(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
tinkerbelleliz, did you notice if they replaced it with another steak offering? tia

It was replaced with a Ribeye. Citricos was delicious, it just wasn't AS good as some other places we tried. (And we hit almost all of the big ones!). In our opinion,

1. Narcoossee / Artist Point
2. California Grill
3. Jikos
4. Tea Room
5. Citricos
6. Flying Fish
7. Hollywood Brown Derby

We didn't make it to Shulas so it is top of the list next trip.

I miss GF and Disney!

Liz

Thank you! Does anyone here have a building preference when limited to Garden View rooms? I have to select one building and it's so hard to know which building has the best GV rooms.

My fav GV room is Boca Chica, faces pool and inner lawns. Central location.

MickeyNutthanks for your well wishes. Recovery is slow! Going to Physio 2x a week. I just hope I didn't bite off more then I can chew booking a January trip (POR).

Blue yes, last August trip was so amazing filled with lots of pixiedust:pixiedust: we will have to arrange a meet at Poly :goodvibes. Looking forward to seeing what they do with lobby & main pool.

It was replaced with a Ribeye. Citricos was delicious, it just wasn't AS good as some other places we tried. (And we hit almost all of the big ones!). In our opinion,

2. California Grill
3. Jikos
4. Tea Room
5. Citricos
6. Flying Fish
7. Hollywood Brown Derby

I miss GF and Disney!

Liz

Hi Liz:

Our ADR for our trip in February dinner first night at Tony's Town Square (We have a first time adult visitor (soon to be nephew in law) who loves fireworks, so we wanted to be nearby, second night Narcoossees, Third night Artist Point, Last night Shulas!

Tom

Thanks Networth! Talked to GF this morning. Doll was located and they are sending it back :)

Thats great! :thumbsup2

2. California Grill
3. Jikos
4. Tea Room
5. Citricos
6. Flying Fish
7. Hollywood Brown Derby

I miss GF and Disney!

Liz

Add me to the I miss Disney and the GF too! ::yes::

What a wonderful line up of dining Liz..since it is always about the food...how about a little dining review for your GF pals...?? I always enjoy hearing about others experirnces...:goodvibes Particularly at the GF!

My fav GV room is Boca Chica, faces pool and inner lawns. Central location.

Blue yes, last August trip was so amazing filled with lots of pixiedust:pixiedust: we will have to arrange a meet at Poly :goodvibes. Looking forward to seeing what they do with lobby & main pool.

I agree about Boca Chica Sue...such lovely views...:lovestruc... as for August...so looking forward getting to say Hi!! :goodvibes

Hi Liz:

Our ADR for our trip in February dinner first night at Tony's Town Square (We have a first time adult visitor (soon to be nephew in law) who loves fireworks, so we wanted to be nearby, second night Narcoossees, Third night Artist Point, Last night Shulas!

Tom

We have a Tony's Town Square ADR during our upcomin trip...Not something that we usually book...ever...lol...but it was all that was available for one of our MK nites...have you dined here recently Tom... if so ...love to hear what your experience was.... :confused3 Inquiring mind here..... and always enjoy getting opinions from my fellow GF fans....:thumbsup2

Out trip is almost here....:dance3: ..suitcases are out..and packing and repacking is in progress.....lol...as usual....

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans are having a magical Monday...:earsgirl: preppy GF gal who is now thingking about FPP for our January trip....:faint: lol....

Hi Blue: We did dine at TTS back in our October 2012 trip as we were doing MNSSHP and wanted to be in the MK. So we did our MK day, took the boat back to GF and showered and changed into our costumes -- I was one of the 5,000 male pirates that night and my lovely Red Riding Hood was not among the 2,500 ****ty Red Riding Hoods and she wore a tshirt under the costume as she deemed the plunge much to exposing.

We were having dinner with one of my business associates and he and his wife were quite amused by us being in costume. Anyhow, getting back to point. TTS was NOISY, crowded, NOISY but the food was very good. It is defintely more kid friendly Italian than it was adult and not having a glass or two of wine with dinner was a let down. The Shrimp Scampi was fine, not a lot of garlic (but as I said, more youngster friendly), and the Spaghetti and Meatballs very good (yes, she's a big romantic at heart, have to have something from the movie she says). Out guests both had chicken parm and said it was fine. Again, not 4 star italian, but good italian and the portions were generous. Interesting to note, we did go to Tutto Italia a couple of nights later, and while the appetizers were much better and wider selection, and the entrees were more advanced Italian -- NONE of us thought it was that much better than TTS - and the prices were much higher. However, they did have wine, grappa and wonderful espresso.

Tom

We will be checking into GF for our very first time at WDW exactly two weeks from today!!!! :cool1::banana::woohoo:

Of course, the washing machine decided to break this morning when I planned to max out laundry to start packing, but that's why all of us über planners start packing early, right? ... well played washing machine, well played! But we will prevail!

That happened to me last year!

I have started my packing too!

Can't wait to show mom that gingerbread house!

I have 15 days! May see you in the lobby:)

Is there any Grand Floridian logo Apparel available for women and or men like Sweatshirts/Long/Short Sleeve T Shirts?:confused3

THANKS a bunch!:goodvibes:santa:

Is there any Grand Floridian logo Apparel available for women and or men like Sweatshirts/Long/Short Sleeve T Shirts?:confused3

Yes, I remember seeing some things -- very limited from what I remember. I believe there was a windbreaker type of jacket for men, and I rememeber Catherine getting a t shirt, it was not quite logo style but it did have the GF on it.

Tom

Yes, I remember seeing some things -- very limited from what I remember. I believe there was a windbreaker type of jacket for men, and I rememeber Catherine getting a t shirt, it was not quite logo style but it did have the GF on it.

Tom

Perhaps I should call the GF directly and be asked to be transferred to the Gift Shop? Thinking though, will I be routed to some off site operator???:confused3

I will eventually catch up with the thread. That's my goal for these next couple of days :surfweb:. I can't believe how busy we've been since we got back home. Looking for some quiet time to post some thoughts soon.

Summer Lace had some pretty apparel for women. I got a black zip up hoodie with a pink logo. I love it!

With my new job as a middle school language arts teacher, I've been trying to keep up with the boards! I am going to need some advice from you lovely ladies and gentlemen- what is it like there near the end of August? DBF said once my student loans are paid off we can go back to WDW. I'm debt free come Dec 31st so I want to start planning! With my teacher schedule however, I'm limited to the summer. I've only ever been during Jan and Nov. so what should I expect in August?

Thanks for giving me something to enjoy after a long day of 8th graders:)

Liz and Blue, I miss the GF and Disney too (all the time! ;) ) and spend WAY too much time thinking about how to get back!! :goodvibes I'm still miffed that a CM told me there were no more bouncebacks when I couldn't find the brochure in the room! :mad: I knew to call that extension but just forgot it! :sad2:

On a much happier note, I'm headed to California in 10 days and will get to visit DL! :cool1: Might even spend a little time in CA (DH does not share my love of Disney so I have to spend SOME time doing what he wants to do!).

Hello everyone,
After a two year wait our trip is almost here,needless to say we are all so excited !!!!! Our first stay in the villas. I checked in the other day and read there are changes in the menu at citrocos and was wondering if we might be able to change this reservation with only a few days left to narcoossees. I keep checking online no availability of course . Anyone have any hints maybe once we get there if we could get it switched?

Hello everyone, After a two year wait our trip is almost here,needless to say we are all so excited !!!!! Our first stay in the villas. I checked in the other day and read there are changes in the menu at citrocos and was wondering if we might be able to change this reservation with only a few days left to narcoossees. I keep checking online no availability of course . Anyone have any hints maybe once we get there if we could get it switched?

If you don't mind sitting at the bar you could try walking up. We were able to do that in June when we wanted to eat at the last minute

With my new job as a middle school language arts teacher, I've been trying to keep up with the boards! I am going to need some advice from you lovely ladies and gentlemen- what is it like there near the end of August? DBF said once my student loans are paid off we can go back to WDW. I'm debt free come Dec 31st so I want to start planning! With my teacher schedule however, I'm limited to the summer. I've only ever been during Jan and Nov. so what should I expect in August?

Congrats on finally being done with student loans, that is a very enviable accomplishment!

Late August is a great time to go. The summer crowds have usually thinned out significantly by then. The only drawback (for me, anyway) is the heat. It is absolutely sweltering around that time of the year.

Hello everyone,
After a two year wait our trip is almost here,needless to say we are all so excited !!!!! Our first stay in the villas. I checked in the other day and read there are changes in the menu at citrocos and was wondering if we might be able to change this reservation with only a few days left to narcoossees. I keep checking online no availability of course . Anyone have any hints maybe once we get there if we could get it switched?

We always go the first two weeks in August, but last year we did the last two. I really liked the last two weeks much better due to such low crowds. I was concerned about the heat before arriving. We did the parks early morning and evenings, and did pool time in between. It worked out perfect. One of the best vacations we have had. I wish we were doing the las two weeks again next year, but we are arriving on August 3rd and staying for 18 days. Can't wait!

we are staying at the Villas at Grand Floridian this weekend. Is the check in area at the villas lobby and are they there after 9pm? Or do we have to go to the regular building for check in?

We arrive about 9:30pm

Thanks

jerseygal said:

We were there in September and my sister got a white zip up with light blue GF logo!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi to my GF friends and share some exciting news. We were at the GF in late September and 2 weeks after we returned we discovered that Mouseketeer #4 is on its way! June 2015. Our stay at the GF and WDW truly was magical. ;)

We got to see the little heartbeat today and boy was that such a beautiful sight.

This will definitely limit our resort options in the future as we will be a family of 6. Hoping to try a stay in the newly refurbished Wilderness Lodge studio villas while baby #4 is still in crib...and quite possibly before baby #3 turns 3 and is free. We shall see! I will have to start visiting the Disney for Large Families thread!

We are blessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter