2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival 9/19-11/10

I got home yesterday from my 3rd & final F&W Trip for this year.

The Signature Dinner @ The Wave was awesome! I wasn't expecting it to be as well done as ones I've done in the past but it pleasantly surprised me as they went all out. The food & wines were great!

I did the Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic on Halloween - my mother & I really enjoyed it. It felt well organized with its set up & I easily got my money's worth between the food & wine & beer selections. If its going on next year when we are up that way, my husband & I will be going.

Keegan did a great culinary demo & Sunday Mornings with... I really enjoyed both of them.

Elizabeth Falkner's Culinary Demo was just ok. She got to do about 15 to 20 minutes of a demo but at least now I know how easy it was to make duck confit which will work for my thanksgiving contribution this year.

The items my mother & I had this past weekend from the booths were just a great as what my husband & I enjoyed at the beginning.

Last night was CRAZY crowded- we were shocked....lines in France too long :(

Going back the next 3 nights

Wish there was better California wines-?not a good representation of our faves:confused3

Last night was CRAZY crowded- we were shocked....lines in France too long :(

Eat to the Beat, Boyz II Men performed last night and start of Jersey Week. I would think Thursday and Friday of this week will be packed.

We are heading to Food and Wine Sunday and Monday. Can I use my Disney Rewards Redemption Card? Sorry if this has been asked numerous times.

Pam Smith is sweet and sincere, and no I am not a personal friend. As far as rushing the chefs, it is her job to keep on a time schedule. Agreed she interjects a bit too much but she knows all those chefs and it is more like a friendly discussion for her.

And she wants to make sure we all KNOW that she knows them and how important she is. Sorry, but she seems to think we are there to hear her and that she's the star LOL! But I don't think she's as bad as the woman who did the wine seminar intros (not sure she's still there haven't done any.) No, we don't want to hear about how much she loves the Food and Wine festival, No we don't care who the Boston Red Sox are doing etc... I once watched presenter finally ask her if he got to talk during this demo or if it was all her. (That shut her up, but most of them just let her ramble on with her "look I have a microphone act" )

Since I originally posted on the premium areas I did look at them today. They did all seem to have at least one or two tables with seats, the majority were still stand up tables. There were also a couple of umbrellas at each location. But there were NO guests.... Seriously some locations had one table of guests and several were empty. I am not sure how Disney is going to continue this with 2 cast members in each area and no guests.... None of the locations I saw had more then one table of guests and most of the CMs looked bored. (I didn't get to watch them chase anyone out. :) )

I saw only a couple peeps using the premium areas last nite

Hoping tonight is slightly less crowded

By the way, I took my damaged wineglasses back. Cast member said they do not say hand wash only and I'm not the only person to return them.

The glasses are now on sale for a little over half price. I declined to buy a new set

The best part, the CM said management won't let them post a sign warning these have to be hand washed. In other words they would rather you took the junke home, discovered that and were stuck with them since most people probably live too far away to deal with returning them. Another sign of the "new and improved" Disney mindset to Guest Relations I guess :(

OMG. I am in the worst wine seminar ever. The "drunks" in front of me are having a personal party and don't care that no one can hear over them and there are 2 screaming brats. (Why do you bring little kids to a wine seminar) OK someone just slammed down their wine and left with kids.

And the drunks are all older then me and I am over 50. First drunk sighting and they are old enough to know better.

OMG. I am in the worst wine seminar ever. The "drunks" in front of me are having a personal party and don't care that no one can hear over them and there are 2 screaming brats. (Why do you bring little kids to a wine seminar) OK someone just slammed down their wine and left with kids. And the drunks are all older then me and I am over 50. First drunk sighting and they are old enough to know better.

I thought kids weren't allowed at the wine seminars. We wanted to attend one but was told that by the booking CM and we had no place to leave our DDs who are old enough to sit quietly but not old enough to be left alone outside the seminar area (or at least in today's world I wouldn't be comfortable leaving them alone). Did any of the CMs tell the loud drunks to be quiet or tone it down?

Miss Bud too, he was a real sweetheart as was his wife Jeannie.

Pam Smith is also a wonderful person and has a tough job. It's not easy to fill in (speech wise) for a chef that doesn't want to talk. Her job is to keep things moving and try to fill in gaps when things slow down. Love you Pam.

Our faves are
Escargot pie
Scallop on cheesy spinach
Grilled lamb chop on mint pesto

And DH loves the trout in Canada

I thought kids weren't allowed at the wine seminars. We wanted to attend one but was told that by the booking CM and we had no place to leave our DDs who are old enough to sit quietly but not old enough to be left alone outside the seminar area (or at least in today's world I wouldn't be comfortable leaving them alone). Did any of the CMs tell the loud drunks to be quiet or tone it down?

Cast Members did nothing about either of the issues. They just stood in the back. Another guest finally yelled at the adults to shut up and they got up and left LOL! (Nearly knocking over tables on their way out! )

I also thought they had quit letting kids in the wine seminars but...I think these parents actually PAID for these kids to come sit in there. :rotfl2: $30 for your kids to be bored and act out !

They are not supposed to be allowing kids in the wine seminars but it's pretty well known that Disney cast members will not prevent families with children from doing pretty much anything. I remember a post from someone who asked a restaurant manager to assist with a nearby out of control family and the manager said "we can't say anything to them, because it's supposed to be all about the kids."

Can someone who is currently down there tell me who is doing any cookbook signings on Sunday? We fly down tonight!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter