2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know what stinks? (I'm on break so I guess time to ponder).

I have a great CM who was very helpful to me. So much so that I wrote her name and extension. The problem is, I don't want to book until the promo unfolds which means she will not get the credit for the booking. She works 8 am to 430 and i will be booking upon release. It bums me out.

We love it. Switching it up for a December trip to do Christmas time, and to celebrate son's 13th and daughters 6th, but Trick or Treating in the Magic Kingdom is one of the coolest things I have ever done (and that was at 38 and 40).

Some years back I found out that a very dear friend of mine, who had grown up in the foster care system, had never gone Trick or Treating-ever! I treated her to a short trip to WDW and MNSSHP. Back then they had free face painting and she was first in line. We had a ball running around and acting like kids, it was a wonderful experience.

Some years back I found out that a very dear friend of mine, who had grown up in the foster care system, had never gone Trick or Treating-ever! I treated her to a short trip to WDW and MNSSHP. Back then they had free face painting and she was first in line. We had a ball running around and acting like kids, it was a wonderful experience.

What a beautiful story!

Actually, the reason PH work so well for us (even as two adults) is because we take afternoon breaks lol We usually hit up a park in the am, stay until after lunch, head back to the hotel for some swimming or a nap/shower then head out for the night to another park.
us too

Personally I'm hoping you need ph and waterpark, my hubby won't let me pay the extra for the water parks, but if we have to have them he won't be able to argue lol.
Haha! That was my Mom last year, she sees no value in the PHs whereas we love them. But they were required so I was like, nope we have to have them :cool1:

It's my birthday this weekend too, but I can wish it away because I'm turning 40!:sad2:
:bday: I just turned 40 last year, so I know what you mean. Feels the same truthfully. I wore my B-Day button at Disney and proudly told everyone I was celebrating being 40! So rock it! :cake:

Let's pretend that I get what I want. I am going to book the bb if it's offered. As much fun as this anticipation has been, I'd rather sacrifice the 400.00 to make sure I have it for next year.
:rotfl2: Well, I have a FD BB, and I'm still here. But let me tell you, it's a lot more fun watching it without the stress! This is our first BB that we could do as we do not normally go on back to back years. But this time, I'm booking the BB again just in case we want to go next year....I also think that this might be a good argument for going next year. "But we already have FD booked, it'd be a shame to waste it...." :scratchin

For us, we always have to have hoppers lol Our touring style has us at atleast two different parks each day.
We thought we would use them since we were forced to buy them last year, but just didn't. Over the years, we have found that we spend less time in the parks then we did in the past. we used to do mid day breaks with the kids when they were younger. Now we leave mid day and don't go back.
It's my birthday this weekend too, but I can wish it away because I'm turning 40!:sad2:
i just turned 40 at Disney in November. It made it a little better to deal with:rotfl2:

Last edited:
For those of you going this year and planning to book the BB--make sure you do it before you return home from your trip. Has to be booked by the night of your checkout (meaning, if you check on 9/23, you have to have it in place by 11pm that night before the phones shut off). I found that out the hard way one year.

See, i'M the cheap one here. For al of us last year it was $260 more for park hoppers. We have NEVER bought them before. We add them because we had to, but we only used them once the entire trip. So for me, if they would have made us upgrade from standard rooms, and add the hopper, we would have been inched toward saying maybe free dining isn't a deal for us. But we did keep standard rooms, so I bought the park hoppers, but wasn't happy about buying something we don't use.
I am a current annual pass holder---prior to this we never ever used park hopper. But---the 2 visits this year we have used the park hopper because of all of the closures at Hollywood Studios---twice we split the day between Epcot--because you can only get a fast pass for Soarin or Test Track not both and Hollywood Studios because you can only get RnR or Toy Story---so by splitting the days we got fast passes for everything and saw the new Star Wars fireworks one night and Illuminations the other.. So normally I am not a fan but this year things are different.

Every year by the end of the trip, we've had enough Disney-we call this our Disney Hangover. We go through the whole "maybe we will/should vacation somewhere else next time" thing. Then within a few months, often quicker than that, we start to hear Disney whisper to us once again. So I'll go to start looking at dates and promos, etc. and before you know it I'm in full withdraw and here I am- waiting with my fellow addicts for FD, lol.

This year-I WILL be booking BB. I'm going to do it the day we get there before my head hits the pillow on the first night while the excitement is fresh and the Hangover is still a week away.

I will admit this thread really does add to the excitement:tongue:

Every year by the end of the trip, we've had enough Disney-we call this our Disney Hangover. We go through the whole "maybe we will/should vacation somewhere else next time" thing. Then within a few months, often quicker than that, we start to hear Disney whisper to us once again. So I'll go to start looking at dates and promos, etc. and before you know it I'm in full withdraw and here I am- waiting with my fellow addicts for FD, lol.

This year-I WILL be booking BB. I'm going to do it the day we get there before my head hits the pillow on the first night while the excitement is fresh and the Hangover is still a week away.

I will admit this thread really does add to the excitement:tongue:
Last year I didn't do the BB my brother did. I'm going to get a visa this year. I will be booking the BB even though next year we will be going to Hawaii with the parents I will still do DW, I usually take only one vacation but I think I'll do two and a trip to palm springs. I get an extra week of vacation. Woo hoo.

If the park is closing for a Christmas Party there is no regular parade fireworks those are reserved for the party guests.
there are several nights we are there on nights with no Party that says "none" right now, at some point will Wishes be added. Thanks for your help.

Last year I didn't do the BB my brother did. I'm going to get a visa this year. I will be booking the BB even though next year we will be going to Hawaii with the parents I will still do DW, I usually take only one vacation but I think I'll do two and a trip to palm springs. I get an extra week of vacation. Woo hoo.

My extra week of vacation was added this year, we did a Carnival cruise in January with a quick stop by WDW-I'm not sure I'll ever be able to go through the Orlando airport and NOT go to WDW. We have a family cruise on Carnival in February next year and they are wanting to do Universal, maybe I'll send them there and I'll go to Disney.

Quick question about the Nov. operating hours pdf someone shared (thanks to that person!!!)-
I notice under the Wishes and Electric Parade, it's listed as NONE, while illuminations has a time. Am I missing something? What does that "none" mean? TIA!

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/staticfiles/parkhours/wdwtravelagent_november.pdf

The last few months it has been like this with every new set of hours released. They'll add those back in with a future update, I'm sure. September was like that when it first came out, but now it has Wishes and MSEP on most non-party nights.

If you are about to make a res and are watching/hoping to modify for free dining if/when it comes out, book a Basic Plan package (no tix, no din, just room) instead of a room only res. That will make the modification way easier if free dining becomes available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter