(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it's OK to ask this here....
Traveling this week and staying at GFV. Weather for our MK day looks awful (just gonna bring some ponchos and have fun anyway). The evening is suppose to be very windy. Does the boat and monorail still run in bad weather? What is the best way for us to get back to the resort in case of the bad weather? Planning to take a midday break and then head back in the evening.
WE have been on the boats during windy and rainy conditions. The only time the boat service stops is for an electrical storm or severe chop out on the Lagoon. We have taken the boat during quite heavy rain and the only real problem is if rain is blown in to the railing seats. In times like this, your poncho is your friend. Otherwise, the monorail is your best bet for bad weather travel.

Thanks for your help!!

One more question....
Has anyone ordered pizza from the room service menu?
Given Friday's forecast we think this may be a good option before we head back into the park (hopefully after the rain has stopped).

As other's have posted they will stop the boats if the rain is really coming down.

We were staying last August at WL ~last day spent couple hours at MK left for boat dock a bit earlier than planned because the skies were looking ominous. Didn't leave soon enough but luckily made it to dock under the awning before the skies opened up.

Boats stopped running for 20 minutes while monorail continued to operate.

Luckily we still had plenty of time to get back to WL and get our luggage before heading to airport.

This year I'm sure there will be no repeat since we are staying at GF on the monorail.

Hello, Grand friends!! Long time, no post. :teeth: I have missed you all.

Stopped by today to do a little first page editing and see if it was time to start a new thread. We are at 251 pages, but mickynut1 thinks that rule may not apply to the new format. ?? If anyone knows for sure, please post. :flower3:

Hope you all had a wonderful Holiday Season.

Stopped by today to do a little first page editing and see if it was time to start a new thread. We are at 251 pages, but mickynut1 thinks that rule may not apply to the new format. ?? If anyone knows for sure, please post. :flower3:

There's no page limit any longer. :thumbsup2

:flower:Hello fellow GF fans....It been a bit...truly hate it when life gets int he way of one of my favorite pass times....which is hanging around here! lol....

Hey MommyG :goodvibes I've been wondering the same...Last we were in touch..life was just keeping her super busy...I'll get in touch with her this weel some time...

~ I have a friend who was at the world recently ..and had a very lovely and fun lunch at Skippers Cantina....and said she would def recommend it as a nice place to dine....:thumbsup2 Its always about the food ..isnt it!

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans are having a magical Monday....:earsgirl: preppy GF gal who is happy to have another ticker!

Hi Blue! Please tell k&a&c'smom hello from her fellow GF friends.

Hello, back! Yes, I have been a slug about getting on the DIS lately. We had a very busy 2015, but I should have made a little time for my Grand buddies. :)

Thanks, dansdad!

Does anybody know if the deluxe garden view rooms on the 5th floors have balconies? I was trying to figure out from pictures, and I think that the balcony belongs to the 2 bedroom suite next door, but I'm not sure.

You are absolutely correct..the top floor deluxe rooms in the outer buildings to not have a balcony due to a suite that is situated right next door...but there are 3 other floors with rooms that have balconies..one distinct difference though...on the 2nd floor the balconies are enclosed as they are part of the portico roof line....so if a more open balcony with the pretty railing is a preference than I would suggest that you request 3rd or 4th floor....My personal recommendation would be Boca Chica..and for a few reasons....Its situated close to the boat dock and the courtyard pool..and not a far walk to the main building...and also because the views that it has right across the courtyard..of the pool and main building are just lovely....at any time but particularly with both lit up at night...

Hi Blue! Please tell k&a&c'smom hello from her fellow GF friends.

I did...:goodvibes

We're staying in an outer building this August. They're very nice. Love Boca & Big Pine. With the Canadian $ so bad this year any thoughts of RPC or Sugar Loaf are dashed!

Sue Outer buildings are just grand too :cloud9:....There is so much to see and do on the property during the summer months...glad you were able to reschedule your winter trip!

Sorry been MIA!!!

I tried to read up tho!:blush:

We loved AoA!!:cool1:

We took the boat from MK to GF and visited Summer Lace and showed the girls the beautiful lobby and grounds.:goodvibes

I spent some time with @Circusgirl(Oh it was great to see you two years in a row too!) over the trip and she told me I missed some great GF merch in the 2nd floor store. I checked my shop disney app this morning and many gf items are there, woo hoo!!!!

Iphone cases and pillow look like great GF items to splurge on:cloud9:

Happy Planning you lucky people.

I would suggest PMing me if have any questions in the upcoming months. I have DISNEYLAND nextparty: and then nothing:faint:.

Trish Good to "see" you...Glad that you had such a nice stay at AoA..and thank you for all of the terrific pics! :thumbsup2 How nice that you got to meet up with Circusigrl again....maybe you can make this an annual get together...Disney logic! ;) Looking forward to hearing all about your DL trip! :goodvibes As for the new GF resort specific merchandise being available on the Shop Disney App..all I can say is WooHoo!!:dance3:There are some lovely blue ( I happen to be partial to that color ;)..) GF pillows on there that I def "need"...and now I wont have to being an extra carry bag along to bring them home...

WE have been on the boats during windy and rainy conditions. The only time the boat service stops is for an electrical storm or severe chop out on the Lagoon. We have taken the boat during quite heavy rain and the only real problem is if rain is blown in to the railing seats. In times like this, your poncho is your friend. Otherwise, the monorail is your best bet for bad weather travel.

Thanks follow for that detailed info about the boats....I bet during heavy rain that ride across the lagoon is poncho worthy! :umbrella:

Hey you! :hug: Good to see you! and thanks for the PM :goodvibes....MickeyNut and I were just "talking" about you! I will second what others have said..don't think the 250 page limit applies any longer...Hope things slow down some...and we get to see you around here a bit more...

~More food news...read here on the DIS that Fulton's Crab House in Disney Springs is now offering a Sunday brunch...crab and asparagus eggs benedict..yum!!!

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans are having a terrific Tuesday...princess:

Sorry been MIA!!!

We took the boat from MK to GF and visited Summer Lace and showed the girls the beautiful lobby and grounds.:goodvibes

I spent some time with @Circusgirl(Oh it was great to see you two years in a row too!) over the trip and she told me I missed some great GF merch in the 2nd floor store. I checked my shop disney app this morning and many gf items are there, woo hoo!!!!

I would suggest PMing me if have any questions in the upcoming months. I have DISNEYLAND nextparty: and then nothing:faint:.

Can't wait to see what you think of DL compared to WDW!! I may be in CA in April and can't decide if I want to go or not? I've heard that DL is ridiculously crowded these days!

mousemommy We have never seen bigger kids turned away at the splash pad either...I think that your DD will be fine ....IF..you end up at the GF....lol...know that you and our friend pas have a tendency to change resorts....:rolleyes1 Although she says that she is staying put at the GF...

pas My fellow "grand groupie"....still staying put huh??? lol....I am sure that if you do...you are going to have another Grand vacation! :goodvibes
Much to my DHs dismay, there are no upcoming changes to our trip. I may and I repeat May give him an extra Universal night and take from GF...not sure ;) we are at 4/8 so it would be 5/7....like I said maybe. My TA is at Sugarloaf right now and loving it. I really can't wait to be back...and to prove to DH that GF rocks!!

You and Tom are next right??? GrannieMinnie is there still? I hope she's staying warm!! (And I hope that snowstorm blows out to see for us! :grouphug: I need to decide on ADRs our 180 day mark is fast approaching :)
Oh man!!! My reputation follows me!! :rotfl2:

We are sticking with it!!! The only thing that might change is that I might add Sugarloaf, but GF it is and I'm looking forward to it!!

Thanks for the info on the splash pad as well. :goodvibes:thumbsup2
HAHAHAHA That would be a change that I'd approve of. You know DH and your girls would be happy (even though he's budgeting now ;)

We're staying in an outer building this August. They're very nice. Love Boca & Big Pine. With the Canadian $ so bad this year any thoughts of RPC or Sugar Loaf are dashed!
I contemplated upgrading to RPC (hopeless I know) but I'm too scared to ruin a good thing LOL

Sorry been MIA!!!

Those GF pillows really wanted to come home with me :) Welcome back :hug: Glad you loved AoA

Thanks for your help!!

One more question....
Given Friday's forecast we think this may be a good option before we head back into the park (hopefully after the rain has stopped).
We did room service pizza, and a burger for my DD who didn't want pizza. My kids love room service :) The pizza was pretty decent for Disney pizza.

:hug: Hi friend!!!! We all missed you too!!!!

Thanks for your help!!

One more question....
Not at GF but dd and I did a midnight meal last year. She got eggs and I got a burger. Both were great and they brought a table cloth to the room and set it up nicely :)

Disney pizza is not my fav since we live in NY and have great pizza at home. However we have ordered it at the values before. What we sometimes do is get one or two meals or a salad with it and share(for 4). THere is usually far more food than we can eat ourselves so we make a buffet!

Keep dry! For us the snow is a coming!!!!

I seem to post this same view each trip! My dd wants to shop in Summer Lace ( 1st floor) then we run up stairs to check on Commander Porter's. I pop out on the balcony and look around. This time I took a pic of this area. No one is ever on it during the day. I assume a smoking section for Citricos ????

Anyways, loved visiting our fav resort.

image.jpeg image.png

What do you mean it might be trying to rush a little bit? I've got 14 days before I start thinking about packing!!!!!

Tom

:eek:...:faint:....:eek:....lol....

Not at GF but dd and I did a midnight meal last year. She got eggs and I got a burger. Both were great and they brought a table cloth to the room and set it up nicely :)

Disney pizza is not my fav since we live in NY and have great pizza at home. However we have ordered it at the values before. What we sometimes do is get one or two meals or a salad with it and share(for 4). There is usually far more food than we can eat ourselves so we make a buffet!

Keep dry! For us the snow is a coming!!!!

I think that one of the nicest things about ordering from private dining is the presentation....including table cloth! :thumbsup2 Not had the pizza..but have had chicken soup..pretty good..club sandwiches..also pretty good ...and burgers too....:thumbsup2:thumbsup2....

Snow ...don't even say the word............:scared1:....

Thanks for sharing your lovely pics....makes me want to be sitting out on the balcony right now :cloud9:...(sans the smokers :smokin: of course...lol...)

On a side note regarding Commander Porter's balcony..that can be booked for private events...

pas You are a great wife...to even consider one less day at the GF for a Universal day...I personally think that you have the perfect split stay just the way it is! ;)

And yes..I do believe we and Tom are next...:woohoo:...and grannyminnie is having another magical trip now...:goodvibes

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans are having a wonderful Wednesday!:earsgirl: GF gal who is packed..and repacking :blush:...

pas You are a great wife...to even consider one less day at the GF for a Universal day...I personally think that you have the perfect split stay just the way it is! ;)

ME TOO! Great minds....

:earsgirl: GF gal who is packed..and repacking :blush:...
:hug: Just think, if the white stuff comes our way...once it's all cleared you'll be headed "home" ;)

Hey you! :hug: Good to see you! and thanks for the PM :goodvibes....MickeyNut and I were just "talking" about you! I will second what others have said..don't think the 250 page limit applies any longer...Hope things slow down some...and we get to see you around here a bit more...

~More food news...read here on the DIS that Fulton's Crab House in Disney Springs is now offering a Sunday brunch...crab and asparagus eggs benedict..yum!!!

:wave: Good to see you, too. I hope 2016 is less busy, but even if it is, I will try to pop in more often.

Love your food updates, btw. :teeth:

What do you mean it might be trying to rush a little bit? I've got 14 days before I start thinking about packing!!!!!

Tom

HAHAHA! I see I'm not the only last minute packer here. Enjoy, won't be long now!

:hug: Hi friend!!!! We all missed you too!!!!

:hug: Thanks for the welcome back, one and all.

Good question!

The Tea Menu has changed too so check on that.

Do you mean the tea menu has changed since the last DIS menu update of July, 2015? I noticed the photos are of the previous china, but wasn't sure if the menu is outdated as well. I just checked the WDW website, they seem to have removed all the menus, phooey.

Thanks for the lovely photos! Wish we were there right now. :lovestruc

HAPPY NEW YEAR, k&a&c'smom!!! Fresh thread, or no fresh thread, it's wonderful to see you back and (hopefully) bouncy! While we do our best to amuse ourselves, you have been missed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter