2 Trips, 2 Coasts and so much to plan for 2023

I'm so sorry for your loss!

We had a beach trip planned when my grandpa passed, and we ended up leaving right after the funeral... but it was the best thing we could have done!

I hope this vacation helps things hurt at least a little bit less!

So sorry to hear of your Dad's passing, Ariella. I'm glad he is at peace and not suffering with cancer anymore, but I know it must be so hard on your whole family. I hope your good memories together bring you reasons to smile as you remember him and celebrate his life.

SO glad you were able to reschedule your trip and still make it happen. Happy times are needed now more than ever before, and I'm sure you'll be able to soak in lots of sunshine and much deserved relaxation with Andy and the girls after such a stressful time. Sending hugs!!

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Sending you big hugs.

I am so glad you were able to make the trip work. I think it is what your dad would want. Making happy memories with those you love. 7 days in the parks sounds great. Especially for DL where it is so much more laid back. There will be no rush to get it all done. I could be wrong but I THINK Splash is still open there so you may get one more ride on it!

I'm sorry for your loss. I know it has been a difficult time for you for a lot of reasons.

But on the positive, I'm glad that you are able to make this trip work out! Definitely something that will be good for you and I know the girls will appreciate it as well!

I'm so sorry for you and your family's loss. It's good to know he's not in pain anymore. I know it will be hard time to adjust to him not being with you.

It's great that you were still able to put together a trip to help ease the pain and decompress from the stress you've had. A trip that is not overly planned could end up being the best trip ever.

Hi Everyone.

Again, Thank You for all the kind comments. I greatly appreciate it. It was a rollercoaster of a week! We had my father's memorial on Tuesday. It was perfect weather and we found a place by the ocean which was one of his favorite places to be. And it was a nice small gathering which is also what he would have wanted. Unfortunately, my mother went from the rehab place back to the hospital that night. So my stress level went right back up. And I feared we were going to have to cancel again. But thankfully, they have downgraded my mom from ICU to the regular unit yesterday. Unfortantly for my mom the back and forth is probably in her cards for awhile.

My sisters have both told me to keep the trip, that they will hold down the fort while I am gone. So, we are still going!!! And do I need it!?!?!

No new plans. I have been trying to keep an eye on reservations for lamplight lounge and trader sam's but no luck, We will just have to try walk up for both while we are there.

Really that is it! We have to get up tomorrow morning at 2:30 to get to the airport for our 5:00 AM flight. So, the agenda today is to get 99% packed up and try to get to bed not too late. I do terrible with lack of sleep. So, I am def going to try and get to bed early. (we will see how THAT goes)

Oh dear! I'm sorry that, in all the grief of saying goodbye to your father, your mother is also struggling with her health issues. It must be incredibly difficult for your entire family.

I think this trip is going to be just the break you need. I'm hoping for lots of pixie dust and some fun times to help balance everything else.

So glad your sisters convinced you to keep the trip!! I know you're enjoying every magical moment, and I can't wait to hear all about it when you get home!

Hi Everyone!

We are back from our trip and it was just want we needed. It was a good trip for the most part, we had some colds to battle during the trip but we made the best of it! I will def do a trip report. But I am not good and doing 2 at once, so we will see. I might finish my current on first. We will see how I feel.

I am actually ready to start planning our summer trip! I have a million things to do, work is busy life is busy but all I want to do is plan our our trip.

We have 83 days which sounds short but there is a lot that will happen before then! which makes it seem much farther away. But I know it will sneak up on me.

I will be back to start some real summer trip planning. But I am going to try and restart my trip report since it has literally been a year since that happened! Time to wrap that thing up!

81 Days!

Hi Everyone, My topic for today...
Park Days...

So, we are planning on flying out Saturday morning and flying home Monday afternoon. So, we have a full 10 days with 6 day tickets right now. We want to have some full rest days since it will be VERY hot! But I also have to work with mine and Gwen's birthday days as park days.

This is what I have right now.

Saturday:
Fly in AM, Disney Springs for lunch and a little shopping, back to resort to settle in and maybe swim.
(this is what we did last year and it was nice to not rush into the parks)

Sunday:
Park Day
Probably Magic Kingdom so we can try and ride Tron

Monday:
Park Day
Probably EPCOT so we can try and ride Guardians.

Tuesday:
1st Real Rest Day
Thinking of doing Hoop Dee Doo Review this evening. Spend the day at the pool and just relaxing in the room.

Wednesday:
Gwen's Birthday
Park Day
So, far Gwen has talked about Hollywood Studios to ride her favorite Ride, Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway and dinner (or lunch) at Beaches and Cream

Thursday:
2nd Real Rest Day
Thinking of doing Cirque Du Soliel this evening. Again spend the day at the pool and just relaxing in the room.

Friday:
My Birthday
Park Day
I kind of want to do 4 parks in one day but the hopping at 2 really is a bummer. Still deciding on this.

(this is where things fall apart...)

Saturday:
Park Day
I would really like this to be a rest day but we are running out of days.
But it could be a park day that we don't go into the park till later in the day maybe? Try and stack some LLs?

Sunday:
Park Day
Last Full Day, so we will probably go all out. But who knows... sometimes we fizzle out on the last day. I also was thinking this could be another just go into the park late and stay in the park late? depending on park hours..

Monday:
Fly home mid day, so we aren't bad TOO late.

What do you think? I could drop us down to 5 day park tickets but I feel like even if Saturday is a half park day, it would still be worth it. I could also do a park day on Monday but I hate that feeling of missing our flight. And I would want a late flight then, and Andy and I will have to go to work the next day. And that will be rough.

Other things I am debating...
We are currently at Caribbean Beach the entire stay. I would really like to switch to a deluxe the second half. BUT that really doesn't make sense with the park days at the tail end. Plus I booked us with that dining gift card deal and I am not sure I can mess with the reservation without loosing the cash.

I was hoping they would have some party nights at Magic Kingdom this summer, but ti doesn't look that way. Which is a bummer. I have NO intrest in doing one at EPCOT. It way too spread out, It's not worth it.

Lastly, I need to reach out to a few folks who I know will be here at the same time and see what they have planned for park reservations and if we can coordinate meeting up and hanging out.

Friday:
My Birthday
Park Day
I kind of want to do 4 parks in one day but the hopping at 2 really is a bummer. Still deciding on this.
We did 4 parks in one day for Rob's birthday a few weeks ago. It was totally unplanned, but ended up working out perfectly and was so fun! We went to AK most of the morning and had lunch there, headed back to Pop for pool time and while there decided it would be fun to see if we could get to all 4 parks.

We ended up starting out by Skyliner-ing over to DHS for a couple of drinks at the Tune-in lounge, Skyliner-ed to Epcot from there to do a couple rides and drinks, then monorailed over to MK where we rode a few more rides, including the People Mover as the fireworks started :) It was unplanned, but ended up being our favorite night of the trip!

Thinking of doing Hoop Dee Doo Review this evening. Spend the day at the pool and just relaxing in the room.

We just did HDDR for the first time last week and loved it! It does only run Wed thru Sunday.

We took a break after 2 parks day and it really helped.

Other things I am debating...
We are currently at Caribbean Beach the entire stay. I would really like to switch to a deluxe the second half. BUT that really doesn't make sense with the park days at the tail end. Plus I booked us with that dining gift card deal and I am not sure I can mess with the reservation without loosing the cash.
Did you check the Disney Visa discount? I am not sure if if is in July too but I saved a good bit for our late May/early June trip with that discount.

We did 4 parks in one day for Rob's birthday a few weeks ago. It was totally unplanned, but ended up working out perfectly and was so fun! We went to AK most of the morning and had lunch there, headed back to Pop for pool time and while there decided it would be fun to see if we could get to all 4 parks.
Ok, you are inspiring me! I do want to have Sannaa on my birthday, so we could do that for lunch before the park hopping.

We just did HDDR for the first time last week and loved it! It does only run Wed thru Sunday.
Good to know!! But I just looked but there are 3 times. Was that like that before? We did this a long time ago.

Did you check the Disney Visa discount? I am not sure if if is in July too but I saved a good bit for our late May/early June trip with that discount.
I have not! I will look, but I think the cut off was right before our trip and then August? possibly? But I will check.

Saturday is actually a great day to do HS and is actually our go to HS day on all trips! People are worried about it but I think MK or Epcot is the only real concerns. I’m not sure how that fits into your overall plans. What people don’t often realize is that Saturday is a travel day for many people. Locals or purely weekend visitors are likely to hit MK or Epcot. Any local visitors are also less likely to purchase Genie as they are just there for the atmosphere or a few rides! Just something to think about!

Saturday is actually a great day to do HS and is actually our go to HS day on all trips! People are worried about it but I think MK or Epcot is the only real concerns.
On that note, I feel like we have had good luck with MK on Sundays. Much like a lot of people come in on Saturdays, all t of people leave on Sunday and it seems to be lower crowds.

I am also probably going to renew my touring plans subscription and see what they have from crowd levels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter