2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you had a great trip. I saw some pics and it looked awesome:thumbsup2 How was Vero? Plan your food and wine 10/30-11/2 so we can hang out and do a little Food and WINE :lmao:

Vero is great for just laying around and doing nothing! Had a great time doing just that!!

Food and Wine is planned for 10/31-11/15. We check into YC on 11/3, but will be at BLT hopefully... I have to try and book that at the 7month window, so I might be staying somewhere else if that doesn't work out, but we will be in the area so we should make some plans when it gets a little closer!

~N

page 114-115

You will have at least one balcony when staying at the BCV's. All of the BCV studios have balconies. All of the villas have a balcony off the livingroom. Most, but not all, of the master bedrooms have a balcony. Some of the balconies are bigger than others, depending on what floor you are on and location.

Here is a photo that I've copied from the photo thread and you can see the different size balconies and the master bedrooms that just have a window instead of a balcony.

DSCF0572.jpg

Here's another shot of the balconies at BCV's I made in 2013. First floor=patio. Second floor=large balcony all the way across. We were on the third floor. No balcony in bedrooms but a larger one in living room. And fourth floor=three small balconies each.

And guess what. This layout is not the same throughout. We were on the road side this year (Rm 352) and there different layouts on the other floors.

I doubt if the architect that designed this place had any idea how much trouble he/she was going to cause us…..

Thank you both for these helpful posts!

:goodvibes

Pick me, pick me!!! It's seldom if ever I can offer any useful information because you are such an informational bunch, but this one I've got and it doesn't look like it's been answered yet!!! We stayed at the BC last week and YES, the washers and dryers were coin operated. $2 per load.

Thanks!

:thumbsup2

We are official! End of August WhOO HOO!:jumping1:
Can anyone confirm if a daybed is an important request or do most standard rooms come with one? My two boys will not and should not sleep together. No one will get any sleep if we attempt that debacle. My top requests for a room at YC is close to BC/stormalong bay, upper floor and of course that daybed. I believe a roll away would fit but does anyone have any recommendations for the room requests I have priority wise?

:woohoo:

I don't know how many rooms at either BC or YC have daybeds, but based on your post, I think you should make that your first request, although as you mentioned, if the room you get does not have one you may request a rollaway cot.

"Room with daybed, please. If possible, upper floor close to BC side of resort"

:)

My sister and a friend are going to WDW at the same time as us, we'll overlap for three full days, and we are making plans together for Cape May and lots of Flower and Garden fun. She is also willing to try dinner at La Hacienda, a first time for all of us. :)

Has anyone been to the Atlantic Dance Hall or to Jellyrolls? We have never been to either of these places in spite of staying at an Epcot resort more than ten times (I've lost count) and don't know much about them. Can anyone fill me in about these places?

My husband and I went to Jellyrolls in 2009 and had a great time!! Back then you had to get there a little early if you wanted a good table I'm not sure if that is still the case. The piano players were great as was the overall atmosphere!! We have been meaning to go back but haven't made it over in our last two trips. We are planning on going in October so I would love to hear if anyone has been recently if it is still good.

Hi all :wave2:

After canceling our August ressie at the Poly, we are officially booked at the Beach Club!! I am a little nervous as I have heard, and read, that the transportation on the buses are not always great, but Im hoping for the best!
We will be there August 25-September 3, feel free to add me to the list :)

Lastly I was not sure what kind of room request to ask for. I said next to an elevator but now I am thinking I should've been more specific. I want to be in a centralized location, near the lobby/marketplace/pool/bus stop, lol Obviously I will be closer to some places than others but I am just wondering if there was a specific area thats more in the middle of everything. It will be our first time there and I am so excited! Thanks for any help :goodvibes

After canceling our August ressie at the Poly, we are officially booked at the Beach Club!! I am a little nervous as I have heard, and read, that the transportation on the buses are not always great, but Im hoping for the best!

Lastly I was not sure what kind of room request to ask for. I said next to an elevator but now I am thinking I should've been more specific. I want to be in a centralized location, near the lobby/marketplace/pool/bus stop, lol Obviously I will be closer to some places than others but I am just wondering if there was a specific area thats more in the middle of everything. It will be our first time there and I am so excited! Thanks for any help :goodvibes

Congrats!!! Just as an aside, we stayed at YC back in April and had zero issues with the bus transportation at all. We are staying at BC in August and our trips overlap a little! We are there 8/16 - 8/26!! :dance3:

Congrats!!! Just as an aside, we stayed at YC back in April and had zero issues with the bus transportation at all. We are staying at BC in August and our trips overlap a little! We are there 8/16 - 8/26!! :dance3:

Oh thats so great! DH preferred the theming at YC, and if there was a QS we would be all over that! lol can August be here yet?! & thanks for the reassurance. We have only stayed at AKL and many people complained about the bus service, that the bus rides were SOOOOOOO long, but we did not notice at all! We are easy to please as long as we make our ADRS and RD we are happy campers! :)

Oh thats so great! DH preferred the theming at YC, and if there was a QS we would be all over that! lol can August be here yet?! & thanks for the reassurance. We have only stayed at AKL and many people complained about the bus service, that the bus rides were SOOOOOOO long, but we did not notice at all! We are easy to please as long as we make our ADRS and RD we are happy campers! :)
I think the buses are fine at BC/YC, especially when you consider that the only park buses you'll use would be for MK and AK. :)

Hi everyone, this may have been discussed to nauseum at some point but... for as long as I've stayed the BCV we've never done the pool on our last day. This years' trip we're thinking we might change things up and save Stormalong Bay for last. But then we have to think about where to shower when its time to leave. ugh.

Has anyone ever used the restroom/showers in the Stormalong Bay area? Are there any?

I remember seeing showers years ago, but maybe I'm remembering the gym before it was renovated...i really should know this...:blush:

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi everyone, this may have been discussed to nauseum at some point but... for as long as I've stayed the BCV we've never done the pool on our last day. This years' trip we're thinking we might change things up and save Stormalong Bay for last. But then we have to think about where to shower when its time to leave. ugh.

Has anyone ever used the restroom/showers in the Stormalong Bay area? Are there any?

I remember seeing showers years ago, but maybe I'm remembering the gym before it was renovated...i really should know this...:blush:

Thanks in advance for any help!

There are really nice locker rooms at the health club, with good showers. It is right next to SAB. :)

There are really nice locker rooms at the health club, with good showers. It is right next to SAB. :)

That's great! I wasn't sure if we could still use the health club since we'd need to check out by 11am. Guess we never had to think about that before.

Thank you so much! :goodvibes

I'm back!!! Had a great time in Port St. Lucie for mets spring training... Then headed on over to Disney Vero Beach for 5 days on the beach in the warm warm warm sun!! I spent most mornings on the beach and then afternoons at the pool.. perfect combination of relaxation for sure!! I left Vero this morning just beating the severe thunderstorms and tornado watches headed back to NYC to the 20's... Glad to be home, but sure am missing the sun, sand and warmth!!

Just finished catching up on the 15ish pages I missed while gone. I brought my laptop, but didn't check in once!

Now I'm counting down to my DH official retirement date of July 1, 2014 and the the BIG move to Dallas the beginning of September!!! Then it's off for retirement fun at BLT just because/YC cl for F&W festival/AKL cl to wind down. The best part is DH is excited about this trip!! I think I did a great job selling him on Disney on his first trip to the world last September!!

~N

You did do a great job of selling your DH last year!:woohoo: Sounds like a lot of fun coming up!!:cool1:

We are official! End of August WhOO HOO!:jumping1:
Can anyone confirm if a daybed is an important request or do most standard rooms come with one? My two boys will not and should not sleep together. No one will get any sleep if we attempt that debacle. My top requests for a room at YC is close to BC/stormalong bay, upper floor and of course that daybed. I believe a roll away would fit but does anyone have any recommendations for the room requests I have priority wise?

Yeah!! Congrats!!!:cool1: I think you should make daybed your top request. :) My boys don't do well sleeping (or not at all sleeping) in the same bed either.:eek:

My sister and a friend are going to WDW at the same time as us, we'll overlap for three full days, and we are making plans together for Cape May and lots of Flower and Garden fun. She is also willing to try dinner at La Hacienda, a first time for all of us. :)

Has anyone been to the Atlantic Dance Hall or to Jellyrolls? We have never been to either of these places in spite of staying at an Epcot resort more than ten times (I've lost count) and don't know much about them. Can anyone fill me in about these places?

Haven't been to ADH or JellyRolls but totally fell in love with La Hacienda last fall. We added it last minute after looking at all of Dee's pics and it was our favorite meal. Great views too!:woohoo:

Yeah! You will love BC! :thumbsup2 Adding to what Mousemommy and Wood said, we never had any issue with the buses last year. We loved being able to boat to HS and walk to Epcot.

I would think "close to elevators/lobby would be a good request for you but will defer to the BC experts to chime in.:cool1::cool1:

I received a text message from a fellow CM while I was away visiting Jeanne and they told me that guests can no longer use the shower and locker facilities in the health club. They are only for use of people getting spa treatments.

I will get further information when I get to work on Sunday. But I assume that means people can't use it for SAB.

I received a text message from a fellow CM while I was away visiting Jeanne and they told me that guests can no longer use the shower and locker facilities in the health club. They are only for use of people getting spa treatments.

I will get further information when I get to work on Sunday. But I assume that means people can't use it for SAB.

Oh!! I feel a disgruntled guest alert :sad: management may need to step in and :listen:

Newbie here...

I looked at FAQ section and did not see this but - do I need to bring a sand bucket and shovel for kids for SAB complex? I see a beach area and was wondering if there are sand toys laying around or I have to pack some.

TIA, Helen

Dancing Queen said:
Newbie here...

I looked at FAQ section and did not see this but - do I need to bring a sand bucket and shovel for kids for SAB complex? I see a beach area and was wondering if there are sand toys laying around or I have to pack some.

TIA, Helen

The kids meals at Hurricane Hanna's come in bucket with shovels and sometimes there are extras lying around.

Here's another shot of the balconies at BCV's I made in 2013. First floor=patio. Second floor=large balcony all the way across. We were on the third floor. No balcony in bedrooms but a larger one in living room. And fourth floor=three small balconies each.

And guess what. This layout is not the same throughout. We were on the road side this year (Rm 352) and there different layouts on the other floors.

I doubt if the architect that designed this place had any idea how much trouble he/she was going to cause us…..

What did you mean that the layout is not the same through out? Would you mind explaining...just curious :flower3:

Hi everyone :wave2:

Have dates been released for the BC club level lounge renovation?

Thanks much

We moved our vacation! We now are staying at the YC from June 1-8 instead of August 17-24. :cool1: My ticker is about to drop by half!!! So excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter