2008 Rates-Escape

I wouldn't have a problem with this price increase if I was planning on buying annual passes. However, we do not go to Disney every year because we are coming from overseas and the cost of flights etc.....add up. We would not use the passes. To me, a $1000 increase is ridiculous. It sounds to me that Disney will keep pushing up the price until you can't afford to have a small wedding or you are forced to have a Wishes wedding.

Well I for one am glad we are getting married December 07 cause if we had waited till next year there is no way we could have afforded it. As was said before the annual passes are no good to us as British citizens, we wouldn't get enough out of them. It sounds to me like Disney are pushing the lower class market out. It should be made more affordable for anyone to marry at Disney not only those who are able to throw tens of thousands of dollars into their wedding.

Okay rant over :thumbsup2

hiya

do you mean the price of using the wedding pavillion have gone up to $5000?

hiya

do you mean the price of using the wedding pavillion have gone up to $5000?

yep, the Intimate/Escape package at the pavilion is now $5K. As far as I can tell, you get the same as this year (cake, flowers, limo, musician etc) but with 2 x Annual Passes for the increase.

Could these annual passes be used to buy the Disney Dining Experience card? That may be a slight bonus for brides planning a welcome and/or reception dinner...? (Although I think the DDE card only gets you 20% off for up to 10 people)

Please email this to me as well: cfc4@duke.edu

Ok, so lets say I get married in December of 2007....does this mean that I get the 2007 prices...like the $3900 for the WP? Thanks, y'all.

BTW, this really upsets me, because just a year ago, I was looking at $3000 for the WP....for it to go up 2k is insane!:eek:

The key points are when you talk to a WC and confirm a date and when you get your contract signed. The sooner the better to guarantee the lower price !

This is not good at all. The price increase could let me rethink our wedding location. We are 2 college students and to do this we would have to push it back or cancel our disney wedding and plan something around here. We don't really need the annual passes since I already have one. I hope we can work something out. :sad2:

We got our letter with the new pricing information on it today. Here is what it said for any of you that are interested:

We are excited to share with you our 2008 pricing and elements information!

Attached please find a document detailing the amenities included in 2008 Escape Weddings, as well as the new pricing for both the Premium and Deluxe, Escape Weddings.

If you wish to proceed, please provide me with your Reservation Number for your minimum 4-night stay at any owned and operated Walt Disney World Resort. Once I have received that information, I will send you a Letter of Agreement via e-mail. We will request that two weeks after you have received the Letter of Agreement, that you return to us the original signed Letter of Agreement, along with a deposit of $750.

Please confirm the following information:

Our Names
And other information

Please let me know if you have any questions ~ My office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm.

Thank you for your time and patience. Have a wonderful day!!!

And then, this is what the attachment says:

Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings
Escape Weddings
Valid for weddings January 1, 2008 – December 31, 2008
(subject to availability)

Where in the World can you have the storybook wedding of your dreams? Right here, in a fairy tale setting that you select. Disney’s Escape Weddings offer some of the most scenic backdrops for the perfect ceremony. Arrive in Cinderella’s Glass Coach, invite Mickey to your cake cutting or keep it
simply between the two of you. After the wedding, our vacation kingdom becomes your enchanted honeymoon playground. You can even combine your Walt Disney World© Resort wedding ceremony with a romantic cruise aboard the Disney Cruise Line. Whatever you choose, it’s destined to be your
dream come true.

2008 Escape Weddings include the following magical amenities:

Two half-hour telephone planning consultations with a Disney Wedding Coordinator prior to your wedding and an on-site Wedding Coordinator the day of your wedding *This may or may not be the same person*

A Fresh flower bouquet for the Bride and fresh flower boutonniere for the Groom.

An elegant Two Tier Wedding Cake with keepsake cake topper and one bottle of Fairy Tale Cuvee for your champagne toast (Pours approximately 6 glasses per bottle)

Violinist for the ceremony and cake cutting reception at outdoor deluxe locations. Organist and a Violinist for the ceremony and a Violinist for the cake cutting reception at indoor premium location.

Four (4) hour consecutive Limousine Charter for transportation to and from your wedding ceremony

A professional Disney photographer

Up to two (2) hours of photography coverage including an album of twenty (20) images.

A Personalized Wedding Website highlighting your special event.

Two (2) Wedding Annual Passes

Premium Escape Wedding Details
Disney’s Premium Escape Weddings feature all of the magical amenities previously mentioned, plus your ceremony in Disney’s magnificent Wedding Pavilion. Built on a private island surrounded by majestic Seven Seas Lagoon, Disney’s Wedding Pavilion is a glass-enclosed enclave fashioned after a
grand Victorian summer house. Swaying Palm trees envelop the solarium, which offers a picturesque backdrop of the glorious Cinderella Castle.
Premium Escape Wedding Packages feature all magical amenities previously mentioned plus:

A wedding ceremony at Disney’s Wedding Pavilion including an organist (scheduled Monday through Thursday only at 10:00am, 12:00pm, 2:30pm or 5:00pm, based on availability)

Immediately following the ceremony, Wedding Cake and Champagne will be served at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa with a violinist providing background music.

$5,000.00

Deluxe Escape Wedding Details:
Disney's Deluxe Escape Weddings feature all of the magical amenities previously mentioned, plus a choice of one (1) of the following locations during daylight hours Monday – Friday. (based on availability). Each Deluxe location is located outdoors. Also, each outdoor location has a back-up
location in case of inclement weather.

Sea Breeze Point at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort - All the charm, fun and flavor of a Mid-Atlantic boardwalk is yours to discover with a ceremony at Sea Breeze Point; a quaint white wedding gazebo located just off the boardwalk on the shores of Crescent Lake.

The Wedding Gazebo at Disney's Yacht Club Resort - Evoking the turn-of-the-century splendor of New England seashore resorts, the Wedding Gazebo is located within a colorful rose garden and welcomes couples for their special day in this lovely garden setting.

Sunrise Terrace at Disney's Wilderness Lodge *Limited to 10 people total* - Nestled within towering strands of pine trees, the 4th floor balcony setting overlooking beautifully landscaped gardens and Bay Lake offers a magical touch to this spectacular wedding venue.

Sunset Pointe at Disney’s Polynesian Resort *Limited to 10 people total, Booked seasonally from October – March only* - Located on a grassy hill overlooking The Seven Seas Lagoon with lush palm trees. Sunset Pointe serves as a perfect setting for a most special ceremony with Cinderella’s Castle across the lagoon.

$4,000.00

Requirements
In order to qualify to have an Escape Wedding at the Walt Disney World®Resort a reservation number of a four (4) night stay, at a Disney owned and operated resort is required.

Additional Guests
Our WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort Escape Weddings are designed for the wedding couple only. You are welcome to invite up to four (4) additional guests to be part of you magical wedding celebration, at no additional cost. You can extend your guest count to a total of eighteen (18)
guests, plus the bride and groom.

Wedding events for over four (4) guests plus the bride and groom will be required to purchase additional beverages. Additional transportation is also recommended. Please contact your Escape Wedding Coordinator for further details.

Wedding events in excess of twenty (20) people total are considered Custom Wedding Events. For more information on a Custom Wedding at the Walt Disney World®Resort, please contact one of our professional Wedding Consultants at (407) 828-3400.

Non-Included Services
We here at Walt Disney World want you to have a stress free experience when it comes to your special day. Although most services are offered on site, there are a few services that will have to be secured directly by the bride and groom by outside sources.

Although we do not perform these services, your wedding coordinator will provide you with all of the information that will help your plan for you big day such as:

Marriage License Requirements and directions to the courthouse

Vendor recommendations for the following will be provided in your Wedding Planning Kit:
1. Cosmetology
2. Officiants
3. Dress Steaming
4. Formal Wear

Hope that helps anyone who still has any questions.

Additional Guests
Our WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort Escape Weddings are designed for the wedding couple only. You are welcome to invite up to four (4) additional guests to be part of you magical wedding celebration, at no additional cost. You can extend your guest count to a total of eighteen (18)
guests, plus the bride and groom.

Wedding events for over four (4) guests plus the bride and groom will be required to purchase additional beverages. Additional transportation is also recommended. Please contact your Escape Wedding Coordinator for further details.

That seems like another big change! Previously you could have up to 18 guests, with no extra charges required. I wonder if this means you just have to buy an extra bottle or 2 of champagne or does it mean you have to do a full beverage service of some sort?

Actually, having up to 18 guests hasn't changed. Neither have the added costs for more than 4. I think they are just stating it more clearly now. There have always been additional fees for more than 4 people. My information clearly stated this. The intimate cake will actually serve 50 people (smallest one they make). The contract also states the champagne will served 4-6 glasses. So, yes, if you are having more people, you need more than one bottle of champagne or cider. Other drink options are available (soda/pop, water, etc...)

I still think it's a good deal for a Disney Wedding though. But, wow things have changed since 2005! Yes, it's more expensive now, prices go up and I think DFTW might be getting more popular now and they know they can charge more money. All I can say is, our Intimate (Escape) Wedding was completely perfect! I could not have wished for a better wedding day. Everything was wonderful :cloud9: You won't regret it!

I thought for a minute that I was Escape... until I checked.... and having a Wishes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter