(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
DGD is requesting GF over WL for our trip this summer. With the AP rates the cost of a bunk bed room at WL and a Outer Bldg Garden at GF is pretty much even (GF is actually less).
But, we had a bunk bed room at WL so that each of us could have a separate bed, me on bottom bunk, DGD on top and DH in queen.
How common are day beds at GF? Do all rooms have them?
That would be a deal breaker if there are rooms without. We can't do 2 queens.

Last edited:
DGD is requesting GF over WL for our trip this summer. With the AP rates the cost of a bunk bed room at WL and a Outer Bldg Garden at GF is pretty much even.
But, we had a bunk bed room at WL so that each of us could have a separate bed, me on bottom bunk, DGD on top and DH in queen.

All rooms have daybeds or sleeper sofas in some deluxe main building rooms. There are two smaller king bed rooms in the main building without. Also, rollaways are available.

If you are booking anything outer building you will have a 3rd sleeping surface.

DGD is requesting GF over WL for our trip this summer. With the AP rates the cost of a bunk bed room at WL and a Outer Bldg Garden at GF is pretty much even.

Some of the Outer Bldg Garden View rooms have 2 Queens only. Now the Outer Bldg Deluxe Garden View rooms all have 2 Queens and a day bed.

All rooms have daybeds or sleeper sofas in some deluxe main building rooms. There are two smaller king bed rooms in the main building without. Also, rollaways are available.

If you are booking anything outer building you will have a 3rd sleeping surface.
Some of the Outer Bldg Garden View rooms have 2 Queens only. Now the Outer Bldg Deluxe Garden View rooms all have 2 Queens and a day bed.

Thanks, good point about the rollaway. That is always an option if we don't get a day bed or sleeper.
I'll put a note in our room request too.

While I know CM’s can be wrong, we were assured that all outer had daybeds. We booked for a large group and had 28 rooms scattered about and all did indeed have daybeds, including a number of the dormer rooms.

Last edited:
While I know CM’s can be wrong, we were assured that all outer had daybeds. We booked for a large group and had 28 rooms scattered about and all did indeed have daybeds.

I just know that we've had 2 different Outer Bldg Garden View rooms without a daybed.

I’ve always wanted to stay at GF but it has never worked out. My sister and I had planned an afternoon at Epcot Sunday, and on a whim I checked Disney to see what rooms were available.
Got GF at a good passholder rate! So we will be at grand Floridian for two nights this weekend! I’m so excited!!

We are going to take our chances and hope for a daybed and get a rollaway if there doesn't happen to be one in our room.
I'm going to have Daybed/3rd sleeping surface as our ONLY room request. Though I'd LOVE to have a King room most of all. Bet there aren't many of those. Can't hurt to ask I guess
Now to figure out what building. Or decide to upgrade to a TPV. It's less than $100/night to upgrade......

I’ve always wanted to stay at GF but it has never worked out. My sister and I had planned an afternoon at Epcot Sunday, and on a whim I checked Disney to see what rooms were available.
Got GF at a good passholder rate! So we will be at grand Floridian for two nights this weekend! I’m so excited!!

Congrats on snagging a discount! The GF is a beautiful resort, you're going to love it! Have a great time :goodvibes.

We are new to the Grand Floridian and am trying to figure out transportation. How early does the monorail start heading to MK? We have an early early breakfast at 8:15. Will they be running in time?

Well kids, we just checked in and got a visit from the upgrade fairy!!!!!
Our outer building standard view became a club level at the main building with theme park view. I can barely type I am so excited.
I’m in my room looking at a CASTLE
Oh my goodness!!!!!! Congratulations!!!! Please post pictures including the food! Hope you and your family enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter