2003 Rates-Book Now or Wait?

bobojenny

Earning My Ears
I am planning a trip to Disney in May/2003. I have been looking for some good codes at the moderates, but don't see anything great. I was wondering if I should wait until last minute when booking or book this far in advance.

I have Disney Club and AAA-checking Mousesavers also..

Any information is appreciated. :confused:

If you book now you can always change it when a code comes out. I usually plan early, and change it if necessary. That way you can be sure you'll get what you want.

It is a good idea to book now. You can modify your reservation if and when you find a better rate/code. It has never been a problem to do so. Sometimes what happens is they book a new reservation with the code and cancel the old reservation. The deposits can often be transferred but if not, they will refund and have you send in a new deposit on the new reservation. It depends on whether the reservations are booked with CRO or WDWtravel, if they are through the Disney Club or lots of other variables.

Originally posted by bobojenny
I am planning a trip to Disney in May/2003. I have been looking for some good codes at the moderates, but don't see anything great. I was wondering if I should wait until last minute when booking or book this far in advance.

I have Disney Club and AAA-checking Mousesavers also..

Any information is appreciated. :confused:

I would book at the resort you want with either of the above as they both get you 20% off rack rate(at least it does during value season. May is regular season so it might only be a 15% discount) for a room only reservation. If you book the AAA rate through CRO you get a better cancelation policy and that is why I will usually book the AAA rate over the DC rate.

The AP and general code rates for May 2003 will not be out for awhile.

Tiffany, I agree also.

I am going in May 2003 as well and booked in September
with AAA. (I think it worked out to around 20% - the reason I'm not 100% certain is that we booked the dreammaker gold package as well-I compared the online rate to what I got and it seems to be the 20%).
I will also look for codes (I was told perhaps February or March) but they are harder to come by since we booked the package.
My TA said it will not be a problem changing to a "code"if there happens to be one that would apply to us.

We are already booked for the first week of May 2003, did it back in September too. Just waiting for codes to come out, but it won't be for a few months or longer if things go as normal.

RobinLyn:D

I am going in May also and I booked now just to make sure I got the resorts I wanted. I did get the DC discount but I am waiting for AP and codes. I would recommend booking now with Dreamsunlimited because they keep looking for discounts for you, so that you don't have to be bothered with making all those calls.

Lyn

I'm going in May as well :p Its my first time making reservations at a Disney hotel ... I appreciate the information on the codes. I'm glad its not too difficult to change if you find a new code :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter