• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2012 Free Dining Watch and Wait HERE

There has been FD in October, but not all of October, there are some blackouts. We were there last year from 10/22-10/29 and we had FD. If you follow the mousesavers link below, you can see the FD dates that have come out historically:

http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html

Thanks for the link! I'm helping a friend plan a trip for September and I thought the fall offer would drop sometime in March, but I'm glad to know it may be near the end of March or even April! Thanks, again!

Ive been on Team FD for a while now....waiting, waiting, popcorn::hoping, hoping

The buzz I've been hearing over on the Codes board is somethings going to happen on March 1st. :surfweb: I'll be here waiting w/ the rest of you:rolleyes:

oh really????? March 1st?? **runs and checks credit card limits** LOL

I'm anxiously awaiting the announcement of Free Dining for august!

Me too. We are looking at the third week in August. Looking at the history reports, we should be good, but we may have to wait as far as May before we see if anything is released. Third week is considered off season so I hope we luck out. LOVE FD!!

Me too. We are looking at the third week in August. Looking at the history reports, we should be good, but we may have to wait as far as May before we see if anything is released. Third week is considered off season so I hope we luck out. LOVE FD!!

You may be able to see in April as well. Last time we went was mid August and I booked beginning of April and FD was already available. Mind you that was in 2007 but at least it may give some hope.

You may be able to see in April as well. Last time we went was mid August and I booked beginning of April and FD was already available. Mind you that was in 2007 but at least it may give some hope.

Woo Hoo!! Thank you so much for the tip. I can't wait to book and start planning. Already thinking of all of the yummy places to eat!:cool1:

Hey! I have a few questions for anybody and everybody. :) I am looking at taking my mom, dad and grandmother to Disney sometime in September. I have been to Disney several times and know about the Disney dinning plan, but I am not very familar with the FREE dinning plan. So, here are the questions:

1. Is it really free or is there some type of catch? You know, it is Disney so I want to make sure. :confused3. Plus, it almost sounds too good to be true. :rotfl2:

2. Do I have to wait UNTIL the free dinning plan dates are released to book my trip or can I go ahead and book now and THEN add the free dinning plan later when the dates are released?

3. Where and when will the dates be released?

I apologize in advance if these are simple questions, but I am in ignorance on these things. Any help (including links/websites) would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!:cool1:

I have been to Disney several times and know about the Disney dinning plan, but I am not very familar with the FREE dinning plan. So, here are the questions:

1. Is it really free or is there some type of catch? You know, it is Disney so I want to make sure. Plus, it almost sounds too good to be true.

2. Do I have to wait UNTIL the free dinning plan dates are released to book my trip or can I go ahead and book now and THEN add the free dinning plan later when the dates are released?

3. Where and when will the dates be released?

1. Is is free, and it is true. The "catch," or the thing to know, is that you have to pay rack rates for the resort room in order to get free dining package. So, you have to do the math for your group, resort, etc. to be sure the total price works for you. Depending on what other offers are out there, a room discount may save you more money. I know for me free dining always wins, but it depends on each situation. Also, tips are not included, so while all your meal and snack credits are included, you will have to pay out-of-pocket for any tips.

2. You don't have to wait to book, however, if you book now you will have to call back and update your reservation to add/switch to the free dining package. Personally if it were me and I wanted free dining, I would wait until a free dining package for my dates are announced. If you will travel without free dining, you can book now.

3. No one knows for sure when (or if) free dining for Sept 2012 will be announced, but if they are doing it the expectation is it will be available soon, like in the next month or so. There is rumor of another package announcement on March 1 and it may be free dining for more dates in 2012. As for where it will be announced, really your best resource are fan sites like here at the DIS. These boards, and this thread in particular, will light up with the news and details when/if a new free dining package is available.

Ok, So Im guessing there are no good healthy rumors out yet for Free Dining??? We had to cancel a free dining trip we had booked for December and rescheduled for September 2012 but now IMPATIENTLY awaiting Free Dining!!! The CM I spoke to reassured me to keep checking it was like she almost had something she knew but couldn't say! She said I feel sure you will be lucky just keep checking back :) Typically Free Dining Is Announced April and a few times it's been March so time is really nearing!! Im hoping it is soon I can't wait ! We are going on a cruise in June on the dream and this is the only way we will be able to pull off Food & Wine in Sept!!

Well I keep hearing "March 1st " and "the first week of March" for the August codes, or should I say, "some kind of code". The CM I was on the phone w last night told me to "keep paying attention":thumbsup2 WILL DO!!

Keep up the spirit, Team FD!!!:cheer2:

Well I keep hearing "March 1st " and "the first week of March" for the August codes, or should I say, "some kind of code". The CM I was on the phone w last night told me to "keep paying attention":thumbsup2 WILL DO!!

Keep up the spirit, Team FD!!!:cheer2:

If I pay attention any harder than I already do, I'm afraid I'd get arrested for stalking! :lmao:

It's nice to know I am not the only one obsessing over this too :goodvibes I check the boards daily just to see if any news, even though I know the next probable release date is Mar 1

DH just shakes his head, every night I get on-line he'll say, checking Disney again? Yeah baby :surfweb:

It's nice to know I am not the only one obsessing over this too :goodvibes I check the boards daily just to see if any news, even though I know the next probable release date is Mar 1

DH just shakes his head, every night I get on-line he'll say, checking Disney again? Yeah baby :surfweb:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I think we need a Disney support group your post could have been from our house

Since the Disney Promo for a free vacation has been going on, I have been on the computer every night (that gets old after being on one every day). I also have been checking the boards every day for free dining. We will go on vacation and purchase the dining plan if needed, but I would prefer to get free dining if possible.

I heard that they'll release the codes to the Visa holders first about a week before, which would be tomm. Interesting because tommorow their database will be down for a few hours for "enhancements" or "updates"....hmmmm, me thinks something good's about to happen:wizard:

I hit 180 days today...gotta go make an ADR!!:surfweb:

Have a great day Team!!

I want to stalk too!!!!

Hubby said " I would rather go to WDW with a 3 month old and a 3 yr old than go with you pregnant again..."
Sure thing buddy! We can do that :-)

I heard that they'll release the codes to the Visa holders first about a week before, which would be tomm. Interesting because tommorow their database will be down for a few hours for "enhancements" or "updates"....hmmmm, me thinks something good's about to happen:wizard:

I hit 180 days today...gotta go make an ADR!!:surfweb:

Have a great day Team!!

I really hope you are right! :goodvibes

Add me to the looonnggg list of people hoping for free dinning in mid-october...that's Canadian Thanksgiving.
We'd love to go back for Halloween ! So wonderful at that time...

Buzz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter