• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2016 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: September 14 - November 14, 2016

Man, I wish I could go back again this year -- Next year for sure! For anyone on the fence about getting the VIP Package -- it was well worth it (especially the VIP areas around World Showcase) even if they did take out a few items compared to 2014's VIP Package. The only thing I hope Disney improves on this year is that there should be more items equivalent to Canada's Filet Mignon/Cheddar Cheese Soup when using the credentials to redeem free food items.

As for musical acts...I would not be surprised if Aaron Carter or Sister Hazel made appearances since they are playing every street fest here in the Midwest.

For anyone on the fence about getting the VIP Package -- it was well worth it (especially the VIP areas around World Showcase) even if they did take out a few items compared to 2014's VIP Package.

We didn't go in 2014 but went in 2015 and the VIP package was totally worth it. The inclusions like the bottle of wine and the free seminar were meh, the magic band was fun, but what made it worth it was the seating areas. It was so relaxing to go to the seating areas, sit down, and have people bring us the food/beverages. That was totally worth it for us! We will definitely be booking this again for 2016.

Following along! We will be at F&W for the first time this year, and it's also my boyfriend's first trip to WDW. We will just catch the end of the festival as we arrive on 5th November. Super excited!

What was the huge mess? I'm planning on getting the VIP package and you've got me worried.

From what I remember, there was a lot of conflicting information on what was included in the package. What was on the website and what CM's were telling people was not the same info. Seems like it was several days before it was resolved. There was also conflicting information provided on the premium package last year.

Also you couldn't book everything (including the seminar) at once because of their systems, but I don't think that should be an issue this year.

Also you couldn't book everything (including the seminar) at once because of their systems, but I don't think that should be an issue this year.

Wasn't there also a lot of conversation/controversy if there was even a VIP package in 2015?!!!

I think for the premium package part of the problem was they started selling it before they had all the details as to what it was going to include. Most people bought it early hoping it would include the same things as the previous year but alas it didn't.

I do remember sitting in the China VIP area (first week of F&W) and one of the people in charge of putting together the package came over and asked a few questions regarding if I was enjoying the benefits and whatnot. In the end she was telling me that Disney was going to be making major changes to the package for next year but confirming it would be back for 2016.

Thanks for putting this together, this will be our first F&W and looking forward to all of it!!

Just wondering if it's normal for the booth and event details to be released to late? With the festival starting earlier than ever I would have thought that details would have been released by now. We've only got about 80 days until we arrive and we're desperate for details so that we can finalise our plans and get ready to make FPP reservations.

Just wondering if it's normal for the booth and event details to be released to late? With the festival starting earlier than ever I would have thought that details would have been released by now. We've only got about 80 days until we arrive and we're desperate for details so that we can finalise our plans and get ready to make FPP reservations.
The booth menus (beyond the items that will show up in next weekend's F&W preview event) won't be known until the week the festival starts and the menus are physically put up on the booths. That is nothing different than in past years. And, typically, the special event info comes in mid-to-late July, with booking to begin in late July or early August. The only thing we typically know by now is the full Eat to the Beat concert schedule.

The booth menus (beyond the items that will show up in next weekend's F&W preview event) won't be known until the week the festival starts and the menus are physically put up on the booths. That is nothing different than in past years. And, typically, the special event info comes in mid-to-late July, with booking to begin in late July or early August. The only thing we typically know by now is the full Eat to the Beat concert schedule.
Hmm that's a bit disappointing. I was looking forward to picking out what we'd like to eat around the booths in advance. We arrive in Orlando on the 2nd so it doesn't sound like we'll be able to preplan our choices :(

Hmm that's a bit disappointing. I was looking forward to picking out what we'd like to eat around the booths in advance. We arrive in Orlando on the 2nd so it doesn't sound like we'll be able to preplan our choices :(
You can look at last year's menus. They don't differ a ton from year to year. It can at least be a starting point.

The culinary demonstrations, beverage seminars (typically wine tasting), and mixology seminars are scheduled every day of the festival.

Culinary demos are typically scheduled at 1:00 PM, 3:00 PM, and 5:00 PM each day of the festival.
Beverage seminars are typically scheduled at 12:00 noon, 2:00 PM, and 4:00 PM each day of the festival.
Mixology seminars are typically scheduled at 6:00 PM each day of the festival.

All of these seminars/demonstrations are held in the Festival Welcome Center which is located in the old Wonders of Life Pavilion (between Universe of Energy & Mission Space).
Thank you!! Do you have to sign up for these or do you just show up?

Actually the marketplace menus were released last year on July 16. I looked through the 2015 thread. I don't think the prices were out until a few days before the festival started.

Thank you!! Do you have to sign up for these or do you just show up?

If there is a seminar that you don't want to miss, I'd make a reservation. Usually only the seminars with celebrity chefs sell out. I know most of the tastings/demos I attended last year were maybe half full.

Actually the marketplace menus were released last year on July 16. I looked through the 2015 thread. I don't think the prices were out until a few days before the festival started.

If there is a seminar that you don't want to miss, I'd make a reservation. Usually only the seminars with celebrity chefs sell out. I know most of the tastings/demos I attended last year were maybe half full.
You're right, I thought we only had partial menus after the preview last year.

Am happy to see this thread! I will be there in September starting Sept 9 and never thought I could be there for this! Am interested in a cooking demo if they have them right at the start! If not, well we get to a concert and try the booths!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter