(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well kids, we just checked in and got a visit from the upgrade fairy!!!!!
Our outer building standard view became a club level at the main building with theme park view. I can barely type I am so excited.
I’m in my room looking at a CASTLE

Congratulations! That is so exciting! Please post some pictures when you can.

Our outer building standard view became a club level at the main building with theme park view. I can barely type I am so excited.
Ahh!!!! That is awesome!! GF upgraded us last year from Garden View to Lake View. It was the highlight of our trip to have such a beautiful view. Post pics!

That's awesome!! How did you get the upgrade?

We are going to take our chances and hope for a daybed and get a rollaway if there doesn't happen to be one in our room.
I'm going to have Daybed/3rd sleeping surface as our ONLY room request. Though I'd LOVE to have a King room most of all. Bet there aren't many of those. Can't hurt to ask I guess
Now to figure out what building. Or decide to upgrade to a TPV. It's less than $100/night to upgrade......
The lv is not much more and many have a peek of the castle for less price.

I have always had a day Ed even with my dormer rooms. If any are missing they would have to be few.

Also not sure if Dansdad means before or after last room remodel. Prior to remodel there were many rooms without daybeds. Now I thought all or most do.

For your situation I would go to the lobby and check in and ask for what you want, they can look through inventory to find you best option.

We are new to the Grand Floridian and am trying to figure out transportation. How early does the monorail start heading to MK? We have an early early breakfast at 8:15. Will they be running in time?

The monorail should be running early enough, but I don't know what the actual time is that it starts. Hopefully others know and will post. Hope you have a great trip and enjoy the GF :flower3:.

Ready to be done with school so we can head there! Thank you to all who shared the pictures! Makes me even more excited!!!

You'll be heading there before you know it! Have a great trip :wizard:.

What an awesome upgrade! Have a great time and enjoy RPC :goodvibes.

Reactions: TJA
So I’m watching people’s GF video’s on YouTube and I’m actually tearing up!!! I cannot wait to get back!!!!! I love this place :cloud9:

It's just such an amazing place!! We stayed there in both November and again in April, and we rarely stay at the same resort 2x in a row. It's just so hard to NOT stay there especially at any holiday. Next up for us is Poly and YC and we're hoping to plan a MNSSHP trip at CR, then we're thinking next Christmas season back at the GF! So glad my kids still love Disney because I'd be so sad to not plan these trips anymore!

It's just such an amazing place!! We stayed there in both November and again in April, and we rarely stay at the same resort 2x in a row. It's just so hard to NOT stay there especially at any holiday. Next up for us is Poly and YC and we're hoping to plan a MNSSHP trip at CR, then we're thinking next Christmas season back at the GF! So glad my kids still love Disney because I'd be so sad to not plan these trips anymore!

Sounds great!!!!! So much to look forward to this year for you guys!!! Hope you enjoy each one!!!
I love changing things up too, but we miss GF so much, we’ll be there twice this year!!! If it were up to DH, he wouldn’t stay anywhere else!!

EEEK! Got a call from Disney Guest Services that the YC is having some room inventory issues during our dates (5/19-5/24) so they are moving us on over to the Grand Floridian! We were doing CL at the YC so they have moved us to Sugarloaf. I am excited and a little at a loss since I have not stayed at a monorail resort since my very first trip at the Contemporary when I was 5 years old. Guess I'll be spending the next 12 days learning all about the GF!

EEEK! Got a call from Disney Guest Services that the YC is having some room inventory issues during our dates (5/19-5/24) so they are moving us on over to the Grand Floridian! We were doing CL at the YC so they have moved us to Sugarloaf. I am excited and a little at a loss since I have not stayed at a monorail resort since my very first trip at the Contemporary when I was 5 years old. Guess I'll be spending the next 12 days learning all about the GF!
That's happened to a lot of folks.
Guess some convention really dropped the ball on the number of rooms they needed
Funny thing is, with AP rates at least, GF is the cheapest Deluxe for that period so it's ironic that they also ended up moving so many folks there when the BC/YC oversold itself.
Hope everyone that gets moved is happy with their move. So far it seems they are. I know some are really married to that pool at BC/YC and GF isn't going to be the same though.
Haven't seem a complaint as of yet though

That's happened to a lot of folks.
Guess some convention really dropped the ball on the number of rooms they needed
Funny thing is, with AP rates at least, GF is the cheapest Deluxe for that period so it's ironic that they also ended up moving so many folks there when the BC/YC oversold itself.
Hope everyone that gets moved is happy with their move. So far it seems they are. I know some are really married to that pool at BC/YC and GF isn't going to be the same though.
Haven't seem a complaint as of yet though

When we booked, our room at YC was still about $150 cheaper over the length of the stay than it would have been at GF Sugarloaf but that is only because we booked a Standard View at YC. So this will still be a bit of an upgrade for us money-wise. But I was surprised at the time at the relatively small difference in price between YC and GF for our dates.

I get mistakes happen etc, but I find it so odd when the move people after they have booked. Do most people go along with this? Stay at a hotel they did not intend on staying? I don't know if I could, unless it was a mind blowing deal, I don't want Disney dictating where I stay and spend my $.

I get mistakes happen etc, but I find it so odd when the move people after they have booked. Do most people go along with this? Stay at a hotel they did not intend on staying? I don't know if I could, unless it was a mind blowing deal, I don't want Disney dictating where I stay and spend my $.

We have DVC and go to WDW a lot and trying all the different resorts is part of the fun for us. Plus because we go more often, our plans are often fairly loose and we don't get too worked up about missing out on some things from trip to trip. So because of that, it is not too big of a deal for us to be at a different resort for this trip. I am going to take a look at our plans tonight and see what I need to adjust but it won't be too much. The biggest inconvenience will be that we are attending a DVC Moonlight Magic event at Epcot during our stay and being able to walk back to our resort at the end of the night was going to be a nice touch.

Having said all that, if this were my first trip or once every few years trip or a trip where I was traveling with a larger group spread over multiple rooms (which we do sometimes) I'd be pretty annoyed at being moved this late in the game and having to adjust my plans. So I guess it probably depends?

It would depend upon where and what they swapped me for. Going from GFSL to a SVYC would be a big nope for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter