(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what the height limit is off the top of their heads for the Alice in Wonderland splash area? I know our 1 year old would love it, but I am hoping that at least our tiny 9 year old will be able to play with him in there. She is right at 48 inches tall.

I'm guessing our 11 year old would be banned...she is 5'1"...:sad1:

Does anyone know what the height limit is off the top of their heads for the Alice in Wonderland splash area? I know our 1 year old would love it, but I am hoping that at least our tiny 9 year old will be able to play with him in there. She is right at 48 inches tall.

I'm guessing our 11 year old would be banned...she is 5'1"...:sad1:

48".

I have yet to see them make a taller child leave. One trip, our 13 year old decided she wanted to get the mad hatter shower. There were cast members around and no one stopped her. I think if there were a lot of little ones there the story would be different. Besides, how easy is it to tell 49" versus 48"?

Tom

Quick question. I booked a Lagoon view for my Honeymoon in mid December and I was wondering if they provide any views of the castle or are any views of the castle considered TPV? I'm a little fuzzy because I thought I had heard you can get a lagoon view with a side view of the castle. TIA!

Hi GF friends. Not even 1 number on Power Ball ticket last night. Translation, no vacation at all this year. Priced out a trip to Disney for us yesterday in hopes that I would win; over $10,000! Yikes. Not in my future.

For all who are at the GF and have vacation planned, I wish you the best!

Our tickets were a bust as well! Boo!!

Although that $10K dream trip sounded pretty awesome!!

Quick question. I booked a Lagoon view for my Honeymoon in mid December and I was wondering if they provide any views of the castle or are any views of the castle considered TPV? I'm a little fuzzy because I thought I had heard you can get a lagoon view with a side view of the castle. TIA!

I am definitely not an expert on GF (our first stay there is in a couple months!), but before booking my trip I spent hours/days searching and looking for pictures of various room views. In some of my research, I remember seeing pictures of lagoon view rooms with obstructed view of Castle and/or Wishes (thus LV category). Hopefully someone on here who has stayed LV in the past will chime in for you! We are booked in RPC for our very first GF stay and we're so excited! But the view is the one thing that I'm still not overly clear on....in fact, I still need to make my room requests and keep putting it off. Your post has prompted me to finish up my loose ends :)

Hi, everyone.

I was so touched by this video that I had to post it here, knowing that you GF fans would be touched as well.

The video is of a young man, Tommy, who has autism, and Wes, the pianist at the Grand. Tommy is about 22 years old, and also a marathon runner (finished 9th out of 12,000 in one of the marathons at Disney...wow).

It will bring tears to your eyes. This is the Disney magic that we all know and love. I had tears in my eyes, happy tears. And how sweet and precious of the young lady who dances with this young man (she might be a special ed teacher or something along those lines, as she was quite understanding).

These are the cast members and the moments that make our Disney stays so memorable and precious in our hearts.

Thanks for sharing this! I loved it, and I never would have seen it if you hadn't posted it! Wes is awesome, and the Grand is SO special! There is nothing like it!

On a side note, I'm sorry to say that my annual February trip (without kids) was cancelled today (still need to change my ticker) because my 12 year old has a volleyball tournament that weekend AND my husband's family decided to have a family reunion that weekend too! I'm really sad that I will miss out on getting to see Blueskies and Maxie again, but I'm REALLY happy to say that I got an awesome AP discount for early June...only, the kids will be with us. But my life has been so bizarre lately (not in a good way) that I am probably more excited about this trip than ever! So, 2016 is off to a great start for me, and I hope you all find the same to be true for you!

Thanks for sharing this! I loved it, and I never would have seen it if you hadn't posted it! Wes is awesome, and the Grand is SO special! There is nothing like it!

On a side note, I'm sorry to say that my annual February trip (without kids) was cancelled today (still need to change my ticker) because my 12 year old has a volleyball tournament that weekend AND my husband's family decided to have a family reunion that weekend too! I'm really sad that I will miss out on getting to see Blueskies and Maxie again, but I'm REALLY happy to say that I got an awesome AP discount for early June...only, the kids will be with us. But my life has been so bizarre lately (not in a good way) that I am probably more excited about this trip than ever! So, 2016 is off to a great start for me, and I hope you all find the same to be true for you!

Hey @Dispro1!! Happy New Year :wave2:

Sorry about your February trip! Hopefully June will be here in no time...and who knows...maybe you'll get lucky and get a couples only trip in before then!

Also sorry to hear about the bizarre start to your year. Hopefully it's nothing but positive moving forward!!

Hey @Dispro1!! Happy New Year :wave2:

Sorry about your February trip! Hopefully June will be here in no time...and who knows...maybe you'll get lucky and get a couples only trip in before then!

Also sorry to hear about the bizarre start to your year. Hopefully it's nothing but positive moving forward!!
Thanks, Loveshak! The good news is, most of the bad/bizarre stuff was at the end of last year and as of this past week, things have completely turned around...funny how life works out that way sometimes, but I surely do prefer the "peaks" to the "valleys!" BTW, I saw your FB page too! That's quite a challenge, but I'm sure you can do it if you want it badly enough! And there's no better prize for your accomplishments than another trip to GF!

Hi, Grand groupies! I'm back from Jackson Hole (last night), unpacking, washing clothes and packing for Florida tomorrow! :bounce: :banana: (not dancing around because of packing but because I'm going to Disney!!! :goodvibes I'm leaving in the morning early, driving to meet my sister and then we will drive on down to Fla.

Bethclayton, for $200, I'd definitely be happy with BLT! We have never decided to stay at the Contemp, but I'd change my mind fast at that price!! :thumbsup2 How neat to have that mother/son bonding and memory-making time with your 14 yr old!

Dispro, sorry you had to cancel your Feb. trip. :hug: We all feel your pain on here! Good thing is, you have another one in sight that will get here faster than you think! :woohoo:

Hi All. Maybe I have missed something, but where is k's&a&c'smom? I haven't "seen" her in a long time!
I hope she is well, I am sure she's busy with "real" life (that's the worst lol) Disney dreaming is much more fun, especially when it is Grand :)

June will come quickly! DH and I are hoping for December, but we shall see. Hope thinks stay less bizarre for now :hug:

Hi, Grand groupies! I'm back from Jackson Hole (last night), unpacking, washing clothes and packing for Florida tomorrow! :bounce: :banana: (not dancing around because of packing but because I'm going to Disney!!! :goodvibes I'm leaving in the morning early, driving to meet my sister and then we will drive on down to Fla.:woohoo:
Enjoy your trip :hug:

Thanks, Loveshak! The good news is, most of the bad/bizarre stuff was at the end of last year and as of this past week, things have completely turned around...funny how life works out that way sometimes, but I surely do prefer the "peaks" to the "valleys!" BTW, I saw your FB page too! That's quite a challenge, but I'm sure you can do it if you want it badly enough! And there's no better prize for your accomplishments than another trip to GF!

I always believe the Shakespeare quote hold true - "sorrow comes not like single spies but in battalions." Everything sad, weird, and bad seems to happen at once. Glad the New Year is shaping up to a better start!!

Thanks for checking out my FB page. I figure since I can't stick to 1 diet plan much longer than 3 months, I might as well keep myself changing things up to see what works. I'm hoping 2016 is the year!! And yes, another trip to the Grand would make me happy! And maybe I'd get to meet more of my Dis friends. It was fun meeting @trishadono!!

I always believe the Shakespeare quote hold true - "sorrow comes not like single spies but in battalions." Everything sad, weird, and bad seems to happen at once. Glad the New Year is shaping up to a better start!!
@trishadono!!

How true, loveshak, how true.

Dispro, you'll be surprised how quickly the calendar pages turn with another round of planning. Bring on June!

Grannyminnie, safe travels and I hope you have a wonderful stay at the Mouse House!

Hi, Grand groupies! I'm back from Jackson Hole (last night), unpacking, washing clothes and packing for Florida tomorrow! :bounce: :banana: (not dancing around because of packing but because I'm going to Disney!!! :goodvibes I'm leaving in the morning early, driving to meet my sister and then we will drive on down to Fla.

Bethclayton, for $200, I'd definitely be happy with BLT! We have never decided to stay at the Contemp, but I'd change my mind fast at that price!! :thumbsup2 How neat to have that mother/son bonding and memory-making time with your 14 yr old!

Dispro, sorry you had to cancel your Feb. trip. :hug: We all feel your pain on here! Good thing is, you have another one in sight that will get here faster than you think! :woohoo:
I hope you have a fantastic Disney trip!! You should be dancing since you are packing for Disney! It's the unpacking after you return from Disney that's no fun! Canceling any Disney trip is painful, isn't it, but canceling GF hurts even more:( But sometimes we get busy with "real" life (like Pas said)! The good news is that when we are busy, time flies:) I think my DD12's schedule will keep me so busy that my next trip will be here in a flash! She's got volleyball tournaments most weekends from now through mid April! I was at yesterday's tournament for 7 hours, but at least it was only yesterday...so what did I do today?? Called to add another day to my summer trip -LOL:) At least I'm not the only one with a GF addiction, however, because DH is actually the one who made the call! We even passed up a great "magical" deal at the Poly because we HAD to have GF!! So....would everyone on this thread PLEASE post pics if you have a trip between now and Memorial Day weekend! Also, if anyone else will be there that week (May 29-June 4) let me know because a DIS meet would be fun:)

Ok, finally changed my ticker! It was getting depressing looking at that arrival in two weeks and five days! Time to move on:) Now I'm ready for school to be out! I can't wait to hear the band playing!

I am definitely not an expert on GF (our first stay there is in a couple months!), but before booking my trip I spent hours/days searching and looking for pictures of various room views. In some of my research, I remember seeing pictures of lagoon view rooms with obstructed view of Castle and/or Wishes (thus LV category). Hopefully someone on here who has stayed LV in the past will chime in for you! We are booked in RPC for our very first GF stay and we're so excited! But the view is the one thing that I'm still not overly clear on....in fact, I still need to make my room requests and keep putting it off. Your post has prompted me to finish up my loose ends :)
When are you there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter