2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
cgcw said:
Careful, Erin. Curt's going to put you in the lifeboat section with the rest of us who have guessed some type of water disaster.

:boat:

Join us! There's plenty of room in our life boat.
lifejacket.gif
lifejacket.gif
lifejacket.gif
lifejacket.gif
lifejacket.gif

cgcw said:
And, I can't tell you how many people I wanted to tackle on their way to their cars. It really made me angry the people who pretended they didn't hear Walker or didn't even acknowledge him when he asked if they wanted to buy. What they are teaching my child is that he shouldn't have common courtesy. I tell you, I wanted to deck each and every one of them! :furious: :furious: I don't expect anyone to buy, but geez, at least say no, or not today or something. :mad:
Now that's just mean! What's wrong with people that they can't give a "No thank you" rather than walk past like they have blinders and earplugs on. Sometimes I feel like we're living in a very cold world.

curtdennis said:
Greetings from WDW & The French Quarter,

I'm glad that everyone had fun with the CHALLENGE. I will come up with another but I think this one will just be for fun since we don't have an unlimited budget for this trip. (Sorry).

For those of you interested here is the entire Frame and what will be on our door.
CHALLENG-5.jpg

Now you can see why I thought this frame was most appropriate for this cruise.

Hmmm, are you trying to imply something about us???
haha.gif

BCVOwner2002 said:
Thanks so much Julie! I think it worked! Our Donald Duck curio filled with some of our Disney stuff along with the Animators Palate plates we won through the SSMC05 auction. I thought they looked nice with our bottle of Saratoga spring water.

disneyroom022.jpg

disneyroom018.jpg

Pirate Night Menu from SSMC05:

disneyroom019.jpg

Great room, Annmarie. What a great way to show off everything. I would have never thought to display cruise menus like that, what a great idea. I love your pirate table.

crzy4dals said:
Mary,
The Navigator looks great.

Nick and I went out after his soccer game today to do some cruise shopping. I looked at the clock and told him 4 weeks from today we will be going through the boat drill with our big ol orange jackets on. I was giddy!!!!

THen we came out of the craft store and it was 5:00 - and I turned to him and said we are sailing off now!!!!!
I love your way of thinking. So what's going on today, 4 weeks from now? ;)

curtdennis said:
Thanks to all for kind words on the game... errr I did come up with a frame for Round 2 while having dinner at the Columbia Harbor House -- if anyone is interested? Unfortunately this would only be for fun and to get people wound up for the sailing. Give me some yesses and I'll have it up as soon as possible... whatta say -- Anybody game?
Absolutely! Bring it on!!!

WDWLVR said:
Good morning Member Cruisers
- we sail in 27 days!

26 days until the pre-cruise DIS meet in the Solarium at Beach Club!

Oy!
headslap.gif
Where has the time gone. We're out of here in less than 3 weeks and there's still so much to do. But I can't wait!!!!!

cgcw said:
:chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat:

It looks like we have another reason to celebrate tonight!!!!

Congratulations, Stacy, 1500 posts!!!!

:chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat:

I can't improve on this!!

Way to go Stacy!!

WDWLVR said:
So with all this talk of walking do we want to set up a meet time and location and those who can make it great and those who can't that's fine too?
I'd be up for that Mary. It's a pretty good bet that I'd make it at least the first morning. If things go like last year, with every morning after that I tended to sleep a little later. Also, since I'll have Ken with me, we may go to Route 66 a few nights. (A girl can hope...) :)

Copper3 said:
party: party: party:

Thanks again for taking on this daunting task. However you have it arranged is good with me. :thumbsup2
As Jeff said. Cindy, thank you for doing this for all of us! We will be happy whatever the outcome.

MaryJ said:
I'd be up for that Mary. It's a pretty good bet that I'd make it at least the first morning. If things go like last year, with every morning after that I tended to sleep a little later. Also, since I'll have Ken with me, we may go to Route 66 a few nights. (A girl can hope...) :)
My thoughts exactly!

WDWLVR said:
So with all this talk of walking do we want to set up a meet time and location and those who can make it great and those who can't that's fine too?

Yes, Good Idea. Not too early though. Waking up at 5:30 on vacation is NOT gonna happen.

Do you like Deck 4 or Deck 10?

Need a place to meet any good ideas?

1) We sail in 27 days, but when do you actually leave and what else do you have planned?
We're out of here on the 14th, arriving at BCV around 10pm that night. That gives me less than 21 days to figure out everything we need to take and then figure out how to pack it all.

2) What is the one thing you are looking forward to most about SSMC06?
No cooking, no dishes, no laundry!!! And of course, meeting up with y'all. ;)

3) If there was to be a SSMC07 and it was in the same time frame and same type of cruise (4 day) would you book it?
Probably yes (David's saying definitely yes), but I really liked the February timeframe of SSMC03.

4) If there was a be a SSMC07 and if you could determine when it would be and what type of cruise what would it be?
I'd love a wintertime cruise - to get out of the cold - and 7-day would be wonderful. Of course that's been requested since the first member cruise and nothing's come of it (so far).

5) For 07 instead of a cruise would you rather see some type of land-based event? If so, what?
Sure, why not. We rather enjoyed the Member Homecoming events, especially the MK night and the Grand Opening of SSR. (The heat was another story.) Though it's harder to get together and there are tons more people attending, something like that could be fun. Hmmm, maybe a "ground-breaking" event for a DVC resort at the Contemporary or out in California???

Hi all.....

Congrats t all of you chatty posters!!!!!!!

Hey Curt, There was a Ralph Baksh film "Wizards" that had some great quoteable quotes and pictures.

See You all later!!!!!

:figment:

ConleyFam said:
I was thinking about boxing up things like my pirate costumes, shoes and swim gear and shipping it down in advance (then shipping it home too). Has anyone tried this before? I have no idea how much it would cost, but I'm thinking of saving our backs on travel days. Any thoughts?
Chris
We've never shipped anything before, but I'm thinking of it for this trip. I'd rather not carry 2 weeks worth of diapers and such if I don't have to. ;)

cgcw said:
Hip-Hip-Horray!!!! party: party: party:

Our linked dining for the cruise has been approved by DCL. Working with Debbie at DCL was truly a treat. A very pleasant experience.

There were a few tweeks we needed to make in order to fit our group of 91 into the parameters that DCL has set. We will all be in the same area of the dining room --- along the windows I hear as of right now.

In order to make it work, I did need to create more tables of 4's rather than the bigger tables.

If anyone would like to know who I have seated them with, please send me a PM and I'll provide that information. When possible, I've tried to keep those who have asked specifically to be seated with others together.

I know we are going to have a great time and will probably be the rowdy ones in the room.

Great news. Thanks again for coordinating this for us Cindy!

sanddune said:
I just can't wait for this cruise! I'm sick again. :rolleyes: I just hope it clears up in time for the cruise! Sunshine and warm weather is what I need.:sunny:

You all have me in the packing mood! If I could just find the energy to get up and do it! Hope to start this weekend.:thumbsup2

Enough about being sick ,I'm ready to party!:cool1:
Sorry to hear you're sick again.
sick.gif
Feel better quickly!

sanddune said:
Is anyone watching QVC today? It's all day Christmas!
Nope, I only watch when it's scrapbooking/crafting days. ;)

chipscinderelly said:
Sigh - our costco sold out this morning of all elmo's - and Matt was there at 3:30 :( they don't know if they will get more. I hate EBAY
So sorry y'all weren't able to snag an Elmo. I ended up with the morning free after dropping Ian off at school. If I'd known I could have gone over there (gotten a membership) and picked some up for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter