20 Years of Dreams Event - Official Thread

Hi everyone! I'm such a fan of the show and have finally decided to join the boards for this specific post. I graduate from college in May and thought going down for this party would be a nice present to myself being that the Dis had such an impact on my college career. Whether it be binge watching the vlogs or a quick study break, it always took me away from the extreme stress of college and brought some Disney magic into my life when I needed it the most. My biggest fear is that I don't really fit the demographic, as I would most likely be coming alone. I would love to meet the team and other Dis-ers, but not sure I would fit in and it would be a bit awkward for me. Thoughts??
You should come. I travel solo to all of the dis events since I started going with DAP in 2015. We are generally a very friendly bunch.

And as @disneyholic family said above come join us on the unofficial thread as we are starting to plan our own meetups during the event week.

Hi everyone! I'm such a fan of the show and have finally decided to join the boards for this specific post. I graduate from college in May and thought going down for this party would be a nice present to myself being that the Dis had such an impact on my college career. Whether it be binge watching the vlogs or a quick study break, it always took me away from the extreme stress of college and brought some Disney magic into my life when I needed it the most. My biggest fear is that I don't really fit the demographic, as I would most likely be coming alone. I would love to meet the team and other Dis-ers, but not sure I would fit in and it would be a bit awkward for me. Thoughts??
Congrats on your upcoming graduation. You should definitely come. Forget the whole demographic thing. The attendees span the spectrum from kids and teens to retirees. We're planning on our daughter coming as long as her summer work schedule allows. She graduated college this past May and turned 23 last month so close to you age-wise. I know a number of people in their 20s and 30s who come to these things routinely. And then there's those of us who are a little more removed from that age group but stick us in Disney World and we still act like we're 20-something :).

I can honestly say I rarely post on here and totally looking forward to it. I have followed the Dis for over 7 years and only been a member on the boards for a couple. The few people I have met or know from here or amazing. I am sure after the meet I will be more active on here.

Hey I have a question! I paid my fee and I received my confirmation email. Do I have to immediately have to pay for the party or can I wait? Or is it pretty much a you need to do this right this second kind of a thing?
Sorry I’m not entirely sure! This is our first Dis event we are attending! Thanks guys! Happy Halloween!!!

Hey I have a question! I paid my fee and I received my confirmation email. Do I have to immediately have to pay for the party or can I wait? Or is it pretty much a you need to do this right this second kind of a thing?
Sorry I’m not entirely sure! This is our first Dis event we are attending! Thanks guys! Happy Halloween!!!
The Pandora party has limited availability. If you wait there is a chance it could sell out.

Personally I would sign up for the party sooner rather then later because there is a chance it will sell out.

I agree! Loved the phrasing. I am new to the group and fall into this category. I’ll be traveling solo also and am really looking forward to the entire event!
So excited about this party! I’ve been listening for years and finally joined the boards. Just booked our rooms and signed up for the event.
Welcome to you both!

so can we have a "who's at the event from the farthest away" contest?
Assuming no one comes from Australia or Asia, we're shoo-ins to win... :blush:
and the prize? hmmmm......be part of the live podcast? :cool2:
and if someone does come from the end of the world (or an even farther away end of the world than us), it would be fun to see them on the podcast!!

Last edited:
so can we have a "who's at the event from the farthest away" contest?
Assuming no one comes from Australia or Asia, we're shoo-ins to win... :blush:
and the prize? hmmmm......be part of the live podcast? :cool2:
and if someone does come from the end of the world (or an even farther away end of the world than us), it would be fun to see them on the podcast!!

I’m heading over from merry old England so pretty far; but I think there are definitely people coming from further afield, especially as this time we got so much notice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter