(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello GF fans! We are considering moving from WL to GF for a December 2015 trip due to the pending construction at WL. Can anyone give us some pointers/comparisons? We have been to BLT and Poly. CR does not appeal to me but DH thinks GF might feel too formal? We need a happy medium. We will be traveling with DS9 and will be in a standard outer garden room. No CL or Deluxe....someday? Thanks in advance!!!

I am so excited...... I am now 9 days away from my first GF stay. Thinking about last minute stuff . We are doing a grocery stop but I think I read somewhere that you can buy a case of water at the resort .... True? Also will they send it to the room for you?

Also- when sending purchases back to the resort from the parks or DTD, how many days do you have to allow?

Thanks for any help......

Hello GF fans! We are considering moving from WL to GF for a December 2015 trip due to the pending construction at WL. Can anyone give us some pointers/comparisons? We have been to BLT and Poly. CR does not appeal to me but DH thinks GF might feel too formal? We need a happy medium. We will be traveling with DS9 and will be in a standard outer garden room. No CL or Deluxe....someday? Thanks in advance!!!

I think the GF is a great alternative to the WL. The WL is our favorite during the holidays, but the GF runs a close second as the lobby is gorgeous all decorated and the gingerbread house is a great addition. Our favorite resort overall is the Poly, but we also love the GF. I always had the feeling that the GF was "stuffy" whenever we visited, but those feelings quickly changed after my first stay. Staying there gave me a totally different view from just visiting and now the GF is one of my favorites. The GF really is a great resort and I think you would have a nice stay. Good luck :wizard:.

I am so excited...... I am now 9 days away from my first GF stay. Thinking about last minute stuff . We are doing a grocery stop but I think I read somewhere that you can buy a case of water at the resort .... True? Also will they send it to the room for you?

Also- when sending purchases back to the resort from the parks or DTD, how many days do you have to allow?

Congrats on your first upcoming GF stay, you are going to love it :goodvibes.

We've never bought water so I can't answer about buying a case, but hopefully someone else will be able to help :flower3:.

I think the time frame they give for delivery is 24 hours, so I think the latest you can send packages back to your resort is 2 days before your check out day. Hopefully someone else will be able to verify that or correct me if I'm wrong :).

Th
I think the GF is a great alternative to the WL. The WL is our favorite during the holidays, but the GF runs a close second as the lobby is gorgeous all decorated and the gingerbread house is a great addition. Our favorite resort overall is the Poly, but we also love the GF. I always had the feeling that the GF was "stuffy" whenever we visited, but those feelings quickly changed after my first stay. Staying there gave me a totally different view from just visiting and now the GF is one of my favorites. The GF really is a great resort and I think you would have a nice stay. Good luck :wizard:.

Congrats on your first upcoming GF stay, you are going to love it :goodvibes.

We've never bought water so I can't answer about buying a case, but hopefully someone else will be able to help :flower3:.

I think the time frame they give for delivery is 24 hours, so I think the latest you can send packages back to your resort is 2 days before your check out day. Hopefully someone else will be able to verify that or correct me if I'm wrong :).
Thanks, my DH is feeling anxious thinking GF is a bit stuffy. With the WL construction and the Poly demo of the East Pool, GF seems like the next best option. CR for the holidays just looks blah but, never stayed there only BLT.

Thanks, my DH is feeling anxious thinking GF is a bit stuffy. With the WL construction and the Poly demo of the East Pool, GF seems like the next best option. CR for the holidays just looks blah but, never stayed there only BLT.

I do get the "stuffy" feeling at the GF as I once felt that way. I even told my DH that I would never stay there because of the uppity feeling I got every time I walked around the resort or through the lobby. I know everyone is different and some people's opinion/feelings won't change as not every resort fits everyone's style of vacationing, but I had a totally different view of the GF once I stayed there. Since you've already stayed at BLT and the CR doesn't appeal to you (it doesn't appeal to me either), I do think the GF is the next best option :).

I'm loving all those photos, Blue! :)

Thanks mmm ...I enjoy sharing them! :goodvibes

I wouldn't mind a croissant, Blue. Thank you.

It's a cold, wet and windy Winter's day down here. GF pics really hit the spot!

So glad to return the favor Follow...your lovely pics have done the same for me!

LOL!! So they already had to recover those beautiful little chairs, huh? I knew when I saw the new chairs that they would be stained in no time...the light colored, non-wipeable fabric. Now, if they would just go back to having two comfortable couches with the two chairs in the TV area instead of that little settee!

Yep..no surprise. .whose idea was it to cover the kiddie chairs in fabric anyway...???:confused3 I too miss the couches and chairs...

Oh yum! Thanks, Blue!! :hug: I LOVE bread!!!! (we need a good icon on here for food!)

You are very welcome!! :goodvibes....we do need a food smilie...I keep using the ice cream pop one for lack of options...lol!!

Dispro Just wanted to add my 2 cents to your very informative info on the Queen deluxe rooms... 4319 and 4419 are both handicap accessible rooms..therefore have a roll in shower. ..and no tub...

We had three deluxe kings last week on the second floor, 4203, 4204, and 4205. The balconies were large and were a perfect spot to watch the fireworks. Straight clear view to the castle from there. Maybe the same rooms above would be similar? Not sure of that. As I mentioned in another thread, we liked the second floor, even with the switching of elevators, which wasn't a big deal. The floor was very quiet. These rooms did have sleeper sofas.

Those rooms on floors 3 & 4 are in the TPV category...

After tons of research, I'm finally ready to book the garden view room, outer building, for our Nov trip and wondering if there is a map of where the room numbers are. I saw the map of the different buildings so I'm familiar with those names, but is there one with the room numbers within those buildings? I'm trying to avoid the rooms overlooking that small pool bar building.

Also, how is the noise level and foot traffic at the rooms near Narcoossee's?

thanks in advance!

Sorry..no room number map...bit touring plans does have a very comprehensive collection of room views on their web site...

There are indeed cases of water for sale in Sandy Cove...not sure about the delivery options...as for package delivery. ..MickeyNut was correct...its 2 days...

I do get the "stuffy" feeling at the GF as I once felt that way. I even told my DH that I would never stay there because of the uppity feeling I got every time I walked around the resort or through the lobby. I know everyone is different and some people's opinion/feelings won't change as not every resort fits everyone's style of vacationing, but I had a totally different view of the GF once I stayed there. Since you've already stayed at BLT and the CR doesn't appeal to you (it doesn't appeal to me either), I do think the GF is the next best option :).

Glad that you came by and shared your thoughts...I knrw that you and your family all had a change of heart after your first GF stay...:thumbsup2

To all with trips coming up soon...have a wonderfully grand time...

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans are having a wonderful weekend...:earsgirl:..summer loving GF gal...

I seem to remember from my trip in 2012 that all the rooms have an iHome in them. Is this still the case? Is there some sort of adapter for people with iPhone 5s or 6s with the different charger? Would love to be able to plug my phone in to listen to some music in the afternoons when we are chilling in the room.
We are CL if that makes a difference.
6 more days!! Hallelujah! It will be a sweet reunion for me and my BF after 6 months apart... And what better place than at the GF! :)

Th

That's where we switched to but I think you already knew that.

Dispro Just wanted to add my 2 cents to your very informative info on the Queen deluxe rooms... 4319 and 4419 are both handicap accessible rooms..therefore have a roll in shower. ..and no tub...
Wow! I didn't know that because we've always been in 4320 (somehow we've always been lucky) except for when we were without kids and in a turret room. Maybe I should add "non-accessible room, please" to my room request since I always take a giant bubble bath when I'm there!!

Y
That's where we switched to but I think you already knew that.
Yes, I do recall your post on the WL thread. After a lot of confusion w/GS today, we are keeping the WL plans and looking into offsite options or nix the trip and try something else for Christmas.

Y

Yes, I do recall your post on the WL thread. After a lot of confusion w/GS today, we are keeping the WL plans and looking into offsite options or nix the trip and try something else for Christmas.

Oh no! Call back again. I had that happen last year and they eventually upgraded us to gf at no cost ( we ended up canceling due to other reasons).

Oh no! Call back again. I had that happen last year and they eventually upgraded us to gf at no cost ( we ended up canceling due to other reasons).
I called twice yesterday just to make sure what options there were. I was assured to take my time and make the right choice because we have been moved from BCV to WL due to construction. Last year we moved from WL to BCV due to the pool. Now this unknown of cabins coming in, pools being demo'd does not make me comfortable.

I called back this morning super happy about our choice, spoke to GS, placed on hold both times and basically told nothing further would be offered, only two other resorts that I explained yesterday that I did not care for. I am convinced that the one agent "flagged" me or something because every person I spoke with after that today started out nice then turned quickly to a brick wall. I too am seriously considering canceling or moving offsite just to not give Disney any more money than I have to.

Does anyone know what kind of refurbishments they will be doing at Gasparillas? Wasn't that remodeled about 3-4 years ago? I guess it's always better to keep places upgraded!

Glad that you came by and shared your thoughts...I knrw that you and your family all had a change of heart after your first GF stay...:thumbsup2

You know I'll always be a Poly girl, but I do also love the GF ::yes::.

Thanks for verifying the 2 days prior to check out for resort package delivery :flower3:.

I seem to remember from my trip in 2012 that all the rooms have an iHome in them. Is this still the case? Is there some sort of adapter for people with iPhone 5s or 6s with the different charger? Would love to be able to plug my phone in to listen to some music in the afternoons when we are chilling in the room.
We are CL if that makes a difference.
6 more days!! Hallelujah! It will be a sweet reunion for me and my BF after 6 months apart... And what better place than at the GF! :)

I can't answer about the iHome, but I wanted to say have a great trip! I'm sure it will be a great reunion with your BF :wizard:.

I called twice yesterday just to make sure what options there were. I was assured to take my time and make the right choice because we have been moved from BCV to WL due to construction. Last year we moved from WL to BCV due to the pool. Now this unknown of cabins coming in, pools being demo'd does not make me comfortable.

I called back this morning super happy about our choice, spoke to GS, placed on hold both times and basically told nothing further would be offered, only two other resorts that I explained yesterday that I did not care for. I am convinced that the one agent "flagged" me or something because every person I spoke with after that today started out nice then turned quickly to a brick wall. I too am seriously considering canceling or moving offsite just to not give Disney any more money than I have to.

I'm sorry you had so much trouble with GS :(. Good luck with the decision about your trip.

Does anyone know what kind of refurbishments they will be doing at Gasparillas? Wasn't that remodeled about 3-4 years ago? I guess it's always better to keep places upgraded!

Hi MommyGina :).

Yes, Gasparillas was redone a few years ago. I have heard something is going on with it, but I'm not sure just what they're doing.

I have a question, I keep reading about the monorail being down this summer with no end date... and every where I read has different options or different answers. I am 62 days out (yippee!) and am trying to work on my schedule. I have an 8:05 reservation at Crystal Palace (another yippee!) and am worried about making it there on time. I want to be outside MK by 7:45am (hopefully) so I am not late. Now in the past I have always stayed at moderates so I have just taken the bus.. I was hoping for the monorail to take me over so I would only have to be at the stop by 7:30 ... this looks like its not an option... does anyone know what time the buses at the GF start running or the boats start running, and what time should I get to either station to make it to MK by 7:45? TIA!

For our upcoming stay in November, we can either choose a Outer building-Theme Park view (which we loved last year) or Outer building-standard club level. I am so torn on what to pick. Which would you pick??

For our upcoming stay in November, we can either choose a Outer building-Theme Park view (which we loved last year) or Outer building-standard club level. I am so torn on what to pick. Which would you pick??
Honestly, I would always choose CL over a view because we don't spend much time in our room. Then, for the view, I book a dinner at Narcoossee's and/or Cali Grill and watch the fireworks from there. We like the ease of having breakfast, snacks, appetizers, desserts and wine/beer there for us in CL. If you spend more time in your room, don't drink wine/beer, and like a full breakfast (eggs, bacon,pancakes, etc) then CL might not be the right choice for you. It's all personal preference.

I will be having my first stay at GF Nov 2016 ( dream come true ) We have got a standard room with a garden view, does anyone know any rooms I can request for the best location/view?

My family really likes having the lounge and access to snacks and drinks during the day, so we usually pick CL over the view. That said, I've also had some amazing view rooms at the GF from an outer building. It really depends on what you think would mean more to you. For us, it's the convenience of the lounge (since there are places we could go so see that view), but I could see other people choosing differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter