• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

Has anyone heard anything about Poly? I've been trying for the last 3 hours and only get a busy signal. We are already booked without park hopper and will still go no matter what....just wish I knew if I should waste the rest of my day off calling!?!

Before I attempt a 2+ hour long distance phone call from Canada can someone who knows more than I do confirm that a vacation from august 23-29 with 5 day park hopper tickets for 2 adults (although I'm going to be adding a 3rd adult) at all-star music in a 'standard view' room should qualify?? (we booked the summer offer but we're going to drop that in favour of free dinning).

Thanks!
You're arriving before the Free Dining dates start (start 8/28). So, you would not be eligible for Free Dining, unless you do a split stay (for one night).

Edit to add, I didn't see the Canadian dates, so as long as your start date is during the offer times, you would be good. But, I just checked your dates and online it isn't showing any availability for that promo & your vacation dates. Keep checking online or just call!

Last edited:

Thanks! Our family was dead set on CBR but when they only had availability for a Pirate room, I decided to book POP Preferred instead.

Would you be willing to quickly list some reasons why you love POP and why you like it better than CBR or other Mods? My kids are 16 and 13 and I'm concerned that they won't have fun; maybe they will feel out of place because they are older. I know my daughter will really miss the slide at CBR and I will miss the hot tub :( but it may be good to try something new. We stayed at POP for a few hours last year (in after midnight and out at the crack of dawn) before we checked into CBR so we really didn't have anytime to explore.

I need a pep talk - LOL.
We love POP, over POR actually. The buses are amazing, you can walk to AOA to explore and then eat there too (yummy foods at the food court). There are kids of all ages at POP. We've gone just as adults too and had a great time. The theming really makes you feel like you're at Disney (something we missed at POR). You'll have a great time!

Canadians get free dining starting on the 15th of August.

It should qualify - don't know if those nights are available though

Just for a reminder:
Free Dinning Offer:
For arrivals most nights
August 28–October 2, 2015
October 25–October 31, 2015
November 8–November 19, 2015
December 15–December 21, 2015

Excluded Resorts:
The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows
Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard View Rooms
Ft Wilderness campsites
All 3-bedroom villas

September Exclusions:
Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter

October – December Exclusions:
Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside

FREE Dining is only available to Guests with Magic Your Way Park Hopper OR Magic Your WayWater Park Fun & More theme park tickets.

Book between April 27, 2015 – July 10, 2015.

You're arriving before the Free Dining dates start (start 8/28). So, you would not be eligible for Free Dining, unless you do a split stay (for one night).

I think I saw somewhere the Canadian dates started earlier. Can someone verify that? I can't remember for sure.

I've called over 300 times phones been busy i got through twice was on hold for 30 min first time then got cut off, second time over an hour and got cut off again. been at it since 7am

we have reservations oct 19th-25th so wanna see if we can get it but can't get through on the phone and the chat system has been down all morning

Room Only Offer:

Save up to 30% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels. Offer valid for stays most nights August 15 through October 3, 2015.

Book through August 7, 2015

Save up to 30% at the following Deluxe Resorts and Villas:

• Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
  • Disney’s Beach Club Resort
  • Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
  • Disney’s Old Key West Resort
  • Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
  • Disney’s Beach Club Villas
  • The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Save up to 25% at the following select Moderate Resorts:

• Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort 25% 25%
  • Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
  • The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside 25% 20%
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
Save up to 20% at the following select Value Resorts:

• Disney’s All-Star Music Resort 20% 20%
  • Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
  • Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – Family Suites Only
  • Disney’s Pop Century Resort
  • Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort – 15%
  • The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Savings is based on the non-discounted price for the same room. Length of stay requirements may apply. Moderate and Deluxe suites may be available at a lesser discount.

So I have a question. Aren't the free dining dates released the same time as room discounts? Since they didn't release any room discounts does this mean that they probably aren't offering them? As of right now my travel agent is still saying she's trying to get me in for our week, at Port Orleans, but for the week of October 25th. That isn't included in the deal! She said let's just wait and see what opens up, but I am really concerned that this will leave me out in the cold without anything. Does anybody anticipate they will do room discounts as well at some point? I really would prefer to stay where we are, especially if there's a potential room discount coming. But if not, and the best move for us is to try and change our resort to get the free dining... I am just so stressed I don't know what to do! I need to take a pill!

They did ALSO release room discounts for late summer/early fall, for most dates August 15-October 3.

Some of us waiting for a "rest of fall 2015" RO offer that will cover October through December. In 2014 a similar offer was released July 23/24. I started a new thread for those of us waiting for the rest of fall 2015 RO offer (which we HOPE will happen).

SW

for Canada it says the 15th.
I edited my answer .. missed the Canadian dates. I checked though, and there is no availability for your dates for the Free Dining offer at Music. Unless there is a different site for Canada. This was on the disneyworld.com site.

So I was up last night until 12:30 watching for the discount. Nothing!! So I woke up at 6 AM for work and looked. Supposedly there is nothing available for the the room type and group of people at WL. I'm so bummed! I have tried to call at least 100 times. kept getting messages regarding technical difficulties and not being able to complete the call. Finally got through, was on 'dead air hold' for 1 and 1/2 hours and then the phone died. After about 20 more attempts to get through, I finally got back on the phone but I'm extremely frustrated. I'm thankful however that I had the sense to log on this morning and book a room at CBR with free dining just in case the WL isn't available. Only issue is that I have Memory Maker & MVMCP tickets linked to the WL reservation. Hoping they can move them.

Has anyone heard anything about Poly? I've been trying for the last 3 hours and only get a busy signal. We are already booked without park hopper and will still go no matter what....just wish I knew if I should waste the rest of my day off calling!?!

Couldn't get free dining at Poly for a standard view - not at 5am CST online or when I called at 7EST. Only club level and lagoon view were left. That is just too much for us, so I had to just book a standard room at rack rate and I'm praying for a room discount. Unfortunately my parents are set on the Poly so I didn't have much flexibility at all. My reservation is for Oct 25 - Nov 2.

Anyone else who was on hold on the phone have silence on the other end? I thought they usually played music. I definitely got through, as I gave all my information. Just thought the silence was weird.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter