(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Okay, kimmar, I’m officially homesick! Thank you for your lovely photos. You have captured our favourite spots at the best time of the year! I think I’ll just line up for some festive goodies at the Gingerbread House before wandering off to dine. *sigh* :cloud9:

While i love having my glass of wine while the orchestra or piansts play, my favorite time in the lounge is early mornings. I am a morning person, so while my DH is often still sleeping, I slip down there right before 7 AM, grab some coffee, and then sit by the window. I love watching Bay Lake and all the folks coming down for breakfast as the resort wakes up.

I love early mornings in the lounge before the rush of people! It's so calm and peaceful sitting and looking out over the grounds watching the resort "wake up" :cloud9:.

I'm hoping that someone would please help with a question, as I'm completely unsure of how "room only" works. We had our trip planned twice for this year, and twice I've had to cancel. So we decided we are going to go in June 2021. I keep seeing alot about how hard it is getting room reservations for 2021, so I'm now thinking maybe I should, since I know we want a lagoon view at GF.
So my question is, if I book a room only now, how does that work when packages come out in June this year for 2021. Is it easy to convert a room only reservation to a package? And if I do convert it to a package later, and then discounts come out, does it work the same and I just call to see if it can be applied ? I don't know if I'm being too overly cautious here by doing this, or if I should just wait.... what would you all do ? :)

All this talk about dates already filling up for 2021 when packages aren't even out is making me nervous. We'd really like to plan a late Oct/early Nov trip for next year but are still deciding if we want to spend the entire trip at GF, do a split stay w/ Poly, and/or add on a short cruise while we're there. I'm starting to feel the pressure to figure it out which seems crazy given how far away our timeline is. I understand that next year will probably be busier than most due to the 50th anniversary celebration, but is it really going to be so busy that I need to get moving on a reservation in order to get the room type/hotel that I want?

Okay, kimmar, I’m officially homesick! Thank you for your lovely photos. You have captured our favourite spots at the best time of the year! I think I’ll just line up for some festive goodies at the Gingerbread House before wandering off to dine. *sigh* :cloud9:
.....:scratchin or, you could DINE on those goodies! :thumbsup2

All this talk about dates already filling up for 2021 when packages aren't even out is making me nervous. We'd really like to plan a late Oct/early Nov trip for next year but are still deciding if we want to spend the entire trip at GF, do a split stay w/ Poly, and/or add on a short cruise while we're there. I'm starting to feel the pressure to figure it out which seems crazy given how far away our timeline is. I understand that next year will probably be busier than most due to the 50th anniversary celebration, but is it really going to be so busy that I need to get moving on a reservation in order to get the room type/hotel that I want?

Is possible to book 2021 yet? As far as I can see only for January 2021. My 30th anniversary is in June, we spent our honeymoon in Disney World and I really have my heart set to be there June 2021.

I'm hoping that someone would please help with a question, as I'm completely unsure of how "room only" works. We had our trip planned twice for this year, and twice I've had to cancel. So we decided we are going to go in June 2021. I keep seeing alot about how hard it is getting room reservations for 2021, so I'm now thinking maybe I should, since I know we want a lagoon view at GF.
So my question is, if I book a room only now, how does that work when packages come out in June this year for 2021. Is it easy to convert a room only reservation to a package? And if I do convert it to a package later, and then discounts come out, does it work the same and I just call to see if it can be applied ? I don't know if I'm being too overly cautious here by doing this, or if I should just wait.... what would you all do ?

You can book RO 499 days out, but you have to call to do it. New rates have been released in June the last few years, but with all the chaos right now, they could be delayed (just a guess on my part). If you book RO now and change to a package later, the RO will have to be cancelled/refunded and a package booked, requiring a new deposit of $200. With that said, there is something called a "basic package" (I think that's what it's called) where you initially book just the room, but can easily add tickets and/or DDP later without having to cancel/re-book. The deposit is only $200 vs 1 night room rate. If you decide not add tickets/DDP, the reservation remains RO, but follows package rules, which means the balance is due 30 days prior to arrival vs at check in for RO (hope that makes sense).

I personally don't think you'd have a problem getting your preferred resort/room type if you waited until 2021 rates come out, but if it would put your mind at ease knowing you got exactly what you wanted, there's nothing wrong in booking sooner rather than later.

As I stated above, I don't usually think it's a big deal to wait until the new rates come out, but being you are looking at Oct/Nov, it might not be a bad idea to think about booking now. There's not really a "slow" time at Disney anymore, but Oct has become one of the more busier times of the year. If there is a specific resort/room type you want, I'd look into making a decision and book.

Is possible to book 2021 yet? As far as I can see only for January 2021. My 30th anniversary is in June, we spent our honeymoon in Disney World and I really have my heart set to be there June 2021.

You can book RO 499 days out, but packages and booking on line won't be available until the 2021 rates come out.

Hi Wishes! I've tried to book online for 2021 and it's not open yet, but people seem to be booking by phone left and right!
You and your family well and good up there?

:wave:Hi Grannyminnie - All is good here, my DS and I had Covid 19 but we're all good now and he's back to work (NYPD). I have a trip the first week of June and the second week in October booked but I really don't see us going in June. I don't think their going to have much open and I just think its a bit too early for us. Fingers crossed for October. Thanks for your help, I hope you and your family are all good!

You can book RO 499 days out, but you have to call to do it. New rates have been released in June the last few years, but with all the chaos right now, they could be delayed (just a guess on my part). If you book RO now and change to a package later, the RO will have to be cancelled/refunded and a package booked, requiring a new deposit of $200. With that said, there is something called a "basic package" (I think that's what it's called) where you initially book just the room, but can easily add tickets and/or DDP later without having to cancel/re-book. The deposit is only $200 vs 1 night room rate. If you decide not add tickets/DDP, the reservation remains RO, but follows package rules, which means the balance is due 30 days prior to arrival vs at check in for RO (hope that makes sense).

I personally don't think you'd have a problem getting your preferred resort/room type if you waited until 2021 rates come out, but if it would put your mind at ease knowing you got exactly what you wanted, there's nothing wrong in booking sooner rather than later.

As I stated above, I don't usually think it's a big deal to wait until the new rates come out, but being you are looking at Oct/Nov, it might not be a bad idea to think about booking now. There's not really a "slow" time at Disney anymore, but Oct has become one of the more busier times of the year. If there is a specific resort/room type you want, I'd look into making a decision and book.

You can book RO 499 days out, but packages and booking on line won't be available until the 2021 rates come out.

Thanks for all the info. I think I am going to cancel my June trip from what I am seeing the game plan is for Phase 1. Maybe I'll book next June while I am on the phone. I am not worried, but I will be beyond upset if I can't go next June. Right now fingers crossed for October.

You know as I look through your pix I keep thinking I am in there somewhere :laughing:

Sure miss it!

HEY PEOPLE! A friend called wdw today and the CM said opening in June. :banana: :confused3 :scratchin

I have one June booked but would to be there 1st day reopening . It would be quiet!!!!

I have a reservation for early June as well, I don't love the plan for phase 1 but I totally get it. Honestly I was holding onto the reservation hoping I was going to offered free dining if they extended the closure. Good luck to you with your trip.

You know as I look through your pix I keep thinking I am in there somewhere :laughing:

Sure miss it!

HEY PEOPLE! A friend called wdw today and the CM said opening in June. :banana: :confused3 :scratchin

I have one June booked but would to be there 1st day reopening . It would be quiet!!!!

Hope that’s true, and hope to see you at GF at some point!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter