2013 fall wonder and magic are out!

im from New Jersey and i would of loved for dcl to keep a ship on the west coast. there is a lot of good cruises they can do from there. the mexican riveria cruises wasnt doing good because dcl wore them out every single week. than the one place they stopped there twice. why couldnt they do a mexican riveria cruise where they go to the two ports they go to one day each than stop in san diego for a port day? why didnt they do the one way hawaii cruise from vancouver? I love the pacific cruises they are doing this sep and oct.

I'm on the DCL repo from LA to Vancouver for May 2013, with stops in SF and Victoria. The Princess itinerary sounds much more fun.

I just switched to this Repo too and then I saw the Princess itinerary. Very tempting to cancel DCL all together...

My sister and I recently returned from Southern California after spending a few days in DL. We both love DCL and are sailing out of LA Thanksgiving week to enjoy the Wonder while she is still here. I was on an April MR also. Anyway, one thing that we talked about is how DCL advertised the west coast cruises. Why doesn't DCL have kiosks in DL, WDW, or DTD as they do with DVC? A lot of people shy away from the DVC kiosks for a variety of reasons and DVC's main selling point isn't using points to book a cruise. So why don't they have DCL Kiosks? It's pretty much free advertising as Disney has the property and a DCL kiosk wouldn't have the same "stigma of a time share" as a DVC kiosk and yes I know you can use DVC points for DCL, but most people don't know that. They could have a great kiosk with a Sailor Mickey, ship fan giveaways. I think a DCL would do great business utilizing property they already own to advertise DCL to people who already love Disney.

It doesn't even have to be kiosk. Just one single ad somewhere would help. With a push that it's less than 30 miles from where they are reading the ad!!

I'm hoping dcl made the non-creative itineries due to the dry docking of the magic. IMHO, dcl is trying to reduce their risk by saving their new itineries until next year. With that being said, I would love to see a Bermuda, CC and PC cruise from NYC.

I'm thinking this might be the case. But if there was really no creative thinking for fall 2013, what was the point in delaying. *sigh*

Would have liked to see Disney compete with Carnivals 3 & 4 night itineraries though....we love Catalina Island. And see DCL do some Land and Sea packages for those who are not as familiar with California as they are Florida. I know that's how this whole cruising addiction started for me, a land/sea package out of Orlando in 2008. :rotfl2:

We got started on a Land/Sea package in 2008 as well!! I bet there are tons of people who would love to *try* a DCL cruise on the West Coast with a shorter itinerary, and combine it with a few days at Disneyland. Frankly when they announced the Wonder moving to LA, I though the shorter cruises would be their bread and butter. They could do 5 nighters to Cabo, as well.

We have been on 2 DCL to MR and one carnival. We are just so DONE with those ports. We would have loved to do the pacific coast, but the kids have just started school. We talked about Hawaii but again, we would have to take them out for a week or two.

We just booked Oct 2013 out of Galveston. Because we can drive that. To add the cost of airfare to Fl puts the cruise out of reach. Airfare is also why we didn't do Alaska. The Galveston sailing ports are not exciting and I wish it included CC, but alas, it doesn't. I'm just bummed it is the Wonder, again.

Wish DCL had more west coast options when the kids were out of school and shorter cruises when they are in school. I can justify taking a day or two off of school, but a week or two is difficult.

im from New Jersey and i would of loved for dcl to keep a ship on the west coast. there is a lot of good cruises they can do from there. the mexican riveria cruises wasnt doing good because dcl wore them out every single week. than the one place they stopped there twice. why couldnt they do a mexican riveria cruise where they go to the two ports they go to one day each than stop in san diego for a port day? why didnt they do the one way hawaii cruise from vancouver? I love the pacific cruises they are doing this sep and oct.

The Mexican Riviera cruises haven't been selling well because of the violence associated with the drug cartels. The tourists tend to be very gun shy. Disney isn't the only cruise line discontinuing cruises to the Mexican Riviera.

Hi neighbor (we are in the same city as you) :) I agree, our family loves heading to San Pedro on Sunday afternoons when the Wonder is here. They could do so much more if they really tried (especially with a tie in to DLR and now Cars Land).

Again...I have to wonder how DCL expects to stir much interest when they don't advertise here. If people don't know there is a ship here, how do they know to book it? There are Cars Land ads everywhere (even on those table-top post card things at our mall's local food court). But there has been very little advertising for DCL here. I have seen one billboard, and that is it. The only place I see it advertised is on the disboards and people here already know about them, LOL. Almost everyone I spoke to about our cruises has no idea that DCL has a ship here. And we live 15 minutes from the port. Yet we get TV advertisments for the Dream and the Fantasy here....

I think DCL missed the boat here (literally) by not advertising more, especially in regards to DCL/DLR land-sea vacations. If they would have advertised more heavily to the DLR regulars (So. Cal, No. Cal, NV, Utah, AZ, etc), I'll bet they would have done much better. It is like they just dropped a ship here with no real effort to actually sell the cruises :confused3

We see a lot of DCL advertising in Utah. I think I see at least 1 DCL commercial a day on TV. Plus there are several billboards between Provo and Salt Lake City (about 50 miles).

The thing is that they're just "Sail Disney Cruise Line" ads. No serious mention of the west cost cruises. Plus families in Utah tend to be a little on the larger side and most people I know can't afford to take 2 parents plus 3 or 4 kids on a Disney cruise.

We see a lot of DCL advertising in Utah. I think I see at least 1 DCL commercial a day on TV. Plus there are several billboards between Provo and Salt Lake City (about 50 miles).

We're in the Southern California TV Market, the largest in the world. I do watch broadcast TV, and the commercials (extreme multi-tasker, the TV is sometimes background noise), not once have I heard a commercial for DCL. Didn't even know they had the ship here until we took a different route to Disneyland one day last year (premium annual passholder), and saw a billboard off the freeway. I always thought the ship was in Florida! There are close to a million annual passholders in Disneyland/DCA (4 separate tiers). It seems like with all the banner advertisements in the Disneyland/DCA entrance plaza for World of Color, Carsland, Passholders, etc., they should have put some DCL ads in, and the ship could have stayed put.

Since Dry Docks where brought up I am going to share my theory. Now just like a majority of you hear I think DCL can take these cruises for the rest of 2013 and shove them, well you know. Anyway, I think the Wonder will go to Eroupe in 2014 back to the shipyard for a huge Dry Dock as well. That could be one reason DCL wants her back in that side of the Canal. So I think the Magic will come west at some point to do Alaska and hopefully some Hawaii or something fun and interesting on the West. That's just my theory.

Since Dry Docks where brought up I am going to share my theory. Now just like a majority of you hear I think DCL can take these cruises for the rest of 2013 and shove them, well you know. Anyway, I think the Wonder will go to Eroupe in 2014 back to the shipyard for a huge Dry Dock as well. That could be one reason DCL wants her back in that side of the Canal. So I think the Magic will come west at some point to do Alaska and hopefully some Hawaii or something fun and interesting on the West. That's just my theory.

I partially agree. I think the Wonder will go to Europe in 2014, but I am not sure that the Magic will head west for Alaska. I think they may skip Alaska and another expensive Panama Canal cruise that seem to be hard to fill, and go back to New York. Just my theory.

I can only hope you are right. If there is something creative in the works, it will justify (sorta) the semi-mess of 2013.

Wondering if I should rebook a dummy cruise, just in case something better pops up in 2014. Would love to do Alaska, but DCL is so much higher than the competitors. I can't justify paying the higher amount, plus the airfare. I would, however, go for a Pacific Coast cruise, which wouldn't involve any air travel.

The Wonder was "winterized" or whatever you want to call it, with extra glass walls up on deck to keep the passengers warm in Alaska. Has the Magic also been retrofitted like that? Or they could do it as part of the dry dock next summer. Otherwise, I don't see the Magic doing Alaska.

The Wonder was "winterized" or whatever you want to call it, with extra glass walls up on deck to keep the passengers warm in Alaska. Has the Magic also been retrofitted like that? Or they could do it as part of the dry dock next summer. Otherwise, I don't see the Magic doing Alaska.
They have not done it but it can be easily done durring next years Dry Dock.

If DCL skips Alaska in 2014, we will probably start looking into our first non-DCL cruise. We are hoping to cruise out of Vancouver again.

Hi all!
Haven't seen a thread about this but if it was posted sorry for the duplicat!

Just saw on the dcl website the the itineraries are out for the fall - and I'm not impressed!

Same old same old- haven't they been listening?!

I really want to see the magic after all the work they are doing on it though so I will probably end up booking-:confused3

Melissa

Hi all!
Haven't seen a thread about this but if it was posted sorry for the duplicat!

Just saw on the dcl website the the itineraries are out for the fall - and I'm not impressed!

Same old same old- haven't they been listening?!

I really want to see the magic after all the work they are doing on it though so I will probably end up booking-:confused3

Melissa

:(

If DCL skips Alaska in 2014, we will probably start looking into our first non-DCL cruise. We are hoping to cruise out of Vancouver again.
I think we're of the same thiniking. I love DCL, but the offerings are just downright BORING!:confused3:bored:

I'm still glad Galveston is getting a Disney boat.

Any chance the Fantasy or Dream will make a visit to Texas???:lmao:
I can dream but am afraid that would require a whole lot of pixie dust...

Exactly!! I think it's awesome that they are "home porting" in other places beside PC but their itineraries from those ports lack creativity especially Miami. They could have done so much more from that port. :sad2:

I couldn't agree with you more. I don't mind the Galveston and Miami ports, but these are the exact same ports of call as the Fanasy and Dream! I am glad to see that the magic is doing 5 nights. And not just the 3/4 night rotation .... Really, 3 nights is just not long enough.
Anyway, I hope DCL gets more creative with its 2014 itineraries!

I'm still glad Galveston is getting a Disney boat.

Any chance the Fantasy or Dream will make a visit to Texas???:lmao:
I can dream but am afraid that would require a whole lot of pixie dust...

They are required to home port in Port Canaveral for a while, I don't remember the exact # of years but I'm sure someone does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter