2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What type of coffee pots does the resort have? I called the resort and the CM stated that they provide the coffee and the filters but when I inquired about the type of pot, she said it was a single serve, k-cup? Do you know? We usually bring our own coffee and would need to order the correct style-last time we stayed there it was a 4 cup coffee pot.
Thanks in advance!

Most of the mods have the pouch style single cup makers in the rooms. Definitely not k-cup style.

What type of coffee pots does the resort have? I called the resort and the CM stated that they provide the coffee and the filters but when I inquired about the type of pot, she said it was a single serve, k-cup? Do you know? We usually bring our own coffee and would need to order the correct style-last time we stayed there it was a 4 cup coffee pot.
Thanks in advance!

This was on the POR info site

• Cuisinart dual-cup ‘pod’ coffee machines, with complimentary coffee pods supplied (these have now replaced the old 4-cup/basket filter machines in all Port Orleans rooms). The pods contain Joffrey's French Roast coffee, both regular and decaf, with more available upon request.
http://www.portorleans.org/rooms.php

Anyone else think this has went a bit wonky? It seems when they don't do the Visa early, it just muddys up the water. I can see many folks being very confused with all the different emails, dates, and information flying from Disney in the past few hours. It's nearly overwhelming for even us vets.
VERY wonky and confusing. I just don't understand why they have to be so secretive and weird!!! Just announce the offer and pull an Elsa and LET IT GO!

OK, so in a very rare move, I'm not looking for FD this year. But I am looking for RO from October 11-15. Was anything released today that I could use or am I waiting until July for a RO offer like I had planned?

FYI - there appears to be different availability for VISA offer and PUBLIC offer. I haven't read every single comment here so not sure if that was pointed out. For dates around Thanksgiving I can see POP under the Visa offer in standard or preferred pool view and NO availability under the Public offer. Just one small data point.

I just did dates of 12/11-12/17 and I got a standard package for 3100 and through visa I got a preferred for 2900. I have to have messed something up!

FYI - there appears to be different availability for VISA offer and PUBLIC offer. I haven't read every single comment here so not sure if that was pointed out. For dates around Thanksgiving I can see POP under the Visa offer in standard or preferred pool view and NO availability under the Public offer. Just one small data point.
Hmmm. I wonder if there is different availability between Americans and Canadians.

It would appear that the room only discount is available on Club level rooms only. I can't even get it to pull up for the values.

OK, so in a very rare move, I'm not looking for FD this year. But I am looking for RO from October 11-15. Was anything released today that I could use or am I waiting until July for a RO offer like I had planned?

Room only offer

Enjoy back-to-school savings and captivate your entire family with a visit to Walt Disney World Resort—exciting new entertainment, events and attractions are waiting to be explored.

Take advantage of this great offer to save up to 25% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels. Book now through August 31, 2016 for stays most nights August 26 through November 5, 2016. Other great rates may be available for stays most nights August 1 through August 25, 2016.

No matter when you choose to travel, there’s always something uniquely fun to experience in all 4 parks—from world-class attractions to fireworks spectaculars to unforgettable Character Greetings and beyond!

This special offer is valid for the Disney Resort hotels listed below. View chart to check out sample savings within each Resort Category.

Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts
Save up to 25%: 8/26/16 - 11/5/16
Disney's BoardWalk Villas
Disney's Old Key West Resort
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
Disney’s Beach Club Villas
The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows - Studios Only

Select Disney Deluxe Resort Hotels
Save up to 25%: 8/26/16 - 11/5/16
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Standard Room/Pool View Rooms
Disney's BoardWalk Inn
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Savanna View/Club Level Rooms
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort

Select Disney Moderate Resort Hotels
Save up to 20%: 8/26/16 - 11/5/16
The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside

Select Disney Value Resort Hotels
Save up to 15%: 8/26/16 - 11/5/16
Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort - Family Suites Only
Disney’s Pop Century Resort
The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort

Anyone else think this has went a bit wonky? It seems when they don't do the Visa early, it just muddys up the water. I can see many folks being very confused with all the different emails, dates, and information flying from Disney in the past few hours. It's nearly overwhelming for even us vets.
Wonky is a perfect word to describe this....

So - I fell asleep. And now there is no availability where we were hoping to stay, of course. I just don't know if I should book it anyway, in something we didn't really want that is going to cost a thousand dollars more, or wait and see if the resort we would like becomes available later on.

I think I'll just be waiting. Seems silly to book something that we probably wouldn't even use in the long run. But then all of last night that I did manage to stay up is like it was for nothing. So unsure!
Keep checking the website or try calling once a week to see if you have a pin for FD.

Any idea why some Disney Visa cardholders aren't being sent this deal? I appreciate the links from everyone, but I don't know if I should be calling my credit card to try to make sure I get the deals sent in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter