**2011** Epcot Food & Wine Festival HAS ENDED. 2012 Festival 9/28 - 11/11

Assuming the WDW website is up to date (huge assumption on my part), the only Signature dinners that are full are Wave, V&A, Citricos, Brown Derby and Flying Fish (Kouzzina isn't even listed or at least I couldn't find it).
WVL is sold out except for the last PftS but none of the reserved sections for the 3D Dessert are.
The new Healthy dinner is sold out, but other than the chocolate, Italian food+wine and Grand Marnier events, there might be a lot more availability than I would have expected 1 week before kickoff.

Is this pretty consistent with previous years and/or is there usually a lot of walkups?

I wonder why the Cat Cora Kouzzina Dinners aren't posted any longer? Last time I looked 4 out of the 6 were sold out.

In previous years I would guess 80% of the signature dinners were sold out within the first week of sales. Not so this year. Walk-ups were rare finds. Disney prices flew over our budget this year. I think that is because we feel value for the money is out of proportion this year.

Apparently all the Kouzzina dinners are sold out. That may be why they are not appearing any longer. I'm not betting on the list they posted being totally accurate, either.

The $150 Kitchen Memories event with Cat Cora now has TBA next to it.

I wonder who they will replace it with (If Andrew Zimmern, I'll be all over that)

Well, if she is cancelling her appearances, we should be hearing about it soon.

In previous years it seemed if you didn't book first week (or even first day) chances were you'd be shut out. Nothing is inexpensive, and I suspect people are thinking more about what they will do, rather than booking everything they can.

We booked many deminars, and now that some of the TBAs have been updated that they're pork or beef, I have to see if we can cancel or switch (neither DH or I eat those). In years past we've done that during our visit, but this year we are getting the informaiton earlier so can maybe take care of it earlier and open up those seats for someone else.

About the signature dinners, I was going to take my mom to the best of bocuse dinner at bistro de paris. It is only a 5 course meal (yeah, I know I said only), Then I saw the menu and I just thought it seemed dull for the price. I am sure the wines will be amazing and you do get a cookbook, but whew $245.00 pp. um no. Having said that I do hope that a review is posted on these boards.

Well, if she is cancelling her appearances, we should be hearing about it soon.

I agree that it's beginning to look like Cat won't be appearing.
I tried all day to get through to the TiW office to ask. It just kept going to voice mail. Rather than leave a voice mail, I'll email this weekend and see what kind of response I get.
I called the regular reservation line to see if they had any notes regarding it, but they don't seem to have any updated information.

Kinda late in the game for her to cancel. Feel bad for those that bought specifically for her!

It has been confirmed that Cat Cora will not be appearing at the festival. The only thing I've seen about the events is that you will be contacted if you have a reservation for her Kitchen Memories. I did not see anything about the signature dinners or lunch. Personally I can't believe that they would go on with the signatures without offering refunds.

It has been confirmed that Cat Cora will not be appearing at the festival. The only thing I've seen about the events is that you will be contacted if you have a reservation for her Kitchen Memories. I did not see anything about the signature dinners or lunch. Personally I can't believe that they would go on with the signatures without offering refunds.

They may still have them and just have the normal Kouzzina chef give them - but I know I'll be asking for a refund for my date. I wouldn't normally pay $150 for a dinner, even a signature dinner at a restaurant I love. The only reason I justified it to my family was that it was dinner with Cat Cora. Maybe if they reduced the price, but I doubt they would since the other signature meals are about that much as well.

I'm surprised she's cancelling...the obit shows a date of death as Sept 1st.

Maybe she's having a real hard time with it :(

i'm currently in the midst of a ridiculous conversation with WDW-DINE where they are telling me the only event cancelled is the October 28th Kitchen Memories and anyone who booked that is being contacted, but then they said we are able to cancel any event hosted by Cat Cora, so do I want to cancel.

My response: If she's not going to be there, yes. If she's going to be there, no.

Her response: The advisory just says that she is cancelling kitchen memories on october 28th due to a conflict.

My response: If that is true, why am I able to cancel a signature dining event on October 25th?

Her response: The advisory says you are allowed to.

After much hold time, all she could do was read the press release repeatedly and had no response to me saying Disney should update its website to be a little clearer around what was going on since the Signature Dining events are no longer listed on the food and wine fest page for this event.
Rather infuriating!

I'm surprised she's cancelling...the obit shows a date of death as Sept 1st.

Maybe she's having a real hard time with it :(

Regardless of the emotional issues, my FIL passed in December of 2009 and while we dragged our feet in dealing with packing up his house, we finally started on it over six months ago. Just having the estate sale and now remodeling it as a rental unit has been quite a PITA.

However regardless of all that, I am now considering restaurants at DTD for an alternative dining choice provided they are offering refunds. I did not pay $150 pp for a non celebrity chef dinner. Now if they substituted Michael Selakis (sp?) or Michael Symon or even Mario Batali :rotfl:

Thank you for the smartphone info. It is going to be so much fun to check off my favorites and share with those playing along at home!

So we had the Cat Cora brunch and we just got a call from Disney dining that it's cancelled. No replacement event. Apparently they are doing a replacement for Kitchen Memories.

Anyone know what isn't sold out that weekend?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter