• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best escalator fiasco I witnessed was at a food court inside a mall. I think it was in Baltimore...

I was on the upper level sitting at a table that looked down into the courtyard below. I witnessed a group of about 8 blind people attempt to get on an escalator that was discharging people who were going down to that level.

The people that were exiting the escalator didn't quite know how to handle the situation and the blind people were determined to get on that escalator. It was quite the pile of people at that escalator exit.

~NM

While I have you on the line, there was a post on the Theme parks board with a link to a video showing the lions yapping at each other during the Kilimanjaro Safari at AK. The CM was heard on the video saying that he had never seen this type of behavior, yada, yada, yada... yap, yap, yap...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpwFLxeG63o

So I reply to this thread and write: "If anybody bothers to put that sound track through Google's Lion to English translator app you'll discover that they are arguing over dinner. He wants steak again and she said that she was hoping for Chinese take out."

No one on that thread got that joke but I know that this BC/YC bunch will totally pick up on it.

page 21-23

Despite DH saying "no more Disney" I've just booked 2 rooms at the BC Water View CL for 3 nights arriving Oct 11th.:cool1: (and 1 nt in a Minion Suite at Portofino and 4 nts on Anna Maria Island) sorry :blush: very excited.

The lure of F&W and golf at Magnolia sparked his interest :idea:

He has a tee time of 0730 the day after we arrive and due to the time difference I'm sure we will all be awake even DD12 & DS14.

Does anyone know how early can we rent a surrey bike or take a boat out from the Marina.
Don't worry we're not expecting 7 or 8am and if if we did I promise no ringing of bells on the bike.

:welcome: back!

I"ll add you to the Be Our Guest list

:cool1:

Your trip sounds fantastic!!!

Sorry, I don't know about the boats, but I believe the surrey bike rental operates daily, 10:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m., weather permitting. They are so much fun...love the way people scatter, when you ring the bell, especially when riding downhill. :)

During my stay in August, I saw a family headed the wrong way in their surrey- headed towards the IG and EPCOT.

:scared1:

Can anyone comment as to the progress of the hard goods refurb currently underway at the Beach Club? We have a Christmas visit planned checking in on December 19th and I was curious as to where you all thought the progress would be by then? We have requested a high floor. Thank you!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 (Post 15)

It is kind of hard to know how long the room renovations will take until they actual start (and finish) some of the rooms. According to what I have heard the work on the rooms may be starting in the next week or so.

:)

I am back to this thread after a long absence. Haven't been to BC for a while because I have been doing other things Disney including 2 cruises and a fantastic 2 week trip to Aulani! Staying at Beach Club soon for Wine and Dine half. Looking forward to catching back up with everyone.

Hey, :welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Hope your training is going well.

:cheer2:

WOW!!! I am really impressed. I have had a response from Disney. It seems that the charge wasnt for our lunch (and they infact gave us back those credits - but didnt tell us - hence 3 credits left at end of holiday!) The charges were our first three items charged the day we arrived - they even sent me a copy of the bill - which I had never seen before (hmmm surely they should have automatically emailed me this on the 19th when they checked me in, out and in again).

I checked out our final bill and yes, the three charges were not on it. Beer in the UK, tip at Akershus and wine in France. The problem with bills is, you dont notice what is missing - only what is actually there.

Well done Disney.

Thanks for letting us know what you learned.

do all the rooms on the 5th floor have small balconies? I want to request the 5th floor, hoping for a renovated room, but really want a full balcony. Any advice?? This is our first visit, heading nov 16-23. Thanks!!'

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

Did you book club level or a standard room?

As mentioned above, the rooms on the BC 5th floor are all club level.

Best way to request a full balcony is to add "Full balcony, please" by phone to your reservation. If you are staying cl, you will be on the 5th floor. If you are not, then you may want to word your request "Full balcony, please. 4th Floor (or upper floor) if possible"

Since Gillespiedisney is asking about the Hollywood and Vine character dining experience I thought I would tell everyone about our family trip there with my Niece, Nephew and 76 year old father.

*snip*

~NM

:rotfl2:

Slightly off topic...

Anyone else hate "back to school"?

School for us has been back in session a whole 2 weeks and already both my girls are sick!! Oldest DD, 20, started first: congestion, ear infection, cough, etc.. Youngest DD, 16, upper respiratory (croupe - yes, she still gets it) and has been having a pain on her right side for the last few days that won't go away...already did bloodwork and now waiting for pediatrician to call with next steps. Praying that it's not her appendix :eek:.

Trying to keep my mind off things and really want to get excited for our anniversary trip which is now just 4 weeks away but dear Lord, it's always something :sad2:

ok, I'm done venting now...sorry for the interruption!

So sorry the girls are not feeling well. You certainly may vent here.

:grouphug:

Hi! We are booked again for August 2015. Going to be at the BC the 22-27 then heading over to our first on site stay at the dark side. Please add us to the guest list! Thanks!

:welcome: back!!!

Will do!

Are you staying on site at US?

Excellent. Beware chaos on land and water on October 12th between 10am and noon.

Kids still think its hilarious that I got a stern telling off by the Disney police for my boat driving on Seven Seas Lagoon a few years ago.

Is Breathless still available to rent ?

I was going to suggest that you call to see if the Breathless is still available to rent, but then I noticed you are overseas (is it a happy day for you or disappointing?)

I'll see if I can find out and see if they will let me know the availability for your dates.

:boat:

We will have to do the character meal at H&V. Our last trip with our youngest was the first time we did any of the shows at HS and she was enchanted. I agree about the MK character meals. We've eaten at the castle twice - once for breakfast and once for dinner. Completely underwhelmed each time. Crystal palace wasn't bad, but it wasn't so spectacular we'd return. We did love the Tusker House breakfast when we ate there in January.

NM - I've been your SIL. We stayed at the WL in 2008. I think we had a character meal each day. I even took my older daughters to that princess tea at the GF. I have a picture of Amara dressed as Belle (she swears I forced her to do it, but she lies) with her tiara half off her head. She looked like Belle after a night-long bender. We decided to take the scenic way back to the hotel and somehow ended up at the Contemporary. Where Teagan got scared by the escalator and stopped dead at the top after the rest of us started down. I had to run up the down escalator and carry her down. All the while hungover Belle was crying at the bottom, thinking I was leaving her forever. Worst Disney trip we've ever had.

Hilarious!!!

:lmao:

My favorite Disney story is from a friend who took her 4 year old daughter to BBB for a princess makeover. The girl had a meltdown when it was all over and needed everything removed the second they left. They had to return to their resort room immediately and clean her up before they did anything else.

That was a lot of expensive glitter and hair product down the drain!

:laughing:

NM- hilarious as usual

Dee - read your latest installment and I recommend to everyone... REA
D DEE'S TRIP REPORT

Dee- please add me to the list
10/31- YC GV... stalking everyday to add on but nothing is available... also I want BC so the stalk is several times a day:confused3

Thanks, friend!

Yes, I'll add you to the BOG for Halloween and I will continue to hope that your stalking pays off with more nights!

:goodvibes

NM, you should have stated they were complaining about Maleficent no longer appearing at the Halloween party unless you paid for the upcharge dessert party. The lion was demanding the lionesses get him a refund for his tickets. That would have gotten their attention.

I believe I have updated the Be Our Guest list with all of the info I have. Please take a moment to look it over and let me know if I need to make any updates or corrections.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

I'm so glad my daughter's were never interested in BBB. They loves the Pirates League. Teagan spoke with a bad English accent the rest of the day after she got her pirate makeover. My youngest is all about being girly right now. I'm hoping she accepts being a girly pirate. Just seeing those tight buns from BBB make my head ache.

Sorry if this has been asked before recently but what is the current bounce back offer in the rooms.

In addition I am doing a split stay a Magic your way package at kidani village nov 5 - nov 9th and a room only stay at the yacht club nov 9 to 11th. Can you only book a bounceback with a myw package or can you do bounceback with a room only reservation as well.

Thanks for your answers!!!

Sorry if this has been asked before recently but what is the current bounce back offer in the rooms.

In addition I am doing a split stay a Magic your way package at kidani village nov 5 - nov 9th and a room only stay at the yacht club nov 9 to 11th. Can you only book a bounceback with a myw package or can you do bounceback with a room only reservation as well.

Thanks for your answers!!!
The only requirement for booking a bounce back is that you are currently staying in a WDW resort room. You can be there on a package, on a room only, on DVC points, or cash - it doesn't matter. And any adult listed on the room reservation can book a BB. So if there are three adults staying in the room, each one of you could book a BB reservation.

Hopefully, the room only discount for 2015 will be available in November. I think it is a free dining bounceback offer right now, for dates from Aug 20th to Oct 3rd, 2015. I'll double check the offers when we are there in five days. ;)

The only requirement for booking a bounce back is that you are currently staying in a WDW resort room. You can be there on a package, on a room only, on DVC points, or cash - it doesn't matter. And any adult listed on the room reservation can book a BB. So if there are three adults staying in the room, each one of you could book a BB reservation.

Hopefully, the room only discount for 2015 will be available in November. I think it is a free dining bounceback offer right now, for dates from Aug 20th to Oct 3rd, 2015. I'll double check the offers when we are there in five days. ;)

ok thank you for the information. Def not interested in a free dining bounceback offer. I rather the 30 percent off the room bounceback

I really would like to go back to the beach club after a fantastic holiday this year. Does anyone know if the refurbishment will be completely finished by October 2015. I would hope so but then I also know how long the 7dmt took to complete.;) thanks in advance for your replys.

I really would like to go back to the beach club after a fantastic holiday this year. Does anyone know if the refurbishment will be completely finished by October 2015. I would hope so but then I also know how long the 7dmt took to complete.;) thanks in advance for your replys.

I'd like to know this too - we just got back from the YC and want to try BC during F&W next year, but not if the rooms haven't been refurbished.

Unfortunately, we don't know yet how long the BC refurb will take. Heck, it hasn't even been announced when the room rehabs will start (although we think it will be in a week or two), so I certainly will not be making any guesses yet about when the work will be done.

I'll be interested in seeing how long it takes to complete the 5th floor, and then the 4th (which has more rooms than the club level) and that should give us a better idea about how long it will take for the entire resort to be updated.

We are on our way to the BCR now! Left early this morning and just crossed the South Carolina border. We will be there around lunch tomorrow. Hoping to start with a swim and lunch at the Boardwalk. Then going to Epcot and having dinner at Garden Grill! Can't wait!!!

We are on our way to the BCR now! Left early this morning and just crossed the South Carolina border. We will be there around lunch tomorrow. Hoping to start with a swim and lunch at the Boardwalk. Then going to Epcot and having dinner at Garden Grill! Can't wait!!!

Have a fantastic trip!

Hi Dee! We are staying on site at US. It's between Hard Rock and Portofino. Any advice would be great!

We have stayed at both. Hard Rock was our favorite! Loved the vibe there and the location can't be beat. I have lots of pictures of both resorts in past trip reports. The resorts sections are at the beginning of the reports and I have the chapters indexed in the second post.

Portofino (July 2011) was the Welcome Foolish Muggles report

Hard Rock (July 2013) was the Hijinks and Shenanigans report

Spoiler alert- we may be heading back to Hard Rock in Feb.

We have stayed at both. Hard Rock was our favorite! Loved the vibe there and the location can't be beat. I have lots of pictures of both resorts in past trip reports. The resorts sections are at the beginning of the reports and I have the chapters indexed in the second post.

Portofino (July 2011) was the Welcome Foolish Muggles report

Hard Rock (July 2013) was the Hijinks and Shenanigans report

Spoiler alert- we may be heading back to Hard Rock in Feb.

Oooh, another trip. That's fun! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter