**2011** Epcot Food & Wine Festival HAS ENDED. 2012 Festival 9/28 - 11/11

Well has anyone scanned the link? I am downloading the QR reader now...

I scanned the barcode with my iphone and it worked like a charm. Took me to a web link, which I then made as an icon on my front page. All the food menus, beverages, special events and world showcase map are on the link.

I scanned the barcode with my iphone and it worked like a charm. Took me to a web link, which I then made as an icon on my front page. All the food menus, beverages, special events and world showcase map are on the link.

How did you do this? I can scan and get there but....I have to keep rescanning. I am are it is operator error

I have a Driod and it works fine, again it gave me a link and it went to an app that has the concerts, kiosks, and ticketed events

Well has anyone scanned the link? I am downloading the QR reader now...
The QR code corresponds to http://qr2.it/Go/468496 which then corresponds to http://videos.parksmedia.disney.go.com/wdw/fwmobile/feature.html

It's not an app. It's a mobile website. That means it should work on any device that does a good job displaying mobile websites, such as an iPhone or Droid.

However, it requires Internet connectivity, so it won't work unless the device is connected to the Internet.

Given the lack of public WiFi at Epcot, it's useless to iPod Touch users at Epcot.

Doesn't seem to be working on a Blackberry...I'll try again later in case it's just a glitch. Thanks for the heads up - it looks slick.

Doesn't seem to be working on a Blackberry...I'll try again later in case it's just a glitch.

I just started playing with it on my iPhone - it's kind of slow to respond and clicking doesn't always take you to the next screen. To navigate the pavilions and pavilions, I have to swipe from right to left rather than just clicking. I think the webpage itself is just glitchy. Also, it is slow to load - it might be working on your Blackberry but just slowly. I would advise patience!

The QR code corresponds to http://qr2.it/Go/468496 which then corresponds to http://videos.parksmedia.disney.go.com/wdw/fwmobile/feature.html

It's not an app. It's a mobile website. That means it should work on any device that does a good job displaying mobile websites, such as an iPhone or Droid.

However, it requires Internet connectivity, so it won't work unless the device is connected to the Internet.

Given the lack of public WiFi at Epcot, it's useless to iPod Touch users at Epcot.

Yes, you are right it is not an app it is a website, please forgive me for my lack of knowledge

I've only had my smart phone (android) a few days, so I'm pretty inefficient with it. I can scan the code and open the link, but I don't see how to save it. Anyone have a simple explanation?

I'm planning on paying cash at the food booths during Food & Wine. My family are all big eaters. If I get the Disney gift cards on wrist straps, how much money should I put on them? I'm just curious is anyone has kept track of how much they've spent grazing around the world during Food & Wine for one full day. We plan on sampling the wine and other adult beverages too, so I know that will make it more expensive.

Thanks~

Also love the mobil website and it seems to be working well on my Droid right now, the real test will be how well it works when I finally get to be at Epcot!

I just started playing with it on my iPhone - it's kind of slow to respond and clicking doesn't always take you to the next screen. To navigate the pavilions and pavilions, I have to swipe from right to left rather than just clicking. I think the webpage itself is just glitchy. Also, it is slow to load - it might be working on your Blackberry but just slowly. I would advise patience!

Good to know...thanks for the advice. Hopefully it will improve!?

I feel bad for Cat Cora. She probably isn't in the mood to be a celebrity chef at WDW right now, and has no idea if she will be in the mood in a month.

And I feel bad for the WDW CMs that are getting these phone calls. Pretty sure they know even less. Hope they decide on a standard answer soon.

Taking the prices posted in the above link:

There are 181 items (54 food, 17 dessert, 40 wine, 39 beer) on the Marketplace menus this year. If you bought 1 of everything, it would cost $861.90.

Last year, if you bought one of everything at each of the booths, the cost was $715. (2009 was $819, 2008 was $728). The numbers only included the smaller beers (if there was a choice).

Out of the above numbers:
2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011
food: $201.65 / $245.50 / $219.95 / $226.55
dessert: $52.00 / $49.25 / $46.45 / $44.90
wine: $221.00 / $199.50 / $152.60 / $139.95
beer: $140.00 / $173.25 / $125.70 / $227.5

The jump in beer cost is mostly due to having only one size to buy this year (according to the web site). For the previous years, the costs were based on the smaller sizes.

Ed

No lack of knowledge..most "apps" are just mobile websites anyway.

Well I have NUMEROUS apps that don't require an internet connection. IMHO that's what makes this Disney "link" kind of useless. I like Apps that don't require an internet connection. Especially when it's for a place that won't bother to install a wifi network! :rotfl2:

There are 181 items (54 food, 17 dessert, 40 wine, 39 beer) on the Marketplace menus this year. If you bought 1 of everything, it would cost $861.90.

Last year, if you bought one of everything at each of the booths, the cost was $715. (2009 was $819, 2008 was $728). The numbers only included the smaller beers (if there was a choice).

The jump in beer cost is mostly due to having only one size to buy this year (according to the web site). For the previous years, the costs were based on the smaller sizes.

Ed

Thanks for the crunching!
Even with the $12 a 'pop' on the Moet Chandon, wine is still the least expensive it's been in the 4 years. Don't know if that means less drinkable quality wines or not. Time will tell. ;)

No lack of knowledge..most "apps" are just mobile websites anyway.

Well be careful what you say, you will get scolded.

The info is slow on my phone so who knows if it will even work, when we are all trying to use it?

Ed

Thanks for the analysis. I estimated when the booth lists came out but I estimated high. Good to know, since we plan to try one of everything. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter