2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last few months it has been like this with every new set of hours released. They'll add those back in with a future update, I'm sure. September was like that when it first came out, but now it has Wishes and MSEP on most non-party nights.

thank you; first time we have booked so far in advance

Seriously! I am kicking myself for not inquiring about the bounceback offer when I was there in September.
The bb is awesome!!! The problem is, you're booking it a year in advance and sometimes your travel dates change. I have the bb booked but my travel dates recently changed. I was unable to make that change without cancelling and losing my FD. That's why I'm hoping for FD for my dates.

The bb is awesome!!! The problem is, you're booking it a year in advance and sometimes your travel dates change. I have the bb booked but my travel dates recently changed. I was unable to make that change without cancelling and losing my FD. That's why I'm hoping for FD for my dates.
We were able to change ours by just a day and we didn't lose free dining.

If you are about to make a res and are watching/hoping to modify for free dining if/when it comes out, book a Basic Plan package (no tix, no din, just room) instead of a room only res. That will make the modification way easier if free dining becomes available.

I can't imagine how in the world this is easier than waiting to book a new free dining package when the offer comes online. There is no benefit to having a reservation ahead of time since modifications are allowed only if there is availability. And whatever the person booked may not be available.

I love the Halloween party! It's a must do for us when we go in the Fall!

I know there is a lot of speculation and anticipation, but remember CMs can not discuss any upcoming discounts. Asking about discounts or upcoming events puts them in a difficult position because certain Disney information is confidential.

looking at how people are saying they can make changes to their resort reservation packages, I was curious to see if I would be able to do this from our laptop. I did manage to look up our reservations but it says we have to call and then gives a number to call( 407-939-1936), not sure that is a good number or if it would be better to use one of the others that have been posted in this thread. I am trying to go back through all of our past vacation folders(yes, I have folders that have info that I think is important-or was at the time) I am thinking I will hold on and book my oldest son's reservation once FD is released and maybe I will be able to them somehow linked (he is wanting to check in 2 days before us and it seems crazy to both purchase mm when we will be in a lot of the pics together)

They don't allow you to modify the bounce back offer?

lol! So you liked POR, then? I'm torn between sticking with what we know and like, or trying something new. I was kind of hoping the resort exclusions on FD would make the decision for me, lol. I guess I can wait at this point and see what's available, since both resorts seem awesome.
Last year we did CBR for the kids pirate splash pool and the week we were there it was closed! My boys still had a great time in the regular pool and going down the slides though. I was nervous about CBR being so big but only because the bridge was closed when we were there. Honestly it wasn't as issue at all! They had a boat for us and shuttles but honestly a lot of the time I just walked the .7 mile from Aruba to the food/pool. I should add though that I go to the gym 3-4x a week so all that walking doesn't really bother me but I could see how it could be a lot especially after a day in the park. This year I'm thinking of trying POR. I've stayed at POFQ and loved it! They just opened an amazing Mardi Gras kid splash area that looks awesome at POFQ. According to what I've read it's .56 mile to walk from the pool at POR to POFQ so that's less than I walked at CBR and you can use both pools!

It's my birthday this weekend too, but I can wish it away because I'm turning 40!:sad2:

I'll be 42 in a few months, but I remember how I freaked over turning 40. :crazy: It turned out the actual day wasn't bad at all. :) Hope you have a spectacular birthday!

Some years back I found out that a very dear friend of mine, who had grown up in the foster care system, had never gone Trick or Treating-ever! I treated her to a short trip to WDW and MNSSHP. Back then they had free face painting and she was first in line. We had a ball running around and acting like kids, it was a wonderful experience.

What a sweet, but kinda sad story. I feel so bad for the ones in foster care. What a good friend you are!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter