2010 dISBrides what have you planned?

Hello 2010 Brides. I too am getting married hopefully in 1/2010 on DCL. I am pretty much in the begining stages of planning. I have a lot down on paper but like another future bride stated you don't want to get your hopes up. Good luck planning to all of you.

We are hoping we can get April 19, 2010! I'm already thinking of ideas and getting plenty from the boards here. My sisters and i are VERY creative so i'll have plenty of help getting things made and put together! One question though, does anybody know if we can bring our own decorations for the wedding pavillion (pew bows, etc) Also, we are considering a reception at Seven Seas... can we make our own centerpieces and bring them with? TIA! :flower3:

I don't think you can. I saw something somewhere that said that the floral stuff has to be provided by Disney florists but I could be wrong, as right now I can not remember where that somewhere was. :confused3

Yeah! I'm not the only one!!!

Everything is planned I just need a ring and a dress...long story...

I tell people I have the pop up wedding...He asks, I make a phone call and POP! It's all done!

Isn't the planning part of the fun? I love to search and search the internet for cakes, flowers, invatations and everything.

Hi all!! Yay I am so excited!! My DF and I are planning on 12-11-10 at the WP and then maybe the GF for the reception but I'm, I mean we hehe are still deciding :rotfl2: I guess I should start a PJ. Looking forward to reading all the details of everyone's planning!!

Oooo our VR will hopefully be 12/16 (our anniversary day). Do you have a theme? I don't really, but the colors will be white and red. I really want it to be "clean" with a lot of white and the red accents for a pop of color. I kind of want a slight Christmas feel but not overwhelmingly Christmas.

we are planning for a VR in 2010 and since it is still too early to call,but getting closer I am keeping busy with projects. My newest attempt is a photoguest book, other brides have used them and I thought they were awesome! I am doing a through the years idea starting with pics from our wedding and then hm- our first disney trip and then adding additional pics from our many disney trips since of us, and family with us. My 2 dds are helping pick pics. I have only started finding old pics , scanning them etc and just plan to do a basic sized book( most seem to be about 20 pages) but it has been a neat project so far. It is time consuming though. I will share the final result(hopefully it will all come together). I never realized how many disney pics we have...:eek:

:goodvibes Lovely plans everyone! Even though I'm not officially engaged yet, we've both discussed getting married hopefully in 2011 and we are definately honeymooning in disneyworld for at last part of the holiday! :thumbsup2

Would love a disney wedding, but not sure what future DF would say! We will have to wait and see.. until then I'll get excited through all of you!:hug:

Hi all!! Yay I am so excited!! My DF and I are planning on 12-11-10 at the WP and then maybe the GF for the reception but I'm, I mean we hehe are still deciding :rotfl2: I guess I should start a PJ. Looking forward to reading all the details of everyone's planning!!

I can't wait to hear more about your plans. When you do start a PJ please post the link so I can subscribe. :) I have thought of starting one but I know since it is so far away it would be hit and miss on keeping up with it so I haven't decided yet. Although I would love feedback on some of the things I am considering so I might just do it.

Hello 2010 Brides. I too am getting married hopefully in 1/2010 on DCL. I am pretty much in the begining stages of planning. I have a lot down on paper but like another future bride stated you don't want to get your hopes up. Good luck planning to all of you.

Since yours will be Januray you can call soon can't you? or does DCL have a different timeframe? Unfortunately I have to wait about a year before I can even do site visits but I plan on visiting some of the outdoor places on my trip in two weeks just to get a feel of what I like and what I don't like in person.

we are planning for a VR in 2010 and since it is still too early to call,but getting closer I am keeping busy with projects. My newest attempt is a photoguest book, other brides have used them and I thought they were awesome! I am doing a through the years idea starting with pics from our wedding and then hm- our first disney trip and then adding additional pics from our many disney trips since of us, and family with us. My 2 dds are helping pick pics. I have only started finding old pics , scanning them etc and just plan to do a basic sized book( most seem to be about 20 pages) but it has been a neat project so far. It is time consuming though. I will share the final result(hopefully it will all come together). I never realized how many disney pics we have...:eek:

I have seen some of the guestbooks and they are adorable. I had kind of thought of doing one but if I had to do 20 pages and we are only going to have about 20 to 25 guests it might be a bit more than I would need. Unless I do several pages of just pictures.

I can't wait to see how yours comes out

summerirmoma23 with regards to your post about a reception and DP in the same place...

... it is doable as i have spoken to disney already... in the case of my chosen venue UK lower terrace there is a $325 site rental fee and a $75 set up fee for tables and chairs... epcot reception venues can only offer buffet style receptions, not plated style ones and then they would set the DP up after the reception (which of course is paid for seperately).

HTH

Oooo our VR will hopefully be 12/16 (our anniversary day). Do you have a theme? I don't really, but the colors will be white and red. I really want it to be "clean" with a lot of white and the red accents for a pop of color. I kind of want a slight Christmas feel but not overwhelmingly Christmas.

We were thinking a brown with icy blue, thinking of a winter wonder land of some sort, can't wait to hear more details!

we originally had thought we would just do an escape VR so I played around with ideas for save the dates( which I will still use...) this is what I came up with. I got the note cards from ebay and then just printed them and the magnet at home....sorry the pics aren't so clear

the outside
048.jpg

the inside.... intro poem on one side magnet on other
050.jpg

the insert vellum sheet has same image as magnet only as a watermark( but you can't see it)

Wow, I LOVE your save the date cards!!!!!! :lovestruc
If you don't mind, I just might use that phrase on ours as well!

Wow, I LOVE your save the date cards!!!!!! :lovestruc
If you don't mind, I just might use that phrase on ours as well!

Thank you. I liked how they came out.I know I borrowed the phrase from other brides.... several have or will be using it! good luck with all your plans. look forward to hearing more....:goodvibes

:goodvibes Lovely plans everyone! Even though I'm not officially engaged yet, we've both discussed getting married hopefully in 2011 and we are definately honeymooning in disneyworld for at last part of the holiday! :thumbsup2

Haha, ditto! DBF and I are practically engaged (He just bought the ring, yay! I know because we chose it together and he picked it up from the store the other day), I just have to wait for him to ask. Could be months, though. He's fully intent on surprising me! But we're hoping for a 2011 DFTW :yay: .

I love to read about everyone's different plans for their weddings and vow renewals. You're all so creative! It's crazy how quickly the time flies. When I first joined these boards, brides like Lynn and Vanessa were doing their early planning, and now they're married!

Can't wait for more PJs and details!! :banana:

yeahhhh! a 2010 wedding thread wahoo! :cool1:

We are hoping to be married on 26th May 2010 at the wedding pavillion, followed by a reception at the UK lochside terrace with a dessert party to follow!

Nothing booked yet as i am still 2 years out but i am vacationing in Florida late sept so am hoping to visit the wedding pavillion in all it's glory.

As this will be the last time i go to florida before the wedding (live in England) i am undecided as to whether i should book a hair and make up trial... just to see how i get on with the make-up artist/stylist more than anything else. What are your thoughts on that? Way too early?

I have however managed to book my reception in England for our return so we can party with everyone who cant come. That is booked for Saturday 19th June 2010 at a local Golf club... the room is beautiful i really cant wait.

Im dying to do more but Disney wont speak to me until November (we are having a wishes wedding) so all we can do is save our pennies at the moment!

Nicola

Definately do a hair and makeup trial before hand infact book one or two, this way you will know who you want to choose. I chose Valencia of Valenica Salon and spa on wheels, I thought she was great!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lauren

I love these sparkles, Do you know if Disney can do the sparkles on cakes?

I figured with doing the small crafty items I wanted that would keep me busy until I can really get things started with disney.....good luck with your plans

I'm hoping to start all my crafty things soon too, its seems like a lifetime until our planning session (its only 6 months away) think I would be ready to burst if it was 2010 - just think though, you shouldn't be too stressed because you will be able to space out all of your planning, or do you have it planned already :rolleyes1

LINZ :)

I'm hoping to start all my crafty things soon too, its seems like a lifetime until our planning session (its only 6 months away) think I would be ready to burst if it was 2010 - just think though, you shouldn't be too stressed because you will be able to space out all of your planning, or do you have it planned already :rolleyes1

LINZ :)
I have a lot of ideas for the extras and I have had fun planning/working on those.....:goodvibes

I am fairly certain they can. There was a thread awhile back where brides posted their disney cakes and one of them did have sparkles on it. I don't think it is a big deal since it is just sugar crystals.

I have a lot of ideas for the extras and I have had fun planning/working on those.....:goodvibes

I have started planning my ideas too. I figure the more I can do myself the more money I can save and the more time I have to plan the more I can do myself. :thumbsup2

Definately do a hair and makeup trial before hand infact book one or two, this way you will know who you want to choose. I chose Valencia of Valenica Salon and spa on wheels, I thought she was great!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lauren

so you dont think having a trial 2 years before isnt silly?

would the vendor mind doing this knowing that i couldnt book them straight away?

Yep! Like on a extending our trip :thumbsup2
:goodvibes Sounds good to me! what kind of craft items do you plan on making? I would love to hear your ideas!:goodvibes I have a couple different things I am and have been working on.... a mickey head fan template, petal cones( which may opt out of and just have disney do depending on price),a photo guest book which I have actually started collecting/ scanning the pictures for from our wedding, special t shirts designs( which we always do for our trips) and a few other ideas brewing too....:goodvibes

I have started to collect and scan pics from our wedding/honeymoon(our first wdw trip) through today from all past trips and trying to organize them into a photo guest book for our VR. I never realized how many disney pic we have, but anyhow here is a picture of the cover I think I will use use....
guestbookpic.jpg

The book will be 20 pages with padded cover. the cover and the pages are a pale blue with faint yellow stars .....inside will be pictures from all our trips with us, family and friends.This is def. still a work in progress.Any thoughts ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter