(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are in for a treat staying at GF over the holidays...the resort..and particularly the lobby are spectacular in its Christmas finery! I'd say..later in the day..after the hustle bustle dies down..enjoy the tree..the gingerbread house..the music and photopass opportunity :thumbsup2..With the DDP..I'd say don't miss all of the great GF dining opportunities..Narcoosees, Citricos and GF Cafe too..they offer a nice breakfast...lunch too IMO...

Thank you for this. I have been working on our meal plan, and have 1900PF (breakfast and dinner - we have small children, one of whom will be making their first trip) and GF Cafe. Narcoosees was awesome when we went last time (we stayed at WL then) but not sure the kids will get on with it.

I am looking forward to the gingerbread!

We do also have memory maker, is that good?

I just did online check in last week and had the same issues. I had to call and a very nice CM put in my requests for buildings. Evidently they have lots of things wrong on the check in pages. Some of my choices included "near paddock" which is evidently at Saratoga Springs. Just give them a call and they can help.

There have been postings around the boards about that "new" near paddock choice when doing online check in..talk about a computer glitch...:o

Hello to my dear GFers. It has been a long couple of weeks following foot surgery for DM. She is fine and my cooking and housework skills have been tested! The good news is that next week we are planning to make a GF booking for May 2018. Nothing like the fun and anticipation of a long lead time! I giggle each time I think of it! RPC here we come!

They were still at their posts in January. I couldn't agree more about this group of CMs and I'm sure they would love to receive a gift from you.

Hey there follow :goodvibes Nice to see you! Congrats on the 2018 plans! (I look forward as always to your beautiful pics) Nothing like having some Grand ones to look forward too....Glad your DM is doing well after her surgery....sounds like maybe after all you have been doing 2 vacays might be in order! :thumbsup2 Disney logic at work there....:littleangel:..

Quick shout out... grannyminnie are you getting into trip mode??

Drunk Jam You are very welcome! :goodvibes 1900 PF is a super fun character meal...both breakfast and dinner...but I do think that there are lots more antics at dinner time....I'm sure you and the kids will enjoy...Memory maker is a great way to capture the Disney memories! There are photo pass photographers EVERYWHERE...! Even in the GF lobby once the Christmas tree goes up....its a great photo op...::yes:: ..I would also recommend looking up where the photo pass photogs are in your MDE...and don't forget to ask for some magic shots..you will be happily surprised when you see your pics! :wizard:

Hoope that all of my fellow GF fans are having a terrific Thrusday! princess:

One of the great things about the GF which I didn't even notice until my daughter pointed it out is the fragrance of the lobby. When you walk in, there is a subtle fragrance that has notes of floral that just puts a smile on my face. They seem to pump it in with the air conditioning system. Most perfumes bother me, but this fragrance is not as strong as perfume but still very noticeable. In the Christmas season they shift to a gingerbread fragrance. Does anybody know what fragrance they use in the lobby? I would love to get some for my house.

There have been postings around the boards about that "new" near paddock choice when doing online check in..talk about a computer glitch...:o
I sure am!! Had to cancel my birthday visit this month....very hard to do and sad about it but hubby sick and no way we could go. I guess I have to defer my first visit for my birthday for yet another year!

Hey there follow :goodvibes Nice to see you! Congrats on the 2018 plans! (I look forward as always to your beautiful pics) Nothing like having some Grand ones to look forward too....Glad your DM is doing well after her surgery....sounds like maybe after all you have been doing 2 vacays might be in order! :thumbsup2 Disney logic at work there....:littleangel:..

Quick shout out... grannyminnie are you getting into trip mode??

Drunk Jam You are very welcome! :goodvibes 1900 PF is a super fun character meal...both breakfast and dinner...but I do think that there are lots more antics at dinner time....I'm sure you and the kids will enjoy...Memory maker is a great way to capture the Disney memories! There are photo pass photographers EVERYWHERE...! Even in the GF lobby once the Christmas tree goes up....its a great photo op...::yes:: ..I would also recommend looking up where the photo pass photogs are in your MDE...and don't forget to ask for some magic shots..you will be happily surprised when you see your pics! :wizard:

Hoope that all of my fellow GF fans are having a terrific Thrusday! princess:

It looks like my wife and I will be staying at the GF in the fall for the first time. We are staying in a Garden View room in one of the outer buildings. We have eaten in the restaurants and walked the grounds, but never stayed here - really looking forward to it. I have read much of the early and late pages in the thread, so I get the gist of the resort but have a few questions:

Do all rooms above the first floor have balconies? Is a request for a higher floor sufficient to be sure that we get a balcony? We like to swim in more quiet pools. Is there a building that we should request to be more near a quiet pool? Will the main pool be quiet, or does it get really busy in the early fall? Finally, we are both runners. Where might we run at the resort?

Great thread, and thanks in advance for the help! :goodvibes

Hello my Grand friends, to say its raining is an understatement today. So I figured no better time to catch up with everyone! I can't believe it, I still can't change my reservation for Art Smith's Homecomin. Everyone on the Touring Plans thread are getting there reservations for BOG and other tough ones, so I am still hopefully....but who would have thought this was going to be my tough one.:sad2:

ETA....Hi Wishes and MommyG!!!:wave2:..Wishes..I would call and have your requests added to your room reservation..

Hello BlueSkies its nice to see you around!!:wave2:

One of the great things about the GF which I didn't even notice until my daughter pointed it out is the fragrance of the lobby. When you walk in, there is a subtle fragrance that has notes of floral that just puts a smile on my face. They seem to pump it in with the air conditioning system. Most perfumes bother me, but this fragrance is not as strong as perfume but still very noticeable. In the Christmas season they shift to a gingerbread fragrance. Does anybody know what fragrance they use in the lobby? I would love to get some for my house.

I have asked and I have purchased the scent. Its made my Scencicles and the scent is Eucalyptus Mint. I purchased a small machine, but it just was strong enough for my home. Obviously theirs is massive, but it was nice in a small room.

I sure am! I had to cancel the birthday visit earlier this month, and that was hard and disappointing to do!

:wave:Hello my friend, When do you leave??? So exciting!!

It looks like my wife and I will be staying at the GF in the fall for the first time. We are staying in a Garden View room in one of the outer buildings. We have eaten in the restaurants and walked the grounds, but never stayed here - really looking forward to it. I have read much of the early and late pages in the thread, so I get the gist of the resort but have a few questions:

Do all rooms above the first floor have balconies? Is a request for a higher floor sufficient to be sure that we get a balcony? We like to swim in more quiet pools. Is there a building that we should request to be more near a quiet pool? Will the main pool be quiet, or does it get really busy in the early fall? Finally, we are both runners. Where might we run at the resort?

Great thread, and thanks in advance for the help! :goodvibes

Hi BuckeyeBama, I am sure the experts will be around soon enough, but in the meantime I can help with the quiet pool question. All the buildings are close to the quiet pool except Sago Key, thats closer to the Marina and Gasparilla's. Boca Chica and Big Pine Key are the closest non-CL buildings, there is also Conch Key a little further back closer to the boat Launch, don't stress out because honestly nothing too far from anything, the hotel is laid out perfectly.

As for balconies, this gets a little tricky the pros will help, but if I am not mistaken the higher the room the balconies are enclosed with solid sides, those rooms are dormer rooms. I had it once and it wasn't my favorite but the dormer rooms have peaked ceilings and that was nice. I believe all rooms have balconies and it shouldn't be a problem, but I am interested in hearing what the pros say too about this. :)

As for running, I go to the gym behind the DVC building. Its a beautiful walk and get to pass the chapel, but lots and lots people run the paths around the pool and the path towards the gym if your not interested into the treadmill.

I hope I helped, we have been the GF over a dozen times and I still love getting all the info the pros post. There always seems to be so much to learn. Enjoy your stay, my DH and I are visiting for the first time in the fall too this year.

Hi again! I'm planning my trip and am wondering if there are rooms where a room with a king bed connects to a room with 2 double beds? Do any of you happen to know? Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know if there are any king beds in the outer building lagoon view category? Booked today & requested king bed & was told there are no king beds in that category. However, I've been told there are no king beds at Poly every time we book there & that's all we have ever slept in there!

Guys, I know I've asked this before in this thread (at least, I think I have), but can anyone tell me about the view and sound (as in music) for watching MK fireworks from in front of Gasparilla's? Has anyone actually watched fireworks from that location? And on that same note, isn't that where the Gone Mad fireworks party was? Is that still a thing?

I know I've probably asked both of these questions at least once or more in this thread, but for some reason I think most of the replies were secondhand reports of what others had heard or read, not firsthand accounts of actually watching the fireworks from that location.

TIA!

GM Everyone!! Quiet morning here, rain stopped finally and I am procrastinating my to do list...lol

Guys, I know I've asked this before in this thread (at least, I think I have), but can anyone tell me about the view and sound (as in music) for watching MK fireworks from in front of Gasparilla's? Has anyone actually watched fireworks from that location? And on that same note, isn't that where the Gone Mad fireworks party was? Is that still a thing?

I know I've probably asked both of these questions at least once or more in this thread, but for some reason I think most of the replies were secondhand reports of what others had heard or read, not firsthand accounts of actually watching the fireworks from that location.

TIA!

Hi GPC1321, we love watching the fireworks from Gasparilla's. The view is incredible with no crowds and the music is piped in, I wish it was a tad louder but the crowd tries to stay quiet with exception of a few adorable babies. There is always plenty of seats, you can grab a snack or cocktail and relax.

I am not sure about the Gone Mad party, but I am sure someone will pop on and answer that. I do believe if it is still going on it was on Wednesdays, to be honest that is the one night I try to stay away its way too bus, loud and crowded on that night with no seats. But it is adorable to see at least once.

Disneystar & LSUmiss As for the King beds asked above...I forgot to quote you. I think they are very difficult to get and rare, once again a GF pro will probably be around soon. That doesn't mean impossible!!!

I actually have a question too.....Is it true you can't book FPs for EMH?

Hope everyone is having a great day, I'll probably pop over later to check everyone out.

I actually have a question too.....Is it true you can't book FPs for EMH?
That is correct, and probably because the FP+ reservation system is not tied to a system that would allow it to confirm that a person trying to book during the EMH window is in fact staying in a qualifying resort. It would create huge problems.

Hi, Wishes! You still going your usual summer time trip? We are due there the first week of May...sis and I. Staying at the WL, but spending all our down time at the GF! :cloud9:

Ladies and Gents...been listening to this all morning at work. What a great video! Thought I would share. It runs just over an hour and it was the drummer's last full gig (Patrick Doyle started the band 29 years ago).

Love it! I remember the time we went for our anniversary dinner at Citricos, and when we came out of dinner, they were playing and it was heavenly! Just beautiful! we sat down on a bench on the second floor and just relaxed with all the beautiful music. We enjoyed it for as much as we could! Can't wait to return.

I just read about the security screening on the Orlando Sentinel post. Please tell me how this is going to "enhance" being at Disney? To me, it's more waiting and longer lines, as if the lines weren't long enough already. Look at trying to get into Epcot off the monorail. It takes a long time to go through security.

From what I am seeing, it looks like it will be better, instead of funneling everyone thru just one point, it will break it up, so less time for each group. In paper sounds great, let see how it actually works.

Hi GPC1321, we love watching the fireworks from Gasparilla's. The view is incredible with no crowds and the music is piped in, I wish it was a tad louder but the crowd tries to stay quiet with exception of a few adorable babies. There is always plenty of seats, you can grab a snack or cocktail and relax.
Hi, WishesQueen! Thank you for the feedback!
When you say you wish it was a tad louder, is it difficult to hear if people are talking? I really want to be able to hear the music well, as that's a big part of what makes the fireworks so great to me.

This spot is ideal since it's free and right there where we'll be. I just hope we can hear as well as we can see! :)

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter