2009 ~~ Project 365 Progress

I am pretty much current again.

Any word on next year? Is CK offering this again? Does anyone plan to do it again?

don't think I'll do it again next year although it has been entertaining. I am at least still pretty much caught up. :)

whooohoo... into the home stretch! how's everyone doing?

I have Aug/Sept/Oct kitted and ready to go.. I have photos being printed...but I have everything ready to just attach photos..... :) :woohoo: :yay:

Next week is an easy week as it is DD's birthday week...and Friday is a big day.. SWEET 16!!!!!!

As for next year, I'm going to just do a monthly family photo... I'm picking a date and every month on that date regardless of what is going on, where, who is around, we are having our family photo taken!!! :) I know several photos will be missing our eldest as he will be away at college...either in Indiana or Florida... He has been accepted to 2 very prestigious software engineering schools!!!!!

I'm almost caught up! I finally bit the bullet and got the picture holder protectors and now have up to yesterday in the book (weirdly missing 3 days that didn't get printed..) I've started moving the descriptions to word to print and make the month headers so the end is in sight!

As for next year I've decided to keep the blog going but going to mesh it more with my "real" one with more than 1 pic per day occasionally and add non-disney in when needed

-em

I am all caught up with picture taking but not with journaling....

Jill

I haven't printed pictures since July, so I'm not caught up with the album itself. I have journalling done through mid-September. Just need to sit down and update that and get my act together and order the pictures.

My mojo definitely waned as the year went on. Some weeks are better than others, but I admit there are some weeks that have 4 or 5 pictures of my cat. I think I'm giving him a complex. "Can't I take a nap/chase my tail/take a nap/give myself a bath/take a nap without the paparazzi being all over me?"

but I admit there are some weeks that have 4 or 5 pictures of my cat. I think I'm giving him a complex. "Can't I take a nap/chase my tail/take a nap/give myself a bath/take a nap without the paparazzi being all over me?"

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

omg, me too! the pets definently have a complex at our house now. :) there are also A LOT of garden pictures... I even scared a poor butterfly one day... (I did get a great picture of it finally.. I think it decided it would just cooperate and then maybe I would go away) I was even taking pictures of the fish... oh yeah, balloon boy even made it in... (well ok, a picture from cnn of the balloon floating around in the sky)

I'm thinking that now that the holidays are practically here, maybe it will get easier to get a picture of things OTHER than my pets...

Glad to see so many of us actually made it this far with the project. I spent some time last night playing catch up.... and wouldn't you know it, my photo printer decided it was a good time to have trouble. But I have most of October done. I just need to go back and fill in some blanks for other months. Not sure what happened during May, but most of the month doesn't seem to have pictures.. (maybe they are somewhere else on the computer??).... I might end up leaving it that way. I might have to call it "Project 335"!!:rotfl: But I am pleased that at least I made it this far.

I am contemplating doing it again next year, but maybe doing just 4 pictures per week. The stress of finding something interesting to photograph EVERY day is driving me a little nutty. Like NEE said, I am kind of overloaded with pictures of my cat. The kids make it in the book a great deal, as they should, but DH and I aren't there much. I need to work on that. And I have photos of all kinds of things from around the house, but that it getting a bit dull.

If I decide to do it again next year, I am going to buy myself a nice small inexpensive digital camera to keep in my purse. I find that I don't always want to drag out the nice big family camera when I go places everyday, like the grocery store or school. But if I had a camera in my purse, my photos might be more imaginative! Yes, I could take them with my camera phone, but I haven't yet figured out how to get the photos from my phone to my computer!! I still have some pictures from earlier this year for my P365 that are being held captive in my phone!

If I do this project or a similar one next year, I am DEFINITELY going with 4x6 standard prints. This year I made my own kit using trading card holders. They were inexpensive and easy to get, but I am getting frustrated having to constantly resize the photos to print and then having to cut/trim them after I print them. It would save me so much time to just have to drop in a 4 x 6 print. But I like the journaling "blocks" that I used this year. I found lined oversized Post-It notes that are working well..... although I did have to trim them to fit the card holders.

For next year I would also use much more subtle papers. I got a bit carried away this year using themed papers/colors for each month, and sometimes they are a bit overwhelming. But I was trying to use up some of my existing stock also, rather than buying all new, so that dictated some of my paper choices.

One of the BEST things that I did, however, regarding this project, was to get my ENTIRE book set up in January.... now all I have to do is take the photos, print it, trim it, and put it in place and fill in the journaling block. I DEFINITELY would not have kept up with this project if I hadn't finished the book in advance. The idea of all of those pretty pages sitting empty has "guilted" me into keeping current with this project (for the most part, at least). Plus I finished it at a time when I had TIME to spare.... which definitely isn't the case all the time. I sat at multiple swim meets in January with my paper and trimmer on my lap, just cutting away! It was an easy project to tote along.

I hope everyone can keep going until the end of the year, which is closing in on us quickly!.........................P

As for next year, I'm doing a family photo a month... on the same day each month... regardless of what is going on... if we are at a ball game, dinner, out and about.... I can't wait!! :)

I am updated through Oct 31 and have November's photos ordered. DD just asked if I was going to do it again....maybe I'll order from Becky Higgin's site - -I really like the easiness of the kit.

I'm caught up through November 7th! I have to get the pics ordered from this past week and do the journaling this week at work during lunch. I flipped through the album today as I was catching it up--I really think I will do it again. Just having that documented reminder of how much DS has changed will be worth it to me!!

Wow, I am soooo behind!! I don't have a ton of pics, I've kind of slacked off due to being to busy! LOL
So I just moved my pics over from iPhoto and I'm ordering them now.

including today.... ONLY 22 more days to go! :cool1: (now it will probably take me another year to actually sit down and make it all pretty. :rotfl2:)

I'm behind..but update w/ note for journaling and photos (I think I do need some fillers)...but I need to order photos and put together the pages.... I'll do that over break as there is too much going on now.. next week is gift wrapping week.... (with 5 kids it takes some time....however, this year is a smaller Christmas and I'm liking it!!!!)

My pics are in the album up to beginning of Dec but no journalling. I'm contemplating bringing it to work on the plane but I don't know if the kidlets will work with me on that one.

I'm behind too. I know I am fine through Nov 15 (DS bday) but I kind of fell apart after that. As the year progresses, I realize that I would have more interesting photos if I had a tiny camera that lived in my purse. Lots of times I find myself not bringing the camera because I just can't lug any more stuff -- no stroller has its pluses and minuses! It will be a struggle for me to finish the weeks until today -- I am upset about it too since I did so well for so long.

I'm behind too. I know I am fine through Nov 15 (DS bday) but I kind of fell apart after that. As the year progresses, I realize that I would have more interesting photos if I had a tiny camera that lived in my purse. Lots of times I find myself not bringing the camera because I just can't lug any more stuff -- no stroller has its pluses and minuses! It will be a struggle for me to finish the weeks until today -- I am upset about it too since I did so well for so long.

I agree about the small camera! I love my cell phone camera but the picture quality is not the best. :) it has come in handy though. I will just be so excited to be done! :) (especially since I won't have to take random pictures of the outside of target, walgreens, michaels... clearly I spend WAY to much time there :) and I'm thinking my cats will be happy to not have the camera come out everytime they do something "cute" :) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter