2014 Free Dining PIN Code Thread

I got a pin! It was under my boyfriend's name (but my email) in the spam. Will be applying the RO discount to our May trip!

Grats to all who have gotten discount PINs and/or able to get discount applied to their reservations. :banana::woohoo:
Good luck to all who are still waiting & hoping! pixiedust:

I received this PIN offer by email yesterday afternoon. I had to laugh, as we (of course) can't use this one, and I spent the better part of June and July STALKING my various email accounts hoping for the Fall PIN :) Thank god it ended up going public!! Oh well, here's hoping this means I am more likely to get PIN's in the future.

Good luck to those who are hoping for some pixie dust. They are definitely still sending them out, so don't give up! pixiedust:

Ugh.. The email came to my email, but under my moms address and name:-( no pixie dust for me this time around

The same thing happened to my DH. He called up this Morning and just gave them the FD Pin that came in his email. He booked us for the 1st week in March and did not say a thing about the code not being in our name. :confused: The CM confirmed that it was a FD pin and that was it. It's worth a try :) GL!

Called today 10/8 and CM said I had a FD pin. Booked 11 nights POR five Disney Adults (52,52,18,15,12) for $4179 :woohoo:

will this thread be covering all FD pin codes, even for fall FD? or is this just for Jan. thru March FD pin codes. I have a DV and hoping FD will be offered again for Sept. 2014. When did the DV holders receive the Pincode this past spring for FD this fall?

The same thing happened to my DH. He called up this Morning and just gave them the FD Pin that came in his email. He booked us for the 1st week in March and did not say a thing about the code not being in our name. :confused: The CM confirmed that it was a FD pin and that was it. It's worth a try :) GL!

So I gave it a shot. I called and got a CM that said he could override the pin and apply it to my name and address instead of my mom's since it came to my email.. It is a good day!

Hi all!

I've been on this website for about 2 weeks reading about all the free dining PINs and the S/P/D offer. I just wanted to share my news.

I called last Thursday, no pins. I called yesterday afternoon, no pins. I was checking for myself, my husband and my mom. Nothing.

I called today to apply S/P/D to my existing reservation, the CM was having an issue doing it and I secretly was hoping she would say what she said.

I HAD A FREE DINING PIN!!!! :yay::banana:

I kept refreshing the page on the disney website and sure enough it showed up. Still waiting for the email but my ressie says MYW+Free dining pin.

Just wanted to share and give you guys some hope that it may still happen! Good luck!

So, just a little word of advice...

I got an email with a free dining PIN attached (as well as RO, but I loves me some dinin'!).

I called to book - was told the PIN did not work. My dates were solid, my name changed due to marriage, but that wasn't an issue.

So the CM said, "that's okay, just let me go ahead and add a free dining PIN that I have on hand."

What that means, I don't know... but it might be worth it for some of you to call and ask - I mean, since mine supposedly "didn't work," and she just happily added another one... ? :rolleyes1

will this thread be covering all FD pin codes, even for fall FD? or is this just for Jan. thru March FD pin codes. I have a DV and hoping FD will be offered again for Sept. 2014. When did the DV holders receive the Pincode this past spring for FD this fall?

Last year, the "late summer" (i.e. Sep) offer started on May 6 for DV card holders & GP offer started May 9th.

Keep checking in this thread. Even if a new thread is opened for later offer dates, there will be a link to it posted in this thread. Good luck & pixie dust to you! pixiedust:

So, just a little word of advice...

I got an email with a free dining PIN attached (as well as RO, but I loves me some dinin'!).

I called to book - was told the PIN did not work. My dates were solid, my name changed due to marriage, but that wasn't an issue.

So the CM said, "that's okay, just let me go ahead and add a free dining PIN that I have on hand."

What that means, I don't know... but it might be worth it for some of you to call and ask - I mean, since mine supposedly "didn't work," and she just happily added another one... ? :rolleyes1

This is what happened to me when I called. I had no pin, plus I had not been in the disney system, so there was no way I could have a pin. But the CM somehow got me free dining. I am sure that she used a pin because when I got the reservation it said free dining pin. I will be thanking this woman for years. Enjoy your trip!!

I called yesterday and the day before and asked about a PIN with no luck...just now, I called and the CM put me on hold to review the reservation and when she came back she said she applied a free dining pin!!! So excited, it saved me about $200 on the reservation!

I have not yet received a new email with the changes. But when I click on the link in my old email, it brings up my old reservation with the SPD price. How long does it take to update in the system? Should I be concerned?

This is so frustrating. I ordered a vacation planning DVD months ago, I've updated my mde profile, I've priced out vacations- tweaked my dates and priced out different resorts and different lengths of stay. NO pin!!! It makes me just want to cry.

If we had FD, we'd for sure be going. That FD would just have us stretching 200-300, not the 900-1000 we'd have to stretch with the RO or SPD that are public now.... :-(

ETA. You know, I didn't even get ANY email today or for the last week announcing The public SPD or RO offers. And I've called them like 3 times in the last week to check for pins and confirm different resort costs. I've been keeping my eye on my inbox and spam folder. (Pity party sulking over here!)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

If we had FD, we'd for sure be going. That FD would just have us stretching 200-300, not the 900-1000 we'd have to stretch with the RO or SPD that are public now.... :-(

ETA. You know, I didn't even get ANY email today or for the last week announcing The public SPD or RO offers. And I've called them like 3 times in the last week to check for pins and confirm different resort costs. I've been keeping my eye on my inbox and spam folder. (Pity party sulking over here!)

I'll join your pity party. Free dining would save us $1400 over SPD this year. I have done everything except stand on my head to try and generate a pin for the last 4 years and still nothing. With a free dining pin I would book my flights tomorrow. Without it we are still dithering about going or not.

I'll join your pity party. Free dining would save us $1400 over SPD this year. I have done everything except stand on my head to try and generate a pin for the last 4 years and still nothing. With a free dining pin I would book my flights tomorrow. Without it we are still dithering about going or not.

Exactly! I looked at the Southwest sale today and I just can't commit :-( i'll most likely miss the sale they have going right now, even though prices were the same last week. Who knows what air fares will do after the SW sale ends on Thurs.
the money we would save is more than 25% of the whole vacation!!!

Has anyone ever tried to send a note through the contact me section on the Disney website asking about a pin code? I am guessing that it wouldn't help much, but at this point I feel like I have nothing to lose by begging. :)

I'm so frustrated about this whole PIN for free dining thing. I agree with those who are saying that it's simply not fair that some people randomly get to spend spend hundreds of dollars less on their vacation. I don't mean any hate towards the people who are getting the PINs - congrats to you guys!

We were able to apply the general public SPD today, so I should be thankful that we're getting any discount at all. Heck, I should be thankful that I'm going on vacation at all! And I am. But if we got FD, we'd be able to upgrade to a moderate and this is probably the only time that we'd ever be able to afford it. So it'd just be nice, ya know??? And it's just not fair that some people get them and others don't. Especially when some CM's apply the discount to people who didn't even have PINs and others don't.

Ok. This is the end of my first-world-problems rant. I just had to get it out!

This is so frustrating. I ordered a vacation planning DVD months ago, I've updated my mde profile, I've priced out vacations- tweaked my dates and priced out different resorts and different lengths of stay. NO pin!!! It makes me just want to cry.

I've been a part of the pity party for 16 years so I know what you're feeling. It wasn't until just yesterday that I received my first pin code. I've done it all too...ordered the DVD, added a new email address, saved vacations, etc. Didn't do a darn bit of good. This year, I booked our vacation on the day that the 2014 prices were released and haven't done anything since. On a whim, I checked an old email address when I read that some were getting pin codes. Ta-da, there is was.

I hardly ever get emails from Disney about their promotions even though I have subscribed to anything that's Disney related. The only email that I consistently get are the Disney Movie Rewards newsletter.

So, I guess the moral of the story is to never give up. I never thought that I'd get a pin code since Disney knows that we are going to Disney each and every year (some times more than once a year) regardless of any special offers or pins.

Has anyone ever tried to send a note through the contact me section on the Disney website asking about a pin code? I am guessing that it wouldn't help much, but at this point I feel like I have nothing to lose by begging. :)

Yep, tried that too. I got a pretty general response telling me that the pins are released by marketing, are random, blah blah blah. I have pretty much begged and pleaded with castmembers while on the phone with them. Alas, no luck there either.

Interesting thread....to get a promtion "pin"...do I understand this correct? To get FD or a "pin" or promotion, one has to be in the Disney system...and sign up to get emails or snail mail? Guess I better go and find where to sign up...where is that? Thanks

We can keep it going as long as it doesn't hit capacity (250 pages)....and if it does, we will start a "part 2". :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter