2008 Rates-Escape

wdwprincess03

Mouseketeer
I just got e-mailed the rates for 2008! The only difference I see is that you now get "Two (2) Wedding Annual Passes", and the price is $4,000 for everywhere except the WP. WP is $5000

Thanks for the info! I have been trying to wait patiently for any 2008 rate info of any kind. Thanks for sharing with other "Escape" brides!

Hi sorry to sound stupid but what do you mean by 'wedding annual passes?':goodvibes

Isn't that a big price increase for 2 annual passes? And I'm asuming that they're the basic pass. But it is a nice incentive.

Oh thats quite obvious when I think about it ! LOL
I wont be eligeble for them anyway because I live in the uk. Are they optional?

I'd love the price list forwarded too, if your fingers aren't too tired. :)

dood@dslextreme.com

I canNOT believe that price increase!:scared1: For $1,000 I can buy my own set of APs and have $72 left for a nice dinner!

Ok, I'm going to play a little dumb here, but....

In 2008, you get APs with an Escape wedding? Or are you really talking Custom weddings here?

I thought APs only came with the custom weddings. I thought the Escape (Intimate) weddings didn't get APs, right? :confused3

Now I'm confused!

Is this new for 2008?

Though I guess it isn't a big deal - adding $1000 onto the price for the APs, I guess I'm not that disappointed that I'm not getting them then, if that's the case. Especially since we decided to go with the premium dining plan tacked onto our tickets anyway...

Yes, it sounds like, in order to justify the $1,000 price hike for Escape weddings they're throwing in two APs. Nevermind that buying a park hopper for just the days you'll be there to get married is WAY cheaper and doesn't force you to come back like an AP does...grumble grumble...The Wishes weddings still get APs "free" (which I use loosely cuz brides pay a fortune for that so-called freebie). :eek:

Sheesh, with the way they've been handling things - the ridiculous pricing and increase on the MK PS, now this increase for the Escape weddings, I get the feeling that Disney has decided they don't like bothering with the small stuff anymore, they just want the big money weddings.

It's a real shame, too. I think part of the Disney magic is making it accessible to all, making it so it isn't so unaffordable. Including the weddings. What little girl doesn't dream of being Cinderella on her wedding day. If she's willing to compromise and have a small wedding so she can afford to make it a Disney wedding, it's great to have that option. But it looks like they're trying to price right out of that market now.

In the past FTW use to include park hoppers with their intimate package, but removed them when they removed the officiant and acommodations. WHile the price jump isn't appreciated by all, atleast AP are a nice addition. Has anyone heard of there will be a price increase with the custom weddings? As this might be a general price increase. I doubt that WDW is doing away with intimate weddings at this point as they are a source of revenue. But this being said, DL ended their intimate weddings with the last one occuring on 2003 due to a lack of interest which doesn't sound like a problem at WDW.

Please email this to me as well: cfc4@duke.edu

Ok, so lets say I get married in December of 2007....does this mean that I get the 2007 prices...like the $3900 for the WP? Thanks, y'all.

BTW, this really upsets me, because just a year ago, I was looking at $3000 for the WP....for it to go up 2k is insane!:eek:

Ok, so lets say I get married in December of 2007....does this mean that I get the 2007 prices...like the $3900 for the WP? Thanks, y'all.

BTW, this really upsets me, because just a year ago, I was looking at $3000 for the WP....for it to go up 2k is insane!

We are getting married December 29th of this year and there was no price
increase for the WP.
Maybe it depends on when you sign your contract .....???

Yes, I would imagine that these 2008 prices don't actually go into effect til 2008 - they've just published them now because so many brides are already planning 2008 weddings.

I wonder if they're gonna be swamped with last-minute weddings in December as everyone tries to get in on the last of the old prices! :rotfl:

We're from the UK and I'm a little disappointed with this :sad2: (to say the least) because annual passes aren't such a great deal to us. We'd have to return to WDW within the year to get the most out of them, and this gets expensive with the cost of flights, accommodation, etc for a family of four. Although we usually visit Florida most years, we don't always go to the parks (DH's sister has a condo in St Petes), and most times there are more than 12 months between visits (April last year, July this year). We tend to go for 10 day non-expiring park hoppers as we can use them for a few years.

I'm wondering if they would swap the annual passes for park hoppers (to the same $ value) so we could get better use of them? Or not give us them at all and credit us with the $ difference? :rotfl2: I know, I know, don't all laugh at once!

Anyway, we're not having our VR until 2009 so I suppose we'll know more by then! It won't stop us having our VR, its just as well its not for almost 2 years, we'll need the time to save more money!

Boy, I'm glad we switiched from a May '08 wedding to December '07!! We would never use the annual passes...at least not now that we moved from Ft Lauderdale. It's their way of creating more revenue because they know you will not want to waste the passes so you're forced come back and spend more money! When I was a florida resident I watched the play four passes jump from $99 w/hopper, to the next year a play 3 pass for $119 w/hopper, and then the next year a play 3 for $129 and no hopper! You keep getting less play time for more money!! I have no idea what they go for now. I also used to pay $49/night at the value resorts (during value season) as a florida resident and last I knew that price was up to $79! Ahhhh...the cost of living our childhood fantasies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter