• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2011/2012 Beach & Yacht FAQ, Part IV- DO NOT POST- see new 2012 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a year of no Disney, :confused3, we went to that other place in Orlando last year, we are returning to Disney this July and back to the Beach Club. I just got caught up on this thread after not following for awhile and then just checking in on occasion.

After reading all the posts I am looking forward to my planning over the next 4 months and following along with all of the posts. I have always found this thread to be very entertaining, informative and friendly.

Just checking in with everyone on the BC/YC thread.

We are at the YC now and it is wonderful!!!

It is so nice here and everyone on the CL has been amazing. We wandered over to meet Teena this morning which was a nice start to the day. Great to meet you, Teena!

It rained most of the day but we still had a good time. Spent the morning at the Premium Outlet mall and the evening at MK.

The wi-fi is a bit slow and I have to share the iPad with the boys, so I may not get many chances to post but I will do a report on my return.

P.S. the pool is open there is just construction in the area. I would not change resorts because of it (that's just crazy talk) :)

Linda: Yep, I'd say I definately get it!!! I wish I could pack up and move there (and yes I am completely serious) I'm so happy that you decided to call and check on a room.

Your story made me smile this morning.................this would make a GREAT MOVIE on Lifetime.

Be sure and take some pics for the rest of us stuck at home, working, cleaning, running the kids around.......

I first thought it got deleted, then blamed the clocks. I wish we would change the clocks 30 minutes and never change them again! I am too tired for this! :rotfl:

Oh and my reply was buy the shoes now to break them in.

They had black, gray and a bright blue. I wanted taupe/beige. But I might settle for the gray...except they didn't have them in my size. I will be buying them in the next couple of months to wear them for the summer, but I bought 2 other pairs of sandals so I decided to wait on those...just in case they come in another color.

Thank you for the suggestion..the funny thing is the CM acutally suggested the YC - but for some reason I felt like with kids (10 & 8) the Beach Club was a better fit..not quite sure why? Plus I was concerned the YC was much further away from the pool and Epcot. I apologize for not knowing what I am talking about ;) - I am embarassed to say after our many trips, I have never been to that area of the World.

Thank you for your response. :goodvibes Ground floor, view or balcony doesn't really matter to us...just close to lobby and or pool is what we are looking for. I will call tomorrow and add that to our reservation.

My daughter started going to YC when she was 9 and she prefers YC over BC. To her, to me - there are a lot of SMALL toddler kids at the BC. Family friendly, etc. At YC I am sure there were toddlers as well we just didn't HEAR them quite so well!:goodvibes YC is absoluteely family friendly. And the distance to SAB is nill. Pool is in front of both hotels. I sort of think it is closer to YC but could be the angle I look at it too...At any rate, honestly if you can get a room you like better, I would do that. To me, the rate between a standard and garden is like 11 a night and you are PROMISED a balcony at Yc and if you have a pretty garden to look at, all the better!!! Sort of gives you extended living space. DD and I are out there every evening with our tea and dessert and admire the lagoon and boardwalk...ahhhh

In fact I call WDW daily to try to add a day on to my Poly stay and see if YC CL GV opened to switch from BC CL GV!!!! I will love either or I am sure but initially I couldn't get YC CL GV and I refuse to pay that rate to look at a parking lot....sooooo BC CL GV here I come!

:welcome: kingofthedonuts to the DIS and this thread.

Here are my comments on your questions:

Yes, there are standard view rooms that have full balconies, so that is a reasonable request.

I think that Near SAB and Near EPCOT are conflicting requests- do you agree Teena, or am off base here? I suppose that could place you in a room in between the two.

And 10 points to Amanda, the room clocks do have iPod docks. I believe that is true of all room categories (regular and CL).

If you would like to be added to the Be Our Guest list on page one, let us know your check in and check out dates.

Dee

Many thanks for everyone's helpful advice.

Yes please add me to the Guest List. We are staying at BC 5/26 - 6/9, and I am counting down the days, if not the hours......

SAB SLIDE is down 4/9 - 4/23 saw in mousesaveres newsletter in case it hasn't been posted here yet. Can use BWI pool slide if yo want

I just posted a new thread this morning about the SAB refurb.. I called BC over the weekend and spoke to 2 different cast men bears. I was told that the refurbs are being done now and started on 3/9 and should be done within a couple of weeks.. Has anyone else had this confirmed?

Theres a new thread for YC/BC, and lots of info there.

PS. Did you use Siri for that post? Bc "cast men bears" is a hilarious autocorrect!

Theres a new thread for YC/BC, and lots of info there.

PS. Did you use Siri for that post? Bc "cast men bears" is a hilarious autocorrect!

Lol.. No I just didn't read my post before I posted it.. Hysterical.. Where can I find the new info ? Because in seriously I thinking of alternative plans if the pool is closed..

Sorry about the confusion with the threads. Click on the link in my signature to get to the new thread.

Lots of info/discussion about the slide/pool closure going on.

Hi Dee When I PM'd you I wrote a small book :rotfl:
I'm gonna shorten it this time. ;)
I had an interview scheduled yesterday at 11. I got a phone call at 8:30 am from a principal I worked briefly for last year under a grant. He told me he had a long term sub position- the bonus was no interview and I start tomorrow! Well that was a no brainer :laughing:
I told him yes and called the school where I was supposed to interview for- left a message for the principal to call me back. I really wanted to let her know why and that I was still interested if something permanent came up in the fall. She was very understanding.
I can't believe how excited I am over a sub job but I guess that's understandable, and I really like this school- it was hard to leave last year. The woman I'm subbing for called me last night to tell me how happy she was that I was taking over for her. I thought that was so nice!!
Well there's the news of the day. Won't be on the DIS as often anymore :( It'll be harder to catch up.

ttys
Deb :)

:yay: for a B and not a D!!!!!!
What's wrong with that school? Don't they know how to plan a trip?:laughing: Hope you have a meeting soon.
Congrats to both boys- good report cards!!!

EDIT! My DS14 got his grades today too! We are so proud of him- high honors again
Science A-
History B+
English A
Math B-
Portuguese B+
Graphics Engineering A-
Web Design B
Health A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter