2016 DISNEY HONEYMOON Roll Call!!

I already have the personalized champagne glasses too. Forgot about those! Photo frame is going on my list. I saw several that I liked on our last trip. Thanks! and Congratulations!

Me! We are staying 5 days at the Fort Wilderness camp grounds! June 26- July 1st! We bought the dining plan and I made all our reservations. I even have five days of couples shirts :banana::rotfl2:

So df and I decided wth, we are gonna do a disney wedding, and then do a disney honeymoon. So now we are doing disney from May 1 thru the 21st and then disney cruise from the 21st to the 28th. :love:

Well DF and I officially booked a few weeks ago- Grand Floridian Aug 16-23. We are very excited to celebrate our honeymoon at our favorite place on earth! :love:

Oh my! So many fun posts! I totally forgot that I started this thread. Wedding brain, am I right!?

We are renting DVC points, and my lifelong dream of staying at the Grand Floridian is coming true! So ridiculously excited. Sept. 11th-15th! And we have yet to book, but we'll probably do a moderate resort the week before.

Ooooh Grand Floridian would be beautiful and perfect for a honeymoon! And I love that picture/story of Woody marrying you guys! So adorable! I hope you can work that into your wedding somehow! Did you guys get engaged while at Disney? And if so story please!
We didn't get engaged there! We had the trip booked, and he WAS planning to propose at WDW, but then he figured I would see it coming from a mile away (which I would have, I was totally expecting it at Be Our Guest restaurant because BATB is my favourite ever). So instead, he proposed at home just before we left, which was wonderful.

I am making a disney registry to help offset the costs of the trip - anyone else doing that?
Ummmm God bless you! I had NO idea that this was a thing and I was absolutely giddy after learning I could create a honeymoon registry at Disney. So now that is what I'm doing as well for our big day!

We'd originally booked all deluxe hotels, and a Disney cruise, but the crappy Canadian dollar has us scaling back majorly. Currently we're back to Moderate resorts (POFQ before the cruise, CS after). Hopefully we don't need to keep scaling back! But we're being realistic and it's just not smart to lose almost 40% in the exchange rate and get literally nothing out of it - just give it to the bank.
YUP. Fellow Canadian in the exact same boat!

Oh I wish I was snowed in! I have to wait until after work to listen to those podcasts! Oh well! I'm so excited to be going to WDW! I find myself humming Disney songs under my breath right now haha.

We are :-) we got married on the 4th July 2015 and are having our Wdw honeymoon/ first anniversary in Saratoga Springs.. We arrive on the 4th July 2016 :-D 128 days to go.. I can't wait :-D

We are staying at CSR for our honeymoon Aug 20-28!! So excited, it's always been my dream to honeymoon at WDW!

I am! My fiancée and I are arriving May 22 of this year, the day after our wedding! We are staying at Coronado Springs Resort! Can't wait!!!

So is anyone else feeling totally overwhelmed planning not only their wedding, but ALSO their perfect Disneymoon on top of that?

Ugh. Between all the payments for the vendors and ordering this invitation, and chasing down people for RSVPs, and finalizing cakes and dinner menus - and THEN figuring out ADRs, special events we want to go to, what's changed in the parks (I'm sure my fiancé is going to want to go to all the Star Wars stuff but I don't even know what's there now and what will be there by time we go in Sept), etc etc.

I think I need a dole whip and a nap. :worried:

So is anyone else feeling totally overwhelmed planning not only their wedding, but ALSO their perfect Disneymoon on top of that?

I didn't feel too bad planning my wedding. But I also knew going in that due to work my DH and I wouldn't be able to take our Disneymoon right after the wedding. It made it easier to seperate the two. I do have (VERY tentative plans. AKA DH doesn't know about them yet) about planning our vow renewal for either DL (where we got engaged) or WDW (Disneymoon). Just make a list and take things day by day!

Ugh. Between all the payments for the vendors and ordering this invitation, and chasing down people for RSVPs, and finalizing cakes and dinner menus - and THEN figuring out ADRs, special events we want to go to, what's changed in the parks (I'm sure my fiancé is going to want to go to all the Star Wars stuff but I don't even know what's there now and what will be there by time we go in Sept), etc etc.

I think I need a dole whip and a nap. :worried:

Our honeymoon is going to be about six months after the wedding so it's nice and spread out. Honestly thinking about Disney gives me a nice break and distraction from the wedding! Although that may change when I need to make ADR's 5 days before the wedding. Lol. But to be fair we are having a small city hall wedding also so that helps with the stress.

I think for both wedding and Disney the one thing to remember, and which helps calm me when I need it, is just remembering it's just about me and the DFi and our love and if it's not perfect that's okay cause it's all about us! And being together for the rest of our lives! (Mushy but it helps me!)

We will be on property from 12/3-12/10 (possibly 12/11). Wedding is on the 6th, so the 7th-10th/11th will be our Disneymoon! We will be in a 3 bedroom grand villa at Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village 12/3-12/9 and then moving to a standard room at the Polynesian for our free night, hoping to add on a second night at the Poly (it's already booked, just need to see if finances are going to allow it, here's hoping!).

I hope everyone has a great time! We'll be down there for our little Minimoon in May (May 25 - May 30), renting points at the Beach Club. Then we're off to a few days at Disneyland for our actual honeymoon in August (before flying to Hawaii for a stay at Turtle Bay and to visit Aulani). SO excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter