(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi fellow GF lovers,

Just checking in and hoping everyone is stay safe in this crazy time.

The only trip I have planned is an imaginary fantasy trip for our 50th (mine & the MK)

:wave2:Hi
@grannyminnie @mickeynut1 @blueskies23 @Maxie86
Hey there! Glad you are keeping well. Right now, a Disney trip seems like a fantasy to me, even tho I do have a trip in the works for summer. It helps to keep us thinking of something else, doesn't it?:goodvibes

Hi ahcupcake, grannyminnie, mickeynut1:wave2:

We cancelled our early May RPC/YC split. We have RPC booked in October for our anniversary. Planning on another GF/YC split, but so far only have GF booked. Will wait to see when the parks will open before making any more plans.

Sorry everyone who had to cancel your trips.

We cancelled our early May RPC/YC split. We have RPC booked in October for our anniversary. Planning on another GF/YC split, but so far only have GF booked. Will wait to see when the parks will open before making any more plans.

When in October? I have a rpc/SL split 10/8-12.

Would be nice to see you again.

Hi Maxie! I had to cancel a May trip too and as a backup, booked a mid-June trip (before things really started ramping up) but doubting now it will happen. Like many others, I'm debating on when to book next, and also waiting to see the next wave of AP discounts as that will help my decision.
Looks like fall will be "safe". RPC is a GREAT place to celebrate an anniversary!!:love:[/QUOTE]

Good Morning All

I hope everyone is staying safe during this craziness. Unfortunately my DS was tested positive last Wednesday for the Corona virus and thank goodness is doing so much better now. This virus is cruel so please stay safe!!!!

My DH and I have an early June trip planned for our anniversary, but I am really not thinking its going to be a good idea. I think if Disney opens in June it's going to take awhile for things to get going. I kind of hope that WDW cancels it before I do and I can get the offer for another trip during the year.

I do I have an October trip planned with the kids, that I have no discount for so that would be awesome. I just booked all my ADR's yesterday morning. It was so nice to have something fun to do on this computer....lol

Stay safe my friends!!!

Good Morning All

I hope everyone is staying safe during this craziness. Unfortunately my DS was tested positive last Wednesday for the Corona virus and thank goodness is doing so much better now. This virus is cruel so please stay safe!!!!

My DH and I have an early June trip planned for our anniversary, but I am really not thinking its going to be a good idea. I think if Disney opens in June it's going to take awhile for things to get going. I kind of hope that WDW cancels it before I do and I can get the offer for another trip during the year.

I do I have an October trip planned with the kids, that I have no discount for so that would be awesome. I just booked all my ADR's yesterday morning. It was so nice to have something fun to do on this computer....lol

Stay safe my friends!!!
Hi Wishes. I was just thinking about you and wondering if you guys were ok up there. I'm glad your DS is better, and hope the rest of you stay well.
I understand your hesitancy about the June trip. I'm feeling the same.
Take care. :daisy:

Hi Maxie :wave2:

A GF/YC split is the best of both worlds! I stayed YC CL for the first time last year and it was amazing! Hope everything works out for your trip :wizard:.

I had to cancel a May trip too and as a backup, booked a mid-June trip (before things really started ramping up) but doubting now it will happen. Like many others, I'm debating on when to book next, and also waiting to see the next wave of AP discounts as that will help my decision.

I'm considering a mid June trip but like you, I'm not sure it will happen. Contemplating getting airfare as the fares are great for that time, but haven't done anything yet. Add me to the list of those waiting for the next round of AP discounts. Thinking about a quick August trip for my birthday, so a good discount would be great :goodvibes.

Good Morning All

I'm sorry your son contracted the virus, but I'm glad he's doing better! Hope he continues to feel better :flower3:.

:wave: Mickeynut1 and GrannieMinnie

Thanks for the kind words. I hope you girls are staying well! Its so nice to be back visiting my favorite thread.

I still have to book a couple more ADR's for October but so far so good. I am so excited I got California Grill for 8pm!!!

When in October? I have a rpc/SL split 10/8-12.

Would be nice to see you again.
Right now I only have Oct 14th and 15th booked, our anniversary is on the 15th. I booked a long time ago because those dates in October are hard to get and that was all I am willing to pay rack rate for. I am waiting for discounts to come out before adding more days. Hopefully our dates will overlap and everything will be open again. It would be great to see you again.

Hi Maxie! I had to cancel a May trip too and as a backup, booked a mid-June trip (before things really started ramping up) but doubting now it will happen. Like many others, I'm debating on when to book next, and also waiting to see the next wave of AP discounts as that will help my decision.
Looks like fall will be "safe". RPC is a GREAT place to celebrate an anniversary!!:love:

I really wanted RPC for our anniversary and be there on the actual date..it's a big one! I will pay rack for 2 nights if I have to but am hoping for a discount and will add more days. Sorry you had to cancel a trip too. Hope we can all be back in our happy place soon.

[/QUOTE]
Good Morning All

Stay safe my friends!!!

Hi Wishes, :wave2: So sorry to hear about your son, glad he is doing better, and hope he continues to improve. It certainly is crazy times we are in. Unfortunately I don't see the parks being open in the beginning of June, hope October is a go and with a good discount. :wizard:

Hi Maxie :wave2:

A GF/YC split is the best of both worlds! I stayed YC CL for the first time last year and it was amazing! Hope everything works out for your trip :wizard:.

Thanks.:goodvibes Glad you had a good experience at the YC. We really love love it there and have doing a GF/YC split for the last few years. We find it's easier to change resorts than deal with transportation. Hope everything works out for June but if not hope August works out for a birthday trip. :wizard:

Stay safe everyone.

:wave: Mickeynut1 and GrannieMinnie

Thanks for the kind words. I hope you girls are staying well! Its so nice to be back visiting my favorite thread.

I still have to book a couple more ADR's for October but so far so good. I am so excited I got California Grill for 8pm!!!

We are staying well, thanks! Hope everyone in your family is as well :).

Congrats on getting CG! Good luck with your other ADRs :wizard:.

Thanks.:goodvibes Glad you had a good experience at the YC. We really love love it there and have doing a GF/YC split for the last few years. We find it's easier to change resorts than deal with transportation. Hope everything works out for June but if not hope August works out for a birthday trip. :wizard:

You're welcome! I went into my YC stay with expectations of liking it, but I didn't expect to like it as much as I did...lol. I can see changing resorts being easier than dealing with transportation. Taking a little time to move is worth it to save on transportation to/from parks :).

Thanks about August. I'm looking into dates, but since the current AP discount only goes through 7/9, I'll probably hold off booking anything until AP rates are extended. My AP expires in June, but depending on when Disney does open back up, I might be able to go in August before I renew :goodvibes.

Good Morning All

Stay safe my friends!!!
Oh no.
Glad your DS is doing better but prayers for a speedy recovery

Who knows lol!

I have certain dates I know family can do and other times I just book random.

If Wdw doesn’t open before 7/1 I may do Oct and a weekend in December. Dd and I loved the mnsshpmvmcp weekends last year!

You?
Have 2 trips booked. With daughter early Aug, but who knows if things will be ok by then. I also have a late Nov/Dec trip booked with friends.

Good Morning All

Stay safe my friends!!!
Oh no. Sending good wishes to get well to your son. I pray that you and your family stay well and safe

Glad that you have a chance to go in October with all of your family. Enjoy every moment with them!

Hello to all my dear GFers! I hope the Easter Bunny was very good to you.

There is less and less I can do from home when it comes to work. So, I've been cooking, baking and gardening. Yes, it has been a bit of bliss. One recipe that has been produced in the Follow kitchen is a certain Strawberry Soup! Put on some Disney music, close your eyes, sip some soup and imagine you are sitting in the RPC lounge. It almost works! :cloud9:🍓 Almost!

Now, any suggestions for my next GF dining extravaganza?!

Hello to all my dear GFers! I hope the Easter Bunny was very good to you.

There is less and less I can do from home when it comes to work. So, I've been cooking, baking and gardening. Yes, it has been a bit of bliss. One recipe that has been produced in the Follow kitchen is a certain Strawberry Soup! Put on some Disney music, close your eyes, sip some soup and imagine you are sitting in the RPC lounge. It almost works! :cloud9:🍓 Almost!

Now, any suggestions for my next GF dining extravaganza?!
Sticky buns?
Scones with Devonshire cream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter