2013 "Last Minute" Disney Ornament Swap

Sorry for being offline with this -- all photos are taken and I was packing to send out and realized that with one person dropping out, we each made an extra ornament!

Please respond ASAP about what you would prefer: should I

• Return your extra ornament to you?
  • Donate your extra ornament to a local shelter for their tree?

As soon as I hear back from each of you, I will do as you request and send the packages out.

Thank you all for making my first swap hosting experience a success!

Ali

I'd love to give my extra ornament to my Mom so just mail the extra park map ornament back. I'll see her just after Christmas and we'll be doing a lot of planning for our March Disney World and Cruise vacation then. I think she'd be excited about the ornament and it would be a fun stage to give it to her.

Thanks for the options and for your work on this. I'm excited to see the pics and for the packages to arrive!

I'd love to give my extra ornament to my Mom so just mail the extra park map ornament back. I'll see her just after Christmas and we'll be doing a lot of planning for our March Disney World and Cruise vacation then. I think she'd be excited about the ornament and it would be a fun stage to give it to her.

Thanks for the options and for your work on this. I'm excited to see the pics and for the packages to arrive!

:thumbsup2

You can send mine back...my mother in law will love it! Thanks!

:thumbsup2

Sorry for being offline with this -- all photos are taken and I was packing to send out and realized that with one person dropping out, we each made an extra ornament!

Please respond ASAP about what you would prefer: should I

• Return your extra ornament to you?
  • Donate your extra ornament to a local shelter for their tree?

As soon as I hear back from each of you, I will do as you request and send the packages out.

Thank you all for making my first swap hosting experience a success!

Ali

scrpbookr and merimarie: your boxes are going out this morning.

chargerbelle and mssong85: I need to hear back from you so I can mail out your ornaments and post all the photos!

Ali

You can donate mine, unless it is just easier to send it back at this point. It doesn't really matter to me!:thumbsup2

Hello!

Since Kendall and Shantell responded so quickly, I was able to send out all four boxes today, and returned everyone's "extra" ornaments as requested. (You also inspired me to give my own extra to my in-laws, in anticipation of our upcoming extended family vacation in 2014. My MIL loved it!)

All the packages went out Priority Mail, but with the ornaments being fairly light, I was able to ship them for less than the "Flat Rate" boxes. :thumbsup2 (I put each person's change back into the envelope the money came in and then tucked it into your box before sealing it up.)

Here are the tracking numbers:

• chargerbelle #9114 9010 7574 2988 3776 42

• scrpbookr #9114 9010 7574 2988 3776 59

• mssong85 #9114 9010 7574 2988 3776 35

• merimarie #9114 9010 7574 2988 3776 28

When I got home I realized that I'd forgotten to include the Christmas cards I'd written for each of you, but there is a little "thank you" gift included in each box. ;)

Thank you all for participating in my first swap -- I'm already planning a few for next year!!!

:hug:

Ali

P.S. I took photos of the ornaments hanging on our tree, and will put them up shortly!

I took these photos after hanging the ornaments on our tree, and will post them in the order that they arrived.

chargerbelle sent us bottles of Pixie Dust (from the "Neverland Trading Company"); second photo is detail from the back of the bottle:

20131214_011546-1-1.jpg
65d3babe-b3f0-45cd-a705-b81ec77f8cef.jpg

scrpbookr used park maps to decoupage these globes, sprinkled with dust from our favorite Pixie:

20131214_011458-1.jpg

mssong85 brought us tidings of a Nightmare Before Christmas (front and back):

20131214_011851-1-11.jpg
20131214_011910-1-1.jpg

merimarie bounced a Pixar ball to each of us:

20131214_011724-1.jpg

and NEDisneyFans (that's me!) sent a Mickey-infused snowflake from New England:

IMG_20131207_172304-1.jpg

Thanks to all of you again for making my first efforts at hosting a swap successful! :grouphug:

Ali

Everyone did such an awesome job! Can't wait to put them on our tree when we return from WDW!

They look Awesome everyone! So excited!!! I am proud of us! Let's keep the craft swaps going in the next year to come! Brainstorm themes or types! Valentine's swap anyone?

They look Awesome everyone! So excited!!! I am proud of us! Let's keep the craft swaps going in the next year to come! Brainstorm themes or types! Valentine's swap anyone?

I know I am planning more ornament swaps, probably starting with "Christmas in July" with a variety of sub-groups/themes, including some Disney , some other (snowmen, gingerbread, etc).

What other types of swaps are you thinking? What sorts of crafting do you do?

Ali

I'm definitely up for more! We could do a park essentials swap...t-shirts, hats, accessories, lanyards, etc! I wouldn't mind hosting again!

In the past we have just done whatever people want to make. We can do magnet swaps, bag swaps, or we can just pick a theme like a holiday. Theme swap people can make whatever they want if it fits into that theme.

In the past we have just done whatever people want to make. We can do magnet swaps, bag swaps, or we can just pick a theme like a holiday. Theme swap people can make whatever they want if it fits into that theme.

Can't commit to anything at this point, but will see how the new year finds me and my time. I love crafting!

Ali

:santa:A BIG thank you to our little ornament swap group! My package arrived and everything is so nice. My little boy and I had so much fun checking them out and finding spots on the tree for them. Pure.Disney.Christmas.Magic!!! Thanks to each of you!! Merry Christmas!

I'm excited for a Christmas in July ornament swap! :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter