• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andee515 - We are still in the same boat, even at this age, where my kids don't like to touch each other. The sofa/daybed in the room is large enough for an adult to sleep in. My son always slept there and said it was comfortable!

I know there are chocolate eggs on display at Easter and food art on display for food and wine and other festivals. Are there any chocolate sculptures on display in the lobby during "normal" times of year? Working on a GF scavenger hunt for the kids 1st GF visit.
There have been times when eggs and sculptures were on display around the resort. I recall seeing one intricate piece in the RPC on the third floor of the Main Building. There was a holdover egg in the hallway that leads to Citrico's and V&A. A large marine scene sculpture usually sits inside the front door of Narcoossee's. But, I can't recall eggs remaining in the lobby itself much past the week or so of the Easter display. I could be quite wrong, though, my powers of attention and concentration are not always wonderful when I'm on vacation! :D

Any update on the status of the SL CL space? Will be staying club level at the end of July. If all of the CL guests are funneled to the RPC CL area it could get quite crowded.

We just returned home late last night after a 9 night stay in Boca Chica. We were upgraded to a lagoon view and had room 8313. We had a perfect view of the Contemporary/Bay Lake as well as Space Mountain. We had a partial view of the castle but there was a pine tree in the way.

I can't say enough about how perfect our stay was! The staff members at the GF were amazing. Every single person that we dealt with was so wonderful. We loved the music, the pools, the grounds, and just about everything else that you can imagine!

We are returning to Disney next year in June and will be renting DVC points for the first time. The owner that we are renting from has points at the GF and at the Poly. We are hoping that we are able to get a studio at the GF but we keep hearing how few studios there are in this resort. After staying here we just can't imagine staying anywhere else... we will find out in 2 weeks. UGH.. the waiting....

We just returned home late last night after a 9 night stay in Boca Chica. We were upgraded to a lagoon view and had room 8313. We had a perfect view of the Contemporary/Bay Lake as well as Space Mountain. We had a partial view of the castle but there was a pine tree in the way.

I can't say enough about how perfect our stay was! The staff members at the GF were amazing. Every single person that we dealt with was so wonderful. We loved the music, the pools, the grounds, and just about everything else that you can imagine!

We are returning to Disney next year in June and will be renting DVC points for the first time. The owner that we are renting from has points at the GF and at the Poly. We are hoping that we are able to get a studio at the GF but we keep hearing how few studios there are in this resort. After staying here we just can't imagine staying anywhere else... we will find out in 2 weeks. UGH.. the waiting....

Glad you had a great stay and enjoyed the GF. Good luck renting points, I hope the GF is available for your trip next year :wizard:.

Any update on the status of the SL CL space? Will be staying club level at the end of July. If all of the CL guests are funneled to the RPC CL area it could get quite crowded.
I think the whole SL building is closed for guests? I haven’t seen any room availability there. So crowding RPC shouldn’t be an issue. We are doing one night RPC in a week.

SL is definitely closed completely. There is a sign outside that says that you must wear a hard hat in the building. We saw them doing a ton of work on the outside of the building

SL is definitely closed completely. There is a sign outside that says that you must wear a hard hat in the building. We saw them doing a ton of work on the outside of the building
What were they doing to the exterior? Repainting? I know they had been doing that throughout the resort. Hard hats required inside must mean some serious work is being done, hmmmm?

Any word on refurbishments for the RPC? Just wondering as I haven't seen anything listed for the Main Building

Last edited:
We could only see what was happening on the outside of the building. We saw them cleaning, sanding and repainting the exterior of the building.

At 11 months out, you should be fine. I’m also booking mid June in a few days too! So, we can be slightly nervous together.

We were right above you in 8413! We just got back Saturday from a 14-night stay...6/16-6/30. I agree...it is a wonderful resort and the view from those rooms is amazing! I loved seeing the EWP multiple times per night.

At 11 months out, you should be fine. I’m also booking mid June in a few days too! So, we can be slightly nervous together.

That sounds perfect! I need someone else to understand my nervousness. Lol!

We were right above you in 8413! We just got back Saturday from a 14-night stay...6/16-6/30. I agree...it is a wonderful resort and the view from those rooms is amazing! I loved seeing the EWP multiple times per night.

Oh my goodness!!! We probably saw each other in the elevator many times!!

We just returned from a 14-night stay and I must say it was wonderful! We ate at the GF Cafe, 1900 Park Fare (Dinner), Narcoosee's, and of course Gasparilla's. We had several pool days and rented both cabanas (the big one at the beach pool and the smaller one at the resort pool.) We had a lagoon view room (8413) in Boca Chica and could see the EWP from our room twice nightly. I could not get enough of the view! It was an amazing vacation. Here are a few pictures of the pools, cabanas, and view from our room. Feel free to ask any questions!

IMG_0360.jpg IMG_5889.jpg IMG_5891.jpg IMG_5899.jpg IMG_5901.jpg IMG_5913 (1).jpg IMG_6176.jpg IMG_6179.jpg IMG_6208-2.jpg IMG_6220-2.jpg

Last edited:
We just returned from a 14-night stay and I must say it was wonderful! We ate at the GF Cafe, 1900 Park Fare (Dinner), Narcoosee's, and of course Gasparilla's. We had several pool days and rented both cabanas (the big one at the beach pool and the smaller one at the resort pool.) We had a lagoon view room (8413) in Boca Chica and could see the EWP from our room twice nightly. I could not get enough of the view! It was an amazing vacation. Here are a few pictures of the pools, cabanas, and view from our room. Feel free to ask any questions!

Thanks for your review. I agree, the GF is amazing! Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the resort. Beautiful pics/views, thanks for sharing :flower3:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter