(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the GF FAQ :flower3:. We've never had a need for connecting rooms, but your chances are probably pretty good to get them (although they are not guaranteed). With that said, since requests can be overlooked, if you happen to not get them, you can always ask if they are available. Whether or not the CM will be able to change your room(s) will depend on how busy the resort is, but he/she will do everything possible to accommodate you. Also, I'd keep checking for a 2 bedroom suite as sometimes availability does change and one might become available prior to your stay ;). Hope you have a great first trip and enjoy the GF :wizard:.

Thank you so much. Appreciate your comments.

:wave2: Hello fellow GF fans!

I know that its been a bit....but I was away for a few days...at the GF!!! :cheer2:

MickeyNut I did some visitng over at your happy Poly place...lots going on...but certainly not looking as awful as I have heard..IMO......think that its going to look terrific when its all done...

Welcome back, glad you had a great time even if it was a quick trip :).

I agree about the Poly. I think it's going to look great when everything is finished. I don't care for the lobby and what it might look like, but I'm sure it will be very nice, along with the grounds and everything else that will be just as beautiful as it's always been :goodvibes.

Thank you so much. Appreciate your comments.

You're welcome :flower3:.

Hey, Blue! Welcome back from your surprise trip.... :wave2:
Glad you were able to enjoy most of the results of the remodel. :thumbsup2 (minus the carpet and change in the lounge seating near the tv)
I also think that wallpaper behind the beds looks like it has Hidden Mickeys in it. :magnify:

Trish, we got to ride the Mine Train at night and prefer that to a daytime ride now. The view of all the lights, plus the feeling that the train was going even faster made it much more fun! :yay:

Hey guys!!!!!

I have booked 2 nights at the GF as a surprise for my 2 daughters and hubby. I am getting ready to do online check in but have never done it before . I booked a deluxe garden view outer building.

I just don't know what building is best. I have never been there. I looked online at pictures and loved the rooms with the sitting area by the window and would love to be by the pool. ( I think)

Can anyone recommend a room? A building? Suggest anything for my online check in? Or have any advice for me about making the most of this surprise??

Thanks so much!

I just put my deposit down for our next trip next September!!! We loved the Grand Floridian SO much, that we're hooked! After being Polynesian loyalists for 8 years, the change to the GF was amazing!
Since this will only be our 2nd stay there, we're not "regulars" (yet). What do you think our chances will be to have the exact same room as last year? Our room was the perfect location in the Main Building for us! Should I have our TA make a special call to request it, or should I wait until I contact IPO in a few months?

I just put my deposit down for our next trip next September!!! We loved the Grand Floridian SO much, that we're hooked! After being Polynesian loyalists for 8 years, the change to the GF was amazing!
Since this will only be our 2nd stay there, we're not "regulars" (yet). What do you think our chances will be to have the exact same room as last year? Our room was the perfect location in the Main Building for us! Should I have our TA make a special call to request it, or should I wait until I contact IPO in a few months?

You could do both. I have been placed in the same room a few times. If not, they have placed me very close

:wave2: Hello fellow GF fans!

As for the lounge....:crazy2: ...not so much....the carpet is awful...and I am not a fan of the reduced seating in the tv area....or the colors that they chose to cover the furniture with.. as previously reported replaced the missing tables and chairs...so there is no longer a shortage at breakfast or really any time...if you would like to sit and have a bite.... And since its always about the food...this is important :thumbsup2..lol......

Welcome back and thank you for the report, BlueSkies!

For our December RPC stay, we will just have to remember to keep our heads held high and ignore the floor! ;)

I just put my deposit down for our next trip next September!!! We loved the Grand Floridian SO much, that we're hooked! After being Polynesian loyalists for 8 years, the change to the GF was amazing! Since this will only be our 2nd stay there, we're not "regulars" (yet). What do you think our chances will be to have the exact same room as last year? Our room was the perfect location in the Main Building for us! Should I have our TA make a special call to request it, or should I wait until I contact IPO in a few months?

I would let the iPo know. They have been outstanding in room selection for me.

Hello from the GF!
Arrived yesterday and must say this is now my fav resort! Sorry Polly!

We have a TPV in Conch Key. Love the room so functional for a family of 5. My only con so far is that it would be nice to get up and get ready in the bathroom within waking everyone up. I wish there was some kind of divide between the sinks and the room. Oh well!

Haven't explored to much as kids are loving the pool.

I am on Instagram... At jlkoptie
Thanks for all the advice!

I would let the iPo know. They have been outstanding in room selection for me.

marlaine8, the IPO staff has has managed to place us in our requested room for our last three trips. However, if they can't give you your exact request, the room will be very similar. They are always willing to help.

Thanks Blue for the mini TR!! Sounds like a fun trip! I liked the new rooms too, but the drawer size was ridiculous, so tiny, and miss the Mickey Lamp, lol. But everything else was nice.
Good to know they added seating, most of the time we didn't have a problem, but some times there was just no place to sit. In August. But love RP! It was a surprise upgrade from SL :worship: we loved sitting in the CL at night listening to the music while sitting at one of the tables looking out at the beautiful grounds.

:wave2: to all the GF peeps! After our Aug GF trip I had my total knee replacement in September. I'm home recovering, it's a long recovery :sad2:
I just hope I'm going to be up to my January trip to visit my mom, then POR, our fav moderate! At the worst I guess I can rent a scooter, and just go on the rides easy to get into.

Have our August trip booked at Poly! Most of the construction should be done by then except for quiet pool. And close enough to get my GF fix! Love Gaspys make your own salad, and my daughter loves the Gaspy burger! And I must go to GF Cafe for the Shrimp & Grits :love: so good!!

Thanks Blue for the mini TR!! Sounds like a fun trip! I liked the new rooms too, but the drawer size was ridiculous, so tiny, and miss the Mickey Lamp, lol. But everything else was nice.
Good to know they added seating, most of the time we didn't have a problem, but some times there was just no place to sit. In August. But love RP! It was a surprise upgrade from SL :worship: we loved sitting in the CL at night listening to the music while sitting at one of the tables looking out at the beautiful grounds.

:wave2: to all the GF peeps! After our Aug GF trip I had my total knee replacement in September. I'm home recovering, it's a long recovery :sad2:
I just hope I'm going to be up to my January trip to visit my mom, then POR, our fav moderate! At the worst I guess I can rent a scooter, and just go on the rides easy to get into.

Have our August trip booked at Poly! Most of the construction should be done by then except for quiet pool. And close enough to get my GF fix! Love Gaspys make your own salad, and my daughter loves the Gaspy burger! And I must go to GF Cafe for the Shrimp & Grits :love: so good!!

Ah...that shrimp and grits! So rich and delicious.....:cloud9: (yes, it's all about the food! :thumbsup2) And, also lovely sitting in the lounge enjoying the music and the view at the same time! :goodvibes

Speedy recovery to you after your surgery:flower3:

I should have looked when we were there, and now I want a GF Logo coffee mug. Is anyone going soon, or there now, that would be willing to buy one for me and ship it to me?

I should have looked when we were there, and now I want a GF Logo coffee mug. Is anyone going soon, or there now, that would be willing to buy one for me and ship it to me?

Hey Kirstenh, I'll be going 11/20 - 11/29 if no one is there now who can grab you one. PM if you'd like. My first stay at GF , so I'm totally looking forward to the awesome experience. Anyway, let me know ;)

~~Gina

Hey Kirstenh, I'll be going 11/20 - 11/29 if no one is there now who can grab you one. PM if you'd like. My first stay at GF , so I'm totally looking forward to the awesome experience. Anyway, let me know ;)

~~Gina

Thank you! Sent you a PM. BTW, you are going to LOVE GF ... I can't imagine staying anywhere else now!!!!

Hello from the GF!
Arrived yesterday and must say this is now my fav resort! Sorry Polly!

We have a TPV in Conch Key. Love the room so functional for a family of 5. My only con so far is that it would be nice to get up and get ready in the bathroom within waking everyone up. I wish there was some kind of divide between the sinks and the room. Oh well!

Haven't explored to much as kids are loving the pool.

I am on Instagram... At jlkoptie
Thanks for all the advice!

Thanks for report! We'll be at the GF with TPV in 17 days and I've requested the Conch Key building. There don't seem to be many pictures from those balconies, would you consider taking a few and posting on here? That would be appreciated! Have a great time!!!:hippie:

Thanks for report! We'll be at the GF with TPV in 17 days and I've requested the Conch Key building. There don't seem to be many pictures from those balconies, would you consider taking a few and posting on here? That would be appreciated! Have a great time!!!:hippie:
Okay, I tried but can't figure it out using the app. Not very good at this which is why I gave my Instagram name

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter