2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been lurking along, but now I need to vent...
I'm going for the room only discount in October. I had the option to modify online earlier but it kept telling me to change my resort even though the Cabins are available to book new with the discount for our dates. I've tried calling multiple times and never could get through on my cell. Finally got through on my work phone but the wait time is 2 hours, I tried a different number and it won't even go through. I'll have to hope it's available later because I can't sit on the phone, even on hold all morning :-(

Is anyone familiar with the 'garden view' rooms at POR? I wanted the standard but they were not available this morning. We have only stayed in the standard and usually at Alligator Bayou when we have stayed there. Where are they normally located? I might be able to change to the standard when it does become available. But if the garden view is close like the ones at Alligator Bayou, I may just keep them.
Had a garden view in Alligator Bayou in 2013 and it was closest to the parking lot.

I don't know. Stay/Play/Dine is a similar offer, but not the same.

It's exactly the same right now. I get the same prices through free dining as the Visa offer.
I just did dates of 12/11-12/17 and I got a standard package for 3100 and through visa I got a preferred for 2900. I have to have messed something up!

Check the dining plan. The higher number may have been automatically upgraded to the next level plan. That's what happened to me. When I fixed it they were both the same.

OK, so in a very rare move, I'm not looking for FD this year. But I am looking for RO from October 11-15. Was anything released today that I could use or am I waiting until July for a RO offer like I had planned?
There are several RO posted now, check out the offers page. Mine showed up with the free dining.

I don't know. I'm sure they do, but I don't really think Americans are traveling out of the country for the purpose of going to Disney like the UK does coming here. We visit the parks a day or two, and UK peeps come here for weeks.

I would agree that not many Americans travel out of the country to the other parks and if they do they surely aren't staying as long as people who travel from the UK to the USA are.

It makes great business sense for Disney to extend these offers to the UK, etc.

Can someone who got the DV offer check and see if a preferred room is available from 9/10-9/17 at POR rs? If not I am not going to bother to call! Please :)

I just tried that number on a different phone, got through & got all my info, and now I'm done with the second call while my first call is still on hold!!! Thanks for the tip!!

What in the world! Every time I call that one it rings twice, says "You have reached a non working number" and then makes me hang up. :headache:

Smart....free dining is NOT always the best deal for families.
We had Coronado booked this morning with free dining since there were no rooms at Pop. We really wanted All Star Movies for my 5 year old son who loves 101 Dalmatians. I priced the back to school deal and what do you know it was $275 cheaper with the same dining package and preferred room. I didn't have to pay for park hoppers we don't use or the expensive preferred room for moderate. So I'm very surprised right now since we have done free dining 5 years in a row.

Yes so weird! I booked at 415am but my dates of 8/28-9/3 were not available at CBR. So I booked the following week, switched over all my ADRs and went to bed. Got up at 7 and found my original dates were available so changed my ressie. Now back to fix the ADRs again. I'm a DV holder but kind of glad I didn't have to put my deposit on it since I just booked GP offer. Still going to make sure the DV pkg costs the same!
Yep at 5:30 am I could not modify my CBR. At 7 am I tried calling, and while calling I kept checking modify CBR - and poof the dates were suddenly available - so all I had to do was modify my reservation! Kept all my ADR. I think I got lucky - but I got it none the less! I'm going the same time frame as you, just shorter - 8/29 to 9/1

With all of the amazing things Disney has pulled off this free dining thing is not one of them----how many years now and they still haven't figured out how to make their own system work?

Ok, there about a billion people calling. I'd give them a mulligan here.

I hope everyone was successful! I was up at 4am CST and saw it and ran some prices (I would have been able to get what I was wanting) but last night DH and I had a big discussion on when we want to go versus wanting free dining and the choice of going in Jan won out. Now lets hope they open up Jan soon and offer a comparable deal. I know there is no free dining, but I wonder how a Play Stay and Dine will measure when it comes to dollars saved.
We got the discount off the myw package last January and this February. it was still a good deal. You won't be disappointed to go then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter