2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConleyFam

ConleyFam
crzy4dals said:
I am trying to keep the kitchen closed at 7 as well. Boy is it hard not to get up and grab a bite. I think the best way is to spend time from 7 to 9 as wind down time and get to bed earlier than usual. I figure the more time I spend sleeping each evening will not only help me mentally through out the day but it is HARD to eat while dreaming Disney Dreams.

OK - it is too late for tonight but I'm game (of course DH could never do this). My kitchen is closed to me after 7pm - should I make that eastern or central time? :rotfl:

Chris

ConleyFam said:
OK - it is too late for tonight but I'm game (of course DH could never do this). My kitchen is closed to me after 7pm - should I make that eastern or central time? :rotfl:

Chris

HA Your too funny, Chris.

Julie, OMG I hope your bite wound heal quickly. I'm so allergic to insect bites. It's a huge problem because I love to be outside but hate to put on
sprays and then if I get a mosquito bite it swells and itches for weeks. The
only thing that works for me is Rhuligel and I've been known to sleep with
it just incase, LOL. At least it keeps me from itching and getting infected.
I think your early care probably prevented you from that bite being worse.
Good job.

Annmarie,
so your back to actual meetings, huh? I'm thinking that's what I need to do but I don't have the time when they are offered. Between work and PT/accupuncture appts it just doesn't fit in. Online is good because I can do it any time. I think I'm going to resign up online this week. I like using some of the tools to track.

Yesterdays meals:
Breakfast: two little "smart portions" blueberry oatbran muffins (never had them but thought they'd be fun to try..available at Walmart), water
10am: banana, water
Noon: Lean Cuisine mushroom/spinach pizza, water
3pm: Motts healthy harvest applesauce, water
6pm: Lean Cuisine turkey medallions w sweet potato (my very favorite frozen meal), water dessert: jello fat free pudding cup.
I have to admit I got too hungry and at 7:30 made a mini popcorn bag. :-( my bad.
Notes: watch out for evening eating, need more water/veggies, watch out for too much bread type foods (my downfall).

chipscinderelly said:
Thanks everyone!

Georgie - wow that is scary! That's what they told me would have happened had I had a bad bite, thankfully it's not that bad.
Let's hope only those who need boosters are having tetnus shots and no one else for the emergency reason.

THe whole ordela was pretty scary for us. We saw the infection spreading and even with the antibiotice, it wasn't stopping!

Again, rest up. So glad you're okay!

chipscinderelly said:
:badpc: ARGH the server ate my post - I'm so over that!!!

Ok so here's the gist - we love the new CC gifts and cannot wait to see them in person as we know we can use a ton of the items! :thumbsup2

On Thursday night I had was bitten by a bug and ended up with a very swollen ankle and oozing :crazy2: bite mark. We treated with benedryl (pills and cream) as well as ice and elevation. By this morning it seemed to have worked pretty well so off to work I went. By 2 pm it was swollen again and the bite mark was a bright red color. So I phoned the doc and they suggested I come in to the after hours clinic to be seen quickly. It was fast and as it turns out it's not a fire ant bite or misquito bite like we thought but a brown recluse spider bite - luckily mine appears to be healing and will not require surgery or anything. :worship: Thanks doc! Now I need to keep it elevated and had to have a tetnus booster :eek: which was NOT the highlight of my day. So I'm just laying here - watching hells kitchen ... what are you doing?

Yikes. I have heard some nasty things that can happen from those spider bites. I'm so glad you you caught it early and are healing.

All in all I don't seem to have problems with most bug bites just from horse flys. I really seem to react to them, it will turn colors like I have a huge bruise like I got hit with a baseball bat or something.

Georgie - OMG! That's terrible. Prayers and Pixie dust for a full recovery. It's crazy how are bodies react sometimes.

Diane - I might have been crying too, especially if it happened so close to my wedding.

Janet - Ouch!! That must have hurt like the Dickens stepping on one of those things.

Amy - That must have stunk getting laid out by the flu just before your wedding.

Julie - No kleenex?! How do you blow your nose? :confused3

rsschneck said:
I think this would depend on what time we leave. We can't get off the ship before we clear (isn't that around 8:00 am). Are most of us on early dining? If we are on first dining then we eat EARLY breakfast the last morning and I would think we could get out of dodge pretty quickly!

Let me talk it over with DD and I'll get back to you.

j

Good morning everyone!

Julie - glad to hear you got the bite taken care of quickly.

Georgie - prayers and pixie dust for your mom's continued recovery.

My pre-wedding scare come from my oncologist. I had my surgery in March and chemo scheduled throughout the summer ending in August. At the second to the last appointment the nurse asks me when my second look surgery is. My surgeon said nothing about a second look surgery. The oncologist comes in and says I have to have it - most likely in September. Ummmmm I'm getting married in October!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have an appointment that week with the surgeon and mention it to him. Thankfully he tells me that thinking is old school and he didn't even want to think about a second look until I was a year past surgery (which would be March). So the wedding went on as planned followed by a wonderful honeymoon at WDW.

Postscript - when March rolled around my surgeon had me do an MRI and said he didn't think a second look was necessary so I never had one. I've now been cancer free since 1990!

We passed a milestone!

Congrats to Stacy on post and reply #13,000!

Morning all. Julie that is so scary. I'm so glad that you are ok. That is one of the reasons I wouldn't want to move south... the crazy bugs. Stay safe.

Roxane do you know what time we will leave for the port? Just trying to plan ahead since I'm such a over planner. :rotfl2:

For anyone that watched Hell's Kitchen what did you think? I really don't think either one is mature enough to have their own million dollar rest. I was really hoping that Virginia would win.

Have to go get the girls for gym and I am going to work again today. They are really short so I fugured I can work while the girls are at gym. Have a great day everyone and stay away from bugs that bite.

Good Morning All!

Cloudy skies here in NJ... but we DO need the rain! :umbrella:

We would love to do the party bus... but we don't know where we'll be staying yet... and we'll be returning to the port right after we dock after the cruise.

YOU GUYS WILL HAVE SUCH FUN!!! party:

A GREAT DAY TO EVERYONE! Rain or Shine!

bcvprincesses said:
Morning all. Julie that is so scary. I'm so glad that you are ok. That is one of the reasons I wouldn't want to move south... the crazy bugs. Stay safe.

Ok, so "technically" I live south of you (I know it's not as far south as you were thinking:)) and we've had two people we know with spider bites that landed them in the hospital for 10 days to 2 weeks. Scary stuff! Not only do we have scary spiders but we get snow too! :eek:

Julie hope your spider bite continues to heal. pixiedust:

Good morning all!! Speaking of bugs, we're having our once-a-year pest control today, so it's been busy around here. I took the cat to my mom's house. Then, we drove Chris to work (since we still only have 1 car), drove Emily to school and back home waiting for the "bug man" to get here. Then, Madison and I will run around town, wasting time, running errands until we can come back into the house. I think that we only need to be gone for 2-3 hours, but still, it's hard to find things to do with a 2yr old. I'm sure that we'll go to the mall so that she can play in the little playplace for a while.

alikat99 said:
it's hard to find things to do with a 2yr old. I'm sure that we'll go to the mall so that she can play in the little playplace for a while.
I hear ya on that! Ian loves to go for rides in the car, but I feel bad just having him sit - still facing backwards - for too long. But going in and out of places gets to be so hard, too, especially in the heat of summer.

Hi all!

Sorry to read about the personal troubles, hope they all turn out ok.

I've been busy and have been slacking some in updating the website.

Well, I'm goign to try and catch up now. I've already added the second member email, so if anyone missed it, it's up there now. I'll work tonight on updating all the sections, including adding all the info on the first Dis meet location, we have a very good one all scoped out. If anyone who has a subsection on the site wants to post a fresh update, or, if there's something I should be adding, post it here. I'll backread the thread tonight to get updates, but it would save me some time if you put up a fresh one. I do link back to the post from the website, so posts, not pm's. :) Thanks.

RRBB said:
I hear ya on that! Ian loves to go for rides in the car, but I feel bad just having him sit - still facing backwards - for too long. But going in and out of places gets to be so hard, too, especially in the heat of summer.
Yeah, and it's still HOT, hOT, HOT, here, so we have to go somewhere indoors. I do have to run some errands, so at least that will give us some stuff to do.

Is Ian small, or are you just keeping him facing backwards? Both of mine started facing forward at a year.

alikat99 said:
Is Ian small, or are you just keeping him facing backwards? Both of mine started facing forward at a year.
No, he's more than big enough to face forward, but for safety reasons we're keeping backwards. And since he's never fussed about it we're in no hurry to turn him around. I've actually read that everyone would be safer facing backwards in vehicles, but that would make it rather difficult to drive. :rotfl2: I guess we could all just sit in our cars and not go anywhere. Yeah, that would make the roads really safe. :thumbsup2

Good Morning All!

I just have to tell you all how excited I am! I just learned today that there will be a toning (using weights) class at the school across the street from my house on Mon. and Thurs. afternoons! This class has been going on for years, but always in the early morning when I have a long standing walking date with my neighbors, and I don't want to give that up. So, beginning next week, I'll be starting the new class!

I also learned that WW is coming back to my small town, and will be meeting at a church that's an easy walk from my house! First class is the day after Labor Day! :banana:

bcvprincesses said:
Roxane do you know what time we will leave for the port? Just trying to plan ahead since I'm such a over planner. :rotfl2:

I think that will depend on all the travelers using the service. If we all want an early start back to WDW then we set up an early pick-up time.

bonzie1 said:

We would love to do the party bus... but we don't know where we'll be staying yet... and we'll be returning to the port right after we dock after the cruise.

YOU GUYS WILL HAVE SUCH FUN!!! party:

You have a cruise after our cruise? Lucky Ducks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter