• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014 Disneyland 1/2 Marathon Weekend ** Check-In ** Updated 7/29 with Corral Info

Women's shirts are on the small side IMO (compared to wdw half shirts). But they have a good exchange program in my experience.

Just got back from the Expo! They did a great job, making some changes to the last Expo (Tink) and everything went smoothly for me! I just couldn't stay away, even though I told myself not to go until Saturday.

Can't believe it's really here!

Took 55 minutes for us to go through the official merchandise line, get the very very specific thing I wanted (vinylmation medal), browse quickly, get in line to pay, and be done.

Parking seemed to be free today. We tried to park in main DTD lot but there were no spots so we went to lot next to PPH behind frontier tower and it was just open gates in and out.

Thanks for the update guys! It's really fun to hear about the expo.

Are the women's shirts more fitted than last year? I got the XL last year and was swimming in it, so I got the L this year and now I am wondering if it will be too tight.

Took 55 minutes for us to go through the official merchandise line, get the very very specific thing I wanted (vinylmation medal), browse quickly, get in line to pay, and be done. Parking seemed to be free today. We tried to park in main DTD lot but there were no spots so we went to lot next to PPH behind frontier tower and it was just open gates in and out.

This seems to be the norm for the Expos. The main DTD lot is where I parked, and while they had us grab tickets when I entered, the gates were up when I left - no need for validation, etc.

Thanks for the update guys! It's really fun to hear about the expo. Are the women's shirts more fitted than last year? I got the XL last year and was swimming in it, so I got the L this year and now I am wondering if it will be too tight.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but last year was still unisex shirts were they not? Going back through my previous race shirts all of my shirts for the Disneyland Half are definitely not a women's cut.

That being said, comparing these to my Tink race shirts, they do seem to be a little more fitted. Mine (small) doesn't seem to be a drastic change. I actually like it.

Took 55 minutes for us to go through the official merchandise line, get the very very specific thing I wanted (vinylmation medal), browse quickly, get in line to pay, and be done.

Parking seemed to be free today. We tried to park in main DTD lot but there were no spots so we went to lot next to PPH behind frontier tower and it was just open gates in and out.

I'm hoping to find some shirts I like but my main goal at the expo is to get the 2014 rundisney vinylmation, fingers crossed for a green. I didn't even realize they made medals for them, I'll have to check those out too.

Wait, vinyl action medal. I'm intrigued by that - apparently I didn't take too close a look at the expo after all, haha.

They make the cutest tiny medals for vinylmation figures. They also sell a rundisney figure, but I have my own clear pink vinylmation I got a few years back, and that dude is quite a runner! Has medals from last tot, wdw half, and now this half. At 2.11 including tax (CA price...not sure of the FL tax for those races) it's the cheapest souvenir you can get!

I'll post the exact same thing on the WISH board thread as well.

I didn't take pix of much, just things that I personally liked. I'm quite sure others will have far better pictures very soon! Consider this a preview.

BRIGHT cotton zipup sweatshirt. I think it was rather thin.

B9A8F3E4-86E9-46C2-BF39-14492B6F200C_zpspvul9wp2.jpg

Nice jacket. Sorry for the blur. I *think* that this also had a version with a pink-based embroidery on the front. Not at all sure about the back.

20D436A6-9C75-4063-AA66-8070C2D365AF_zpsjqlxodot.jpg

BEF84009-FA17-4E04-8E31-04EDB800757D_zpsjlt9l9jk.jpg

Another BRIGHT shirt! I didn't hold it up to the cotton hoodie, but I think they were different colors. This is a tech fabric.

28755CED-FE48-465A-BBA1-9275B95A9BD9_zpsu9orlstj.jpg

These are pictures I got from the web so you can put my vinylmation together in your mind. :)

Thanks to ebay, http://vinylmationkingdom.com, and http://vinylmationworld.com (twice), I got these images.

mz95j6umVMEi8v-_07RkIEg_zpsbdc01b3c.jpg

and

20131003-125659_zps09bdb3bb.jpg

and

1501766_10100345620061700_1296397451_n_zps78e9ad58.jpg

So far.

And then s/he'll have this around her/his neck.

IMG_1225-499x499_zps120163be.jpg

So fun. :3dglasses

Just walking away from the expo now - pretty disappointed. Was very well organized, but they didn't have DDD wine glasses like I wanted to match my GSC, so had to just get the 1/2 glass. The dumbo zip jacket was very flimsy and pretty cheap feeling, which didn't make a ton of sense because the 1/2 zip jacket was very nice. So no DDD merch for me. And the only C2C stuff was the same plain t-shirts they had at PHM weekend. Plain and either pink or blue. I wanted a jacket or wine glass or something, but I settled on the white t-shirt which is the same crummy see-through material as the Enchanted 10K shirts from February. Not feeling the DL merchandise unfortunately!

The meet up was at 2:00 today at Trader Sam's right? Many people going?

I'm not sure all who was going to try and make it - but it's going to be a fairly small group I believe. I will be down at that outdoor fireplace in front of Trader Sam's and Tangaroa Terrace at 2:00 pm wearing a green tank that says "You're Pace or Mine" and my teal Brooks if it makes it easier to spot me.

I'll just be staying to say hello (and maybe a group photo if anyone is interested) but then I have to head to DCA for my shift.

I'm not sure all who was going to try and make it - but it's going to be a fairly small group I believe. I will be down at that outdoor fireplace in front of Trader Sam's and Tangaroa Terrace at 2:00 pm wearing a green tank that says "You're Pace or Mine" and my teal Brooks if it makes it easier to spot me.

I'll just be staying to say hello (and maybe a group photo if anyone is interested) but then I have to head to DCA for my shift.

Thanks!

Okay I'm officially on for the meet up. Wearing an Avengers silhouette shirt that's black and red that says 'They'll Come Back' and Cinderella shoes. Also wearing the 5k medal and a Happy Birthday button (birthday is later in the week). Might get there early.

I'll also be there for the meet up in about an hour and a half! Wearing a bright green shirt and I have a USC bag

All right I'm all ready over by the fireplace in case anyone else gets here early.

Have a great weekend everyone!! We did the DDD last year and had a blast. Plus, that was our C2C race. That medal is still my favorite.

Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter