20 Years of Dreams Event - Official Thread

LOL!

Although Pete did do one "conference-type" event before. I wasn't able to attend but I think he did a presentation where he talked about his experiences over the years since starting the company. I don't know the details since I wasn't there. I seem to recall it was held at one of the hotels.
I went to that. I don’t remember a whole lot from it since it was over 2 years ago at this point but he spoke for a bit then it went to Q&A. It lasted about an hour if I remember or correctly.

question for those who reserved by calling the group number:
Did you get an email confirmation from them?
i just realized, i never received an email confirming our pop century reservation.
I guess i'll call and see - too bad i don't know where i wrote everything down (apparently chemo brain is real).

i just realized, i never received an email confirming our pop century reservation.
I guess i'll call and see - too bad i don't know where i wrote everything down (apparently chemo brain is real).

The person I spoke with indicated that I would receive an email. I never did though. However, about a week or so after I made the reservation, I did receive a letter in the mail with my reservation information. I ended up receiving two letters since I had called back to correct my error on my departure date. At this point I can't recall if I had to link my reservation on my MDE account or not. It may have taken a day or two to show up. But once it was there, when I called to update my departure date, the correct date was displayed almost immediately.

We did get e-mail confirmation (actually 2 since we are doing a split stay) and they had the reservation numbers on them that I was able to link to my account in My Disney Experience

Hope everything is going as well as is possible with your treatment!

I just double checked and I got an email confirmation the day I booked.

They could be in the park - such as the Connecting with Walt meet up on Main St in MK in the past - but many are not (or at least historically)

I would fully expect that you could come and not but anyou park tickets and just do the party and have opportunities to participate in some of the smaller meet ups - but likely not alas I would think some would need a park ticket

Awesome. Do we know when those plans would be available? If we can hit the parks during those days along with an event, that would count as a park day for us. Right now, we've scheduled a few days after the event to go to the parks, but would also like to save some money if we can knock out two things at once.

Awesome. Do we know when those plans would be available? If we can hit the parks during those days along with an event, that would count as a park day for us. Right now, we've scheduled a few days after the event to go to the parks, but would also like to save some money if we can knock out two things at once.
For the event in 2016 they announced the smaller events about 3-4 weeks before and it was about the same for 2017. If you join us on the unofficial thread we are also starting to plan group activities there.

We booked two reservations and got emails for both of them.:)

The person I spoke with indicated that I would receive an email. I never did though. However, about a week or so after I made the reservation, I did receive a letter in the mail with my reservation information. I ended up receiving two letters since I had called back to correct my error on my departure date. At this point I can't recall if I had to link my reservation on my MDE account or not. It may have taken a day or two to show up. But once it was there, when I called to update my departure date, the correct date was displayed almost immediately.

yes, she said i would get an email, but i never did. Nor did i get any real mail.
But thanks for the MDE suggestion.
the reservation wasn't there when i checked it, but then i dug around on my desk and found the scrap of paper where i'd written the confirmation number (thank god i'm such a pack rat and never throw anything away).
i plugged the number into the MDE and voila, my reservation magically appeared!!

How important is selecting our specific resort?
We are DVC members and booked our resort 11 months out (Old Key West) but may switch hotels at the 7 month mark. Is there a way we can change that, or is it truly not that important? We won't be doing the Pandora party if that makes things easier

We are DVC members and booked our resort 11 months out (Old Key West) but may switch hotels at the 7 month mark. Is there a way we can change that, or is it truly not that important? We won't be doing the Pandora party if that makes things easier
I don’t think location will be a big issue, but that’s up to you. If you look at the unofficial disevent thread there’s a listing of everyone who has posted on that thread with where they are staying and people are really spread out everywhere including some offsite. There were a couple Sarasota springs. So if you aren’t able to switch I don’t think it will mean you missing out.

There really isn’t any connection between the resort and participating in the event. Some people are staying off site and some people are local and just coming in for specific events.

Some resorts might be closer to some specific events - like the registration is in the Contemporary so some convenience in starting there; one of the *Un*Official events being organized is a bucket crawl on the Skyliner, so staying at one of those resorts would be conveniently ent for that specific event - but it really doesn’t matter much ..... I would just stay where you want

Our DVC home is SSR and we too made a reservation 11 months out. Then the group price for Pop came out and since it’s a really good price and we really like that resort we booked it. Plus, there are a bunch of people from the event staying there so seems like it could be fun being there :cool1:

We’re still considering switching over to BLT at the 7 month mark if possible, just to be closer to “event central”. We’ll need to make the calculation of what makes the most sense both money wise and comfort wise. At the end of the day I think you can’t go wrong...you’re in Disney World. :love:

I am just trying to figure out when to arrive and when to leave. I think I will book 8/6-8/12.... Cancel “extra” days as needed....
What time frame is everyone planning on going?

I am just trying to figure out when to arrive and when to leave. I think I will book 8/6-8/12.... Cancel “extra” days as needed....
What time frame is everyone planning on going?

we are going Tuesday to Tuesday - so the 6th to the 13th. We are doing a split stay with the last two days being at Animal Kingdom Lodge and will use them as relaxing resort days. Figure Tuesday to Tuesday often will have the lowest flight costs as well

we are going Tuesday to Tuesday - so the 6th to the 13th. We are doing a split stay with the last two days being at Animal Kingdom Lodge and will use them as relaxing resort days. Figure Tuesday to Tuesday often will have the lowest flight costs as well

You’re killing me! Lol... I suppose I can do a split stay also... I have only stayed at a few resorts, so many to try!

Anyone else plan to use DVC for this trip?

You’re killing me! Lol... I suppose I can do a split stay also... I have only stayed at a few resorts, so many to try!

Anyone else plan to use DVC for this trip?

yeah, we normally stay off site, so staying on site at all is a "treat" for us ... doing POP for the rate for most of the time but also as I am excited for the new Skyliner gondola system. Outside of a 2 day stay we have never stayed there and we have never at all stayed at AKL so really looking forward to that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter