• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2011/2012 Beach & Yacht FAQ, Part IV- DO NOT POST- see new 2012 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
movingbuddy.jpg

Woody: Has everybody picked a moving buddy?

Hamm: Moving buddy? You can't be serious!

Rex: I didn't know we were supposed to have one already!

OK folks, I think tomorrow is the day. I am going to try to get a new thread started tomorrow morning since we are approaching that 250 page threshold.

I'll post a link to the new address at the end of this thread when I am done.

I don't want any toys left behind!

Yay let's go!!! Thanks Dee for being such a great thread taker carer :worship:!!!

~Nannette

:mic:Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks. I don't care if I ever get back...:mic:

Getting close Nannette. Your Yanks took out my Braves yesterday at WDW but it's still great that it's that time of year. You enjoy your trip and have plenty of fun for all of us. :wave2:

(Hope your foot does OK too!)

Thanks Mike! I can't wait to get there! I did see the Yanks beat the Braves, but I totally forgot they played at Disney! Next year I'll have to look into catching that game!

~Nannette

Oh my gosh!!! Packing things up for the big thread move sure is keeping me busy!!

Zac Efron is at the pool showing off his luscious ab's, Matthew Mcconaughey is picking up a "to go" order for Grey Goose Slushies in France and Johnny Depp is making cow eyes at the 'kitchen sink' in Beaches and Cream. I can't get David Beckham off of the volleyball court and Robert Pattenson won't come out of the fantasy suite until it gets dark out!!

Has anybody seen the bounceback clock? (Not the one in the rooms but the one that tells you how much of a rest you need from Disney before you are ready to go back....

I think I'm going to have to get Matt Dillion to sit on my suitcase and get it to close....

~Marlton Mom

I absolutely loved The Poly, but if I had to choose, I'd pick BC hands down! I feel "at home" in the Epcot Resort Area & BC is so close to Epcot, you just can't beat it. Illuminations is my very favorite thing in WDW, and being able to wak there in less than 5 min. & then back is just pure perfection.

Tara, I always vote for APs. :) Last time we got APs, we initially planned 2 trips and that turned into four. We're getting them again next month - again, planning two trips.

And I'm with you on the Epcot area and Illuminations. I grew up staying at Poly and absolutely love it, but since I've always been an Epcot girl, Illuminations and a 5-minute walk home works perfectly!

Good Morning Yacht & Beach Club lovers....hockey season is over & I have a lot to catch up on this thread!

HockeyMom, so good to see you! :)

Hey everyone! Dh and I just returned from 7 nights at POFQ last night, but instead of being sad about being home we are really excited that we booked the bounce back offer in our room for the BEACH CLUB! We will be there Oct 27 to Nov 3! We cant wait to enjoy the food and wine festival again. We have not made it down in the fall since 2009 and I cant wait to read this whole thread!

Disneylover83, welcome! Hope you love BC as much as we do! We're doing a split between POFQ and YC the week after Easter and would love to hear your thought regarding your recent POFQ stay!

Dealt with BC IPO last night and got a fabulous response, so quick. Decided on the gift baskets and ordered stuff from the Disney store online to be delivered to them for me. HAD to add a Disney t-shirt for me to get free shipping. LOL

Just asked DS if he would rather be closer to SAB or have an Epcot view, and he said, "Epcot view. DUH!" :lmao: That's my boy!

Will IPO add that to my room request, or will I have to call Guest relations directly? Don't want to overwhelm IPO with too much stuff.

Feckless, so glad everything is working out with IPO - I love them! When we made room requests last time, we found IPO was very helpful with them. I could have called CRO, but a quick e-mail to IPO seemed to work just as well and I always felt comfortable that they would have it covered.

We always found that it's still easy to get to SAB even when our room is located close to Epcot. We just went out the secret entrance and followed the path along Crescent Lake to SAB (instead of winding through the corridors and going through the lobby.)

Are they doing hair wrapping at the Yacht Club/Beach Club these days?

If yes - where? Near Stormalong Bay?

If no - what about at the Boardwalk?

This might be long, but I wanted to share what I did this morning with people who understand! I haven't posted in a long time but I have been lurking, and I know you will be nodding your heads....

We are in Orlando for my daughter's college lacrosse Spring Break tournament. It's my husband and I and our 21 year old son. OUr daughter is staying with her team through Friday. As we will be going to games and such, we didn't make this an 'official" Disney vacation, and decided to stay with her team and our other friends at a condo off site. Our friends are leaving on Wednesday morning, so we decided to stay at Disney from Wednesday through Friday and at least get some park time in, alone.

We have stayed at the Beach Club several times, last time in summer 2010, and were magically upgraded to Club Level for the week (thanks, Teena!) It was the trip of a lifetime, and I think about it everyday. However, after looking at the prices, and with it being spring break week, we just couldn't swing it. After much debate we decided to stay at the Caribbean Beach (our honeymoon spot) as we really needed to save money.

I had a day to myself today, no games, and decided ahead of time to go to Epcot for the day. My husband dropped me off at the Boardwalk at 7:30, and I walked through the Inn. Just seeing the Beach Club made me so happy!!! I walked around, and as I had plenty of time, decided to stroll through the Beach Club. As soon as I turned the corner near the quiet pool, I got teary...! I was so excited to be there, as I have such great memories. Entering the lobby, it hit me....that Smell! What IS that? It's so awesome! I looked through the gift shop,and actually purchased tickets at the concierge desk, even though I wasn't' a guest, they were so nice! I sat down in the lobby, watched some people checking in, and decided...I stood up, and walked over to the registration desk. I asked a super sweet guy if there was any availability for this week...I can't tell you how my heart was hammering, and he said NO. Ugh. He said I might have better luck calling reservations. As I walked away, I was rationalizing that I was better off anyway. I sat down again, looked around the lobby (didn't see you Teena, was going to commiserate with you!) and decided to call anyway.

Well, guess what! They found a standard room for two nights, I threw my budget out the window, and now we are staying at the BC! I think we probably have a view of the dumpster, ha ha, but I don't care. I honestly felt like the rest of my week would have been a little bit of a let down if I didn't switch.

I called my husband and told him what I had done, and I could just hear him smiling as he said...you should have just done that in the first place!

Just wanted to share my happiness and excitement with people who "get it"!!

Linda

This might be long, but I wanted to share what I did this morning with people who understand! I haven't posted in a long time but I have been lurking, and I know you will be nodding your heads....

We are in Orlando for my daughter's college lacrosse Spring Break tournament. It's my husband and I and our 21 year old son. OUr daughter is staying with her team through Friday. As we will be going to games and such, we didn't make this an 'official" Disney vacation, and decided to stay with her team and our other friends at a condo off site. Our friends are leaving on Wednesday morning, so we decided to stay at Disney from Wednesday through Friday and at least get some park time in, alone.

We have stayed at the Beach Club several times, last time in summer 2010, and were magically upgraded to Club Level for the week (thanks, Teena!) It was the trip of a lifetime, and I think about it everyday. However, after looking at the prices, and with it being spring break week, we just couldn't swing it. After much debate we decided to stay at the Caribbean Beach (our honeymoon spot) as we really needed to save money.

I had a day to myself today, no games, and decided ahead of time to go to Epcot for the day. My husband dropped me off at the Boardwalk at 7:30, and I walked through the Inn. Just seeing the Beach Club made me so happy!!! I walked around, and as I had plenty of time, decided to stroll through the Beach Club. As soon as I turned the corner near the quiet pool, I got teary...! I was so excited to be there, as I have such great memories. Entering the lobby, it hit me....that Smell! What IS that? It's so awesome! I looked through the gift shop,and actually purchased tickets at the concierge desk, even though I wasn't' a guest, they were so nice! I sat down in the lobby, watched some people checking in, and decided...I stood up, and walked over to the registration desk. I asked a super sweet guy if there was any availability for this week...I can't tell you how my heart was hammering, and he said NO. Ugh. He said I might have better luck calling reservations. As I walked away, I was rationalizing that I was better off anyway. I sat down again, looked around the lobby (didn't see you Teena, was going to commiserate with you!) and decided to call anyway.

Well, guess what! They found a standard room for two nights, I threw my budget out the window, and now we are staying at the BC! I think we probably have a view of the dumpster, ha ha, but I don't care. I honestly felt like the rest of my week would have been a little bit of a let down if I didn't switch.

I called my husband and told him what I had done, and I could just hear him smiling as he said...you should have just done that in the first place!

Linda

Hi Linda,
I was there ... but I don't get out to the lobby until 9:30.
Anyway, soooo happy for you that you are coming "home" to us. Although I won't see you since it's not a Sunday or Monday, I'll be thinking about you.
Have a fantastic time!
Hugs,
Teena

Just wanted you to know that I totally get it! Have been proud BCV owners since 2003! Have stayed other places within WDW and have been happy, just not as elated as coming "home"! This trip is our DD18's graduation trip. We didn't even have to ask her where she wanted to stay! She said to me the other day, "Mom, you know on Splash Mountain just before you make the big climb and the two ravens say,' I've got your laughing place right here'? Well, thinking about being at the Beach Club is making me laugh inside right now!" Of course, next came comment, "Can we just go today?"

Beach Club Villas is definitely my laughing (happy) place! :love:

Linda

Yes, YES we DO understand!! A week or so ago I was staying at ASMO for a 5 day solo trip and it just about killed me when I came home to the BC/YC for Dinner at the Captain's Grille on the first night of my ASMO stay. By the time my 5th day rolled around at ASMO I was so exhausted and I needed a good, solid breakfast and a nice comfy chair to rest in after that meal. Captain's Grille to the rescue AGAIN!

It's funny about that smell... I never noticed it when I stayed last June but it was calling my name during my all too brief stops in to the resort!!

I booked a bounceback for Dec 9th at POFQ. If and only if we have the money, we'll go and everybody in the family is hoping that we can turn things around and upgrade that trip to the BC!

Thanks for preaching to the choir and amen sistah!

~Marlton Mom

Great move Linda. That deserves a :banana::banana::banana:. Just think. Last night when you went to bed you were staying at CBR and now BEACH CLUB here you come!

Aw Linda that is awesome! I totally get it! In fact last year we won a FREE Trip to disney and I ended up vacating my POFQ room the last 2 nights of the free trip and paid out of pocket for YC CL. (I had planned it all along but POFQ was actually quite lovely!). Point is, it was HARD to be at disney and not be at BC/YC. I couldn't do it!!!! Back we come in June - this time to the BC side instead of YC......

So we are currently booked for our very first stay at BC for this May/June - :banana::banana: The only thing available with the discounted rate is a Standard View - Having never stepped foot on the Beach Club property, we happily booked it. :goodvibes After doing some research, we called to see if we could upgrade to a Garden View...of course there is nothing available with our discount..the next level up is a water view..which is a wee bit more than we were hoping to spend. ...so my question is this...

We are not super concerned with what we see when we look out..nor are we even super concerned about having a full balcony...But we are a little concerned about the location of the room in terms of the pool and walk to Epcot. When we spoke to the CM on the phone, they gave us the impression that the standard rooms were a gazillion miles away from everything. We have a special needs peep, so I am a little concerned about being so far away.

1. Is there a specific area to request for a standard room in terms of location? or 2. should we spend the extra for the water view to guarentee a more convienent location?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated?:flower3:

I have no idea of when the rehab at SAB will be done. However, we do rehab every year and only a third of SAB is closed at a time. And if the large slide is ever closed, we run golf carts for guests to take them over to the slide at BW. To keep a three acre water park pool with sand on the bottom working, scheduled rehab is done yearly. Sometimes they are done early, sometimes on schedule and sometimes later. But in the eight years I've been there, they always have two-thirds of SAB open at all times during rehab.

If you get to Y&B and the rehab of SAB is making you really upset, just go to the front desk and tell them you can't handle it and want to be moved to another resort. If there is availability, they will gladly do that for you.

Every resort and every pool at WDW goes through extensive rehab. It is the only way to keep the resorts and pools beautiful and operating. Unfortunately that means that people will experience a resort with rehab going on. It's really very rare that you don't see something being worked on everywhere you go. How else would WDW be so beautiful all the time?

Even with one third of SAB down, I'll take SAB over any other pool at WDW any day. JMO.

Teena, thanks for your reassuring words. We'll be there in four days and I too was concerned about the pool. When you put it the way you did about 1/3 of it being down and 2/3 of it being up that made me feel better. I guess it looks worse in the pictures than it really is. Hope to see you when we're there. I am so excited beyond words. We've been to WDW the past several years in February. The last two in particular were cold (even for us Wisconsinites) and the forecast looks spectacular. Spring break or not, crowds or not, 70-degrees here or not (yes, it will be 70 the day we leave Wisconsin), we can't wait to get there.

So we are currently booked for our very first stay at BC for this May/June - :banana::banana: The only thing available with the discounted rate is a Standard View - Having never stepped foot on the Beach Club property, we happily booked it. :goodvibes After doing some research, we called to see if we could upgrade to a Garden View...of course there is nothing available with our discount..the next level up is a water view..which is a wee bit more than we were hoping to spend. ...so my question is this...

We are not super concerned with what we see when we look out..nor are we even super concerned about having a full balcony...But we are a little concerned about the location of the room in terms of the pool and walk to Epcot. When we spoke to the CM on the phone, they gave us the impression that the standard rooms were a gazillion miles away from everything. We have a special needs peep, so I am a little concerned about being so far away.

1. Is there a specific area to request for a standard room in terms of location? or 2. should we spend the extra for the water view to guarentee a more convienent location?

We have stayed at the YC the last 3 summers - have you considered that if you prefer a garden view? Resorts really are identical, just different decor! In fact THIS summer I am trying BC b/c YC was not available for me! :) For me, personally, a good view is important - I love YC gazebo garden view. I don't know about the BC standard rooms but from how I envision the YC, nothing is crazy far from anything. Not the way the CM is making it sound anyway. I know someone else will be able to assist you on an exact location but standard rooms but I wouldn't fret distance too much.

No, standard view does not mean you will necessarily be far away from everything. It refers only to the view (parking lot or roof tops). So make a request that is "Close to lobby/Close to Stormalong Bay" if you don't care about the balcony.

Would you prefer a room on the ground floor or low floor? You could add that request.

Finally, I don't know much about disabilities requests, but you may want to mention any special needs accomodations or perhaps go over to the DISabilities thread on this board for additional info

Linda

Gotta add Linda to the Be Our Guest list, STAT!

We have stayed at the YC the last 3 summers - have you considered that if you prefer a garden view? Resorts really are identical, just different decor! In fact THIS summer I am trying BC b/c YC was not available for me! :) For me, personally, a good view is important - I love YC gazebo garden view. I don't know about the BC standard rooms but from how I envision the YC, nothing is crazy far from anything. Not the way the CM is making it sound anyway. I know someone else will be able to assist you on an exact location but standard rooms but I wouldn't fret distance too much.

Thank you for the suggestion..the funny thing is the CM acutally suggested the YC - but for some reason I felt like with kids (10 & 8) the Beach Club was a better fit..not quite sure why? Plus I was concerned the YC was much further away from the pool and Epcot. I apologize for not knowing what I am talking about ;) - I am embarassed to say after our many trips, I have never been to that area of the World.

No, standard view does not mean you will necessarily be far away from everything. It refers only to the view (parking lot or roof tops). So make a request that is "Close to lobby/Close to Stormalong Bay" if you don't care about the balcony.

Would you prefer a room on the ground floor or low floor? You could add that request.

Finally, I don't know much about disabilities requests, but you may want to mention any special needs accomodations or perhaps go over to the DISabilities thread on this board for additional info

Thank you for your response. :goodvibes Ground floor, view or balcony doesn't really matter to us...just close to lobby and or pool is what we are looking for. I will call tomorrow and add that to our reservation.

I noticed it was missing this morning too and I was thinking "did someone delete it?" And I was so ridiculously tired that I didn't even think that it might be have something to do with Daylight Savings.

I first thought it got deleted, then blamed the clocks. I wish we would change the clocks 30 minutes and never change them again! I am too tired for this! :rotfl:

Oh and my reply was buy the shoes now to break them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter