2013 "Last Minute" Disney Ornament Swap

NEDisneyFans

DIS Veteran
So, I guess this will be the trial run for a larger swap next year! -- Ali :santa:

• Upon sign-up, each participant agrees to make six (6) Disney-inspired ornaments (sized between 2 - 5" in diameter). This is the final count.

• This swap will only run with a minimum of four (4) participants. If more than twelve (12) people sign up, I will start a second group.

• Each participant will receive one (1) of her/his own ornaments and one (1) from each of the other participants in the group.

[*]Ornaments can be made from any material.

[*]Ornament design must be recognizably "Disney."

[*]Ornaments must be packed appropriately to arrive unbroken.

[*]Ornaments must be created in a non-smoking environment.

[*]Please create ornaments that you would be proud to display on your own tree.

• Participants must SIGN UP in this thread by Midnight (EST) Monday, 11/25/13. I will send you a PM with my contact info and mailing address.

• All ornaments must be mailed to me via USPS Priority Mail by Tuesday, 12/3/13, and must include cash (U.S. currency) for postage to return your assorted ornaments to you via Priority Mail. I will be able to give a cost estimate once I know how many people will be participating, and by printing the postage and labels myself, I can keep the costs down; I will return any excess funds with your ornaments!

• By using Priority Mail, all ornaments should reach me by Friday, 12/6/13. I will sort and pack them over the weekend and mail them back to you on Monday, 12/9/13. I will not delay shipping to wait for late arrivals. Late ornaments will simply be returned to the original maker.

• I will post when I receive packages. I'll post again once I have mailed them out and will send tracking information to each participant for her/his package.

I'll take photos of all the ornaments and then post them on Friday, 12/13/13, by which time all participants should have received their packages!

So -- who wants to play?!?

Ali

P.S. "Make" and "create" both mean "hand-crafted" (vs. commercially produced, such as Hallmark ornaments) for the purpose of this swap. Participants are free to purchase hand-crafted ornaments if desired, as long as the ornaments are of the same design, so this is open to the "non-crafty" as well!

Participants (in order of sign-up):

1] NEdisneyfans -- me -- ready to go ;-)

2] chargerbelle -- arrived 11/30

3] mssong85 -- arrived 12/5

4] merimarie -- arrived 12/9

5] Disneyluvr -- withdrew

6] scrpbookr -- arrived 12/4

Are teens allowed to sign up (with parent permission of course :thumbsup2 )? If so, count me in!:)

Under 18 MUST have parental permission; please have your parent send me a PM (with both of your real names, an email address and phone number) and I will HAPPILY put your name on the list!

What sort of crafts do you like to do?

:santa: Ali

If it's only a few people, I could probably do it. I don't think I could do 12 in a week. I work full time :(

If it's only a few people, I could probably do it. I don't think I could do 12 in a week. I work full time :(

Merimarie, I'll put you on the list for now; if too many people sign up, I'll give you the chance to withdraw.

Yay! I think this may be it. I am hoping for like one more maybe.

I was hoping for at least six, but if it ends up being just us four, that is fine for a first swap. ;)

NEDisneyFans said:
Merimarie, I'll put you on the list for now; if too many people sign up, I'll give you the chance to withdraw.

I was hoping for at least six, but if it ends up being just us four, that is fine for a first swap. ;)

Sounds good to me! Thanks!

I think I should be good...I found my inspiration and I'm going to get started right away to give myself plenty of time!

I'm so glad you mentioned this over on the scrap swap board!!

I'm very excited to participate! Count me in!

If you didn't receive yours, please let me know ASAP. :thumbsup2

:hourglass You now have a week to create and pack up your ornaments, to mail them out on time (by next Tuesday, 12/5).

Once you have mailed off your package, please post a note to the thread and send me the Tracking Number via PM.

Happy crafting and enjoy your Thanksgiving :cool1:

Ali

Hi everyone how are you doing on the ornaments? I just finished mine. I will mail tomorrow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter