2014 Free Dining PIN Code Thread

My parents are going the same time as my family and we both booked separate packages. They booked spd at CBR and I used a free dining pin. A CM told my mom if we were traveling"together" we could both use the free dining. Does that mean it can be applied to their reservation or would they need to cancel and I would have to add them to mine? also we are arriving and leaving on different days? thanks for any insight

My parents are going the same time as my family and we both booked separate packages. They booked spd at CBR and I used a free dining pin. A CM told my mom if we were traveling"together" we could both use the free dining. Does that mean it can be applied to their reservation or would they need to cancel and I would have to add them to mine? also we are arriving and leaving on different days? thanks for any insight

As long as your trip overlaps and they are at the same resort, they can link you and you can both use the pin. I don't know your dates exactly, but needs to be clear you're there to be together not one group checking in on the others check out or something. Dates don't have to be exact though.

We're planning two trips for next year, and I got a RO code for dates we were actually planning on for our adults-only trip! I'm hoping beyond hope that there will be a free dining offer for October 2014... I have 5 kids; free dining is a much better deal for me!

I just called and spoke with a really nice CM but I don't think she knew what she was talking about. Lol. I had her check for pins under all our adults and she did and said that the package we booked was under the S/P/D pin. I said that booked it through the Visa discount and I know some free dining pins have come out and I was checking for those. She said nope free dining pins have not come out at all. I said that's funny because people on message boards all over are saying they got pins and even emails about free dining that starts Jan 3 which is a different date than S/P/D. She said well that's the crazy thing about the internet rumors get started and take off but there has not been a FD pin released! Urgh!

I wish I would've spoken to a more informed CM.

I got an email for free dining :banana: Jan. 3-mar. 5th I believe. So we are thinking of going in Feb. :yay: since we homeschool. Is this what everyone else is getting emailed too?

I haven't ever been emailed a code and I almost deleted the email without opening it. So glad I did. We were thinking of going in May, but for free dining I will gladly go in Feb. :cheer2:

People that are receiving pin codes, are you waiting to book or have already booked your stay?

If you booked and used a travel agent, do they have to call or can you?

TIA

As long as your trip overlaps and they are at the same resort, they can link you and you can both use the pin. I don't know your dates exactly, but needs to be clear you're there to be together not one group checking in on the others check out or something. Dates don't have to be exact though.

Called and cm told me that both reservations would have to be in my name and I would have to arrive first. my parents ate arriving two days earlier and we are overlapping 5 days but she said it had to go under my name. I thought we could keep them separate and link them. oh well

Called and cm told me that both reservations would have to be in my name and I would have to arrive first. my parents ate arriving two days earlier and we are overlapping 5 days but she said it had to go under my name. I thought we could keep them separate and link them. oh well

I don't know about who needs to arrive 1st, but I don't think the reservations have to be under same name. You're supposed to be able to book up to 3 rooms with the same PIN.
It's also possible to do "split stay" - 1st 2 days w/out FD discount, rest of stay with - if you do need to arrive 1st.

You're supposed to be able to book up to 3 rooms with the same PIN.

I am debating between upgrading to a mod for our upcoming trip and asked about booking two rooms, and was told by the CM I talked to that I could only have one reservation under my PIN. Maybe I should call back???

People that are receiving pin codes, are you waiting to book or have already booked your stay?

TIA

I received my first pin code in 19 trips to Disney day before yesterday. I already had our 2014 trip booked when I received it. If you have existing reservations that were booked through a travel agent, you will need to give your travel agent the pin code and ask that they call and see if it can be applied.

I am debating between upgrading to a mod for our upcoming trip and asked about booking two rooms, and was told by the CM I talked to that I could only have one reservation under my PIN. Maybe I should call back???

Unless they've changed something with this round of PINs and limited the number of rooms you can reserve w/ the same PIN, yes call back. CMs have been known to "occasionally" be wrong! Good luck!

We're planning two trips for next year, and I got a RO code for dates we were actually planning on for our adults-only trip! I'm hoping beyond hope that there will be a free dining offer for October 2014... I have 5 kids; free dining is a much better deal for me!

OT but I just saw your signature! I have 7 kids and I was also a Surrogate to twins! Twins were boys though :) You totally deserve your "adults" only trip! DH and I are planning one for next year. Have fun :)

TIA

Okay, let me tell you where they're at. I would book if you want it because stuff Is going.

I just called. I WANTED BC Aug 17-21 in a standard or garden view (preferably) room for the 35% off discount.

What was available still? This is what I got: YC Aug 17-21 with a garden view.

Yes, BC only had lagoon or club level available still at the discount. But I didn't want to go quite that high. So, happily YC could still accommodate me and basically the same thing, pool, prox. to Epcot, so I'm happy.

I got a free dining pin on Monday
Free dining 1/3-3/5
At select moderate, deluxe and deluxe villas
With a full price room and ticket package

My wife and I have both called and still no PIN for free dining. We are looking for January 2014. We have been to WDW three times with our three kids. My parents, who have been there dozens of times, called and got a PIN for free dining.

Does it matter that they have been there many more times than us? We are waiting and (patiently) calling the CMs dutifully.

Just wondering.

My wife and I have both called and still no PIN for free dining. We are looking for January 2014. We have been to WDW three times with our three kids. My parents, who have been there dozens of times, called and got a PIN for free dining.

Does it matter that they have been there many more times than us? We are waiting and (patiently) calling the CMs dutifully.

Just wondering.

Nope, that doesn't matter at all. It's completely random. Are you going at same time as your parents? If so, you should be able to link the ressies and get FD applied to your ressie too. Good Luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter