just been added in overnight?

Was it just this morning that you saw it there? I looked at that exact page yesterday -- the Debit page -- and did not see it. It could have just been added in overnight?

I looked right before I posted the information about Sept 15th as the start of Halloween. Since you didn't see it yesterday, there's a good chance it was added overnight. It was in the "Limited Offers" tab.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter