20 Years of Dreams Event - Official Thread

Hi All-

As you may have read, I purchased the party tickets and am attending the event as a surprise for my daughter's 18th birthday (she's a huge Disunplugged fan). Her birthday is in a few weeks and we are presenting her with the trip then. Here's where you come in... I purchased a Dis tee shirt for her that I am giving to her gift-wrapped; my question is, do any of you have thoughts on how I can/should present the event? I know she's heard of it as she has mentioned it. I thought about putting some sort of message under the shirt but am not sure. Any creative ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks so much for the reply! :) Must be full then (I'm assuming) because I got the first two emails 3 days ago but didn't get a 3rd email with the Pandora Party sign up info. Womp womp.

We are not full yet. At about 75% but still have space.

I see the email to sign up for the party was sent a few minutes after the payment for the event was processed.

I just resent that email.

Please check your spam/junk folders in case they are going there.

Hi All-

As you may have read, I purchased the party tickets and am attending the event as a surprise for my daughter's 18th birthday (she's a huge Disunplugged fan). Her birthday is in a few weeks and we are presenting her with the trip then. Here's where you come in... I purchased a Dis tee shirt for her that I am giving to her gift-wrapped; my question is, do any of you have thoughts on how I can/should present the event? I know she's heard of it as she has mentioned it. I thought about putting some sort of message under the shirt but am not sure. Any creative ideas?

Thanks in advance!

“Stay out of the dam lakes and celebrate your birthday with DIS friends at a private party at Pandora!”

Yes its is grueling. ;)

But I am planning on bringing our 16 YO grandson Connor and his mom from Houston. Hoping Connor recovers movement from his spinal injury by then.

wishing your grandson a complete recovery from his injury. That must be devastating!

I'm really looking forward to finally meeting you and Val in person and not just on facebook and here on the dis!!! :)

Just an FYI - since I am interested in staying there and being near the gondolas I asked in POP thread and they indicated requesting 60’s Lakeview would get you really close and are standard rooms - so that is what we are targeting

Is this something you do on the day of check-in or can you ask to put it in itinerary notes?

Many of the same things apply to me and my Honey. We’re west coast so Disneyland has always been our park. This will be only my 2nd trip ever to WDW and his first! My first trip was for the Dis’ 20th anniversary at EPCOT and it was a very brief solo trip I was able to tag onto a last minute family wedding trip. This will be my first split stay, first time at AKL, first time ever for my Honey, and first time actually having a long enough trip that I can really take it all in and experience what I want to :) My first trip was so short and rushed, but experiencing EPCOT w/ fellow DISers, seeing JODI BENSON, and meeting some of the team was priceless. I have no doubt this experience will be as well. I love that we have this community! OMG I’m feeling so sappy and excited right now :D

This will be our 2nd trip to WDW as well! We're also west coast folks and DLR passholders :)

Planning question for the event: Are the 10a-5p events like a traditional conference where we are sitting in seminars in the convention center (don't buy park tickets) or should we get park tickets for those days to get involved with what event coordinators are doing in the parks?

Planning question for the event: Are the 10a-5p events like a traditional conference where we are sitting in seminars in the convention center (don't buy park tickets) or should we get park tickets for those days to get involved with what event coordinators are doing in the parks?
Definitely not a traditional conference. The events could be anywhere, in a park or not. They might be at a hotel or at Disney Springs or in Epcot or on Main Street or somewhere else.

They could be in the park - such as the Connecting with Walt meet up on Main St in MK in the past - but many are not (or at least historically)

I would fully expect that you could come and not but anyou park tickets and just do the party and have opportunities to participate in some of the smaller meet ups - but likely not alas I would think some would need a park ticket

Is this something you do on the day of check-in or can you ask to put it in itinerary notes?

I am definitely not an “on site expert” but I believe you can indicate this when you do online check in before you arrive or you can fax your request or, I would think, call ahead of time

If they are....Im not going.pirate:
LOL!

Although Pete did do one "conference-type" event before. I wasn't able to attend but I think he did a presentation where he talked about his experiences over the years since starting the company. I don't know the details since I wasn't there. I seem to recall it was held at one of the hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter