2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be coming next week - staying Wed-Saturday. This will be our first stay at the BC and we're very much looking forward to checking it out.

Has anyone ever use GardenGrocer or Mouse House Concierge while staying at the Beach Club? Just curious if the experience is as simple as it appears? We'd like to get a few snacks/water/beer delivered to us to enjoy during the trip!

Yay for a new thread! This means I read three pages and I'm officially caught up on the BC/YC thread. So happy - thanks Dee!

P.S. Update to my grey goose slushie/refill mug advice based on more recent experience. Watch out for teen son swiping mug to try GGS. The silly little glass appears to be a bit of a deterrent. With the mug, no such deterrent.

After 2 years of planning we had an amazing 18 day staying at our favourite resort, my daughter has put this short video together, I hope you will watch and enjoy it :-)

Page 1-4

Thanks you everyone for the nice comments!

:goodvibes

Thanks Dee for being our Captain!!!!

Aye! Aye! :sail:

Thanks for putting together another wonderful facts threads. Your hard work is very much appreciated. :goodvibes

I'm starting to seriously plan our upcoming trip to the YC in only 18 days. :woohoo:

If there is anything you need me to find out, explore, or otherwise be nosy about, just let me know. ;)

Thanks for the offer. Can't think of anything right now, especially since I was just there, but I'm sure there is some info I need. I usually think of it once the person who has volunteered to get info has returned home

:thumbsup2

Thanks, Dee, for being our "DISmaster". What a wealth of knowledge and information, all so well-organized, and with something for everybody!

I booked a BB offer early in the summer. The dates reserved were not exactly what I wanted, but booked anyway, so as to keep the offer valid. About a month later, I called and was able to move it to the week I was looking for, but not the arrival date wanted.

If there are no rooms available online (even at rack rate) for the arrival date/property desired, should I not bother calling to check BB availability for the preferred arrival date?

Existing rez is at YC, but would gladly do BC. As the visit will be during F&W, I know the demand will be high. Our flights are already booked for the desired dates (1st week of Nov).

I know that people change/cancel all the time and am hoping that something opens up in the next month or two. I'm going to especially keep an eye on the T-45 mark, in case package-holders cancel at last minute.

I am even willing to do first night not at BB rate, but there is no availability for any rate/room. We do not want to do split stay.

Keep looking! Keep looking!

It doesn't hurt to ask about the BB rate for the room on the date you need first, the worst case they can say is no.

Fingers crossed that a room opens up for your date.

::yes::

I love reviewing the first couple of pages of the thread every time we start a new one! Thanks for everything Dee!!! :hug:

~NM

Not much changes in the first pages from thread to thread, but there are usually a few new things to see.

I LOVE the devilled bananas in your signature!

:rotfl2:

Definitely in for the new one (even though I mostly lurked on the last one!) I am about 14 months away from my first BC or YC stay so now it's time to really review all the info!

Thanks as always to all those who work hard to provide all the information and organize it here for everyone!

:flower3:

Thanks for recognizing everyone who contributes here.

:)

Staying at the BC January 19-25!! Can't wait!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

:cool1:

We'll be coming next week - staying Wed-Saturday. This will be our first stay at the BC and we're very much looking forward to checking it out.

Has anyone ever use GardenGrocer or Mouse House Concierge while staying at the Beach Club? Just curious if the experience is as simple as it appears? We'd like to get a few snacks/water/beer delivered to us to enjoy during the trip!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

I have never used either service, and in fact have never heard of Mouse House, but a lot of people on here have used either Garden Grocer or We Go Shop and have been pleased with the services.

Hopefully someone will provide their input

:listen:

Yay for a new thread! This means I read three pages and I'm officially caught up on the BC/YC thread. So happy - thanks Dee!

P.S. Update to my grey goose slushie/refill mug advice based on more recent experience. Watch out for teen son swiping mug to try GGS. The silly little glass appears to be a bit of a deterrent. With the mug, no such deterrent.

Ruh-Roh!

:scared1:

After 2 years of planning, we had an 18 day stay at The Yacht Club and my daughter has put this short video together if our stay. I hope you watch and enjoy.
http://youtu.be/k2bB9upgAp4

That is awesome!!!

I love all the dancing characters- what a great idea for an interaction. Each one was better than the other.

Donald! :rotfl:

Then Beast! :rotfl2:

Also love the shots of SAB and the Jib Slide :love:

Thanks so much for sharing. Is it ok if I add a link to this in the video/picture section on Page 2 of this thread?

:goodvibes

That is awesome!!! I love all the dancing characters- what a great idea for an interaction. Each one was better than the other. Donald! :rotfl: Then Beast! :rotfl2: Also love the shots of SAB and the Jib Slide :love: Thanks so much for sharing. Is it ok if I add a link to this in the video/picture section on Page 2 of this thread? :goodvibes
Aw that's lovely, of course you can use it. Thank you for this thread :-)

:rotfl2: Smart kid

And thanks from me too for the thread, Dee!! :thanks: We are still about a month and a half away from trying to book Beach Club (renting points), so this thread is helping me from going completely insane while waiting to book! :rotfl: :hyper:

Thanks Dee!! Just got home Thursday after a wonderful month in Florida! I think I may take a stab at unpacking tomorrow, lol!! I'm thinking next Aug it's back to YC!! We love BC too, but YC has the full balconies, which is important to me! Even in August :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter