2 sisters, 4 kids, in one room!

I leave in the morning, I'm sick with a stomach bug, I still haven't finished packing, and I haven't printed any of my touring plans!:scared1:

I posted on the mom's board, but forgot to tell you...don't be afraid to miss your first day of activities. You'll feel much better if you let this thing play out and rest! Then Day 2, you will feel soooo much better!!!

Have a good trip Robin! I can't wait to hear the details! I almost scheduled this week, but I'm soooo glad I didn't. I have a visitor that always seems to follow me on vacation and she's visiting right now! ;)

I feel so much better this morning! I just hope it has run its course with my whole family now.

I haven't had a "visitor" in 21 months. I know the next one will be bad, and I'm so scared it will happen on this trip!

We are in the airport, checked in and waiting. Our timing worked out perfectly. My sister is more nervous about flying than anything else, and has been a wreck all weekend about what to do at the airport. Our dhs drove us to the airport from our homes, about 30 min apart. But we ended up merging at the insterstate, with her right behind us! She called me and asked if we had just passed a Walmart truck, and my kids turned around and saw her car. So we pulled into the parking garage and walked to the airport together.

I printed boarding passes at the 24 hr mark exactly (the first time I punched the button was a second or two early, so had to do it again and got in). We got all A passes! We were able to check in curbside, and I told them I had a baby who would fly as a lap child. They didn't even check her birth certificate.:confused3I had read that it was mandatory with a lap baby.

Katie is in the floor watching Barney on the portable DVD player. She is being really good. She won't wear the headphones, but I have it turned down really low.

My sister is calm right now-we'll see when we board the plane!

Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun. I am like you. I have no issue traveling without dh. DD(5) and I can do all of it ourselves. I have traveled with DS(14) and DD several times in the past without anyone else. I have my dd addicted to wdw just like me know. We are headed back in July and we can't wait. I can't wait to read more about your trip. I hope everyone is enjoying their time at wdw right now.:cool1:

I'm home. I have so much unpacking and laundry to do. I will work on this all week. Let's just say, next time it will be me and my kids, and I'll be leaving the other relatives at home!:rolleyes:

Katie was great-and we got a free upgrade to MK view room at CR for our last 2 nights! That was pretty awesome. And GAD tickets made things so nice-my kids won't ever want to go back to touring the "old" way!

I'm home. I have so much unpacking and laundry to do. I will work on this all week. Let's just say, next time it will be me and my kids, and I'll be leaving the other relatives at home!:rolleyes:

Katie was great-and we got a free upgrade to MK view room at CR for our last 2 nights! That was pretty awesome. And GAD tickets made things so nice-my kids won't ever want to go back to touring the "old" way!

Sweet upgrade! Did you get GAD fastpasses?

Yep-GAD FPs. I had to give up on maximizing FP strategies-there was no way to use all the FPs we had in one day! It was nice just riding stuff as we came to it, instead of running across the park. And with childswap, the kids got two rides on most big rides.

My biggest tips: Katie HATED the characters until the last day. She screamed every time they came near us at CP and GG. I canceled CM She did take a pic with Mickey and Minnie yesterday morning. She didn't want them to touch her, but tolerated them being close. If I had it to do over, I would just do quick service meals and add a few OOP meals for the older kids.

She did like the face characters. She ate a big breakfast at CRT, and fell in love with Snow White, who gave her a big red kiss.

She LOVEd noise and activity. TRex was her favorite meal, and I had been worried about the noise there. We also loved WCC.

I never got charged for milk at any of the sit down restaurants.

She adored Playhouse Disney! The people around us stopped watching the show and started watching her. She would turn around and talk to them and point to the stage, and she danced the whole time.

She nursed everywhere, and napped in the stroller or Ergo with no problem.

The Ergo was WONDERFUL!

Yep-GAD FPs. I had to give up on maximizing FP strategies-there was no way to use all the FPs we had in one day! It was nice just riding stuff as we came to it, instead of running across the park. And with childswap, the kids got two rides on most big rides.

My biggest tips: Katie HATED the characters until the last day. She screamed every time they came near us at CP and GG. I canceled CM She did take a pic with Mickey and Minnie yesterday morning. She didn't want them to touch her, but tolerated them being close. If I had it to do over, I would just do quick service meals and add a few OOP meals for the older kids.

She did like the face characters. She ate a big breakfast at CRT, and fell in love with Snow White, who gave her a big red kiss.

She LOVEd noise and activity. TRex was her favorite meal, and I had been worried about the noise there. We also loved WCC.

I never got charged for milk at any of the sit down restaurants.

She adored Playhouse Disney! The people around us stopped watching the show and started watching her. She would turn around and talk to them and point to the stage, and she danced the whole time.

She nursed everywhere, and napped in the stroller or Ergo with no problem.

The Ergo was WONDERFUL!

Oooh! I didn't know that about the milk! Were you on the DP?

I have got to get us used to the Ergo (or Beco)! Especially for things like the Seas and the Land. It just makes sense!

We were on the dining plan. We got milk at GG, CP, WCC, and Tusker House. She slept through most of the Planet Hollywood meal, but the waiter there wasn't very accomodating so I'm not sure he would have given it to us.

Next time I won't take/order so much food! We couldn't eat what was on the plan, and had so much more in the room that was wasted. Katie had plenty to eat just sharing off our plates (mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, chicken, salmon, eggs, rice, ..... she loved it all!).

Yes, those meals are different than the ones I posted in my plan above. I'll explain later-right now I have to do laundry!

I can't wait to hear about your trip.

I loved my ergo too. It was SO nice for nursing. But I'm still returning it. LOL. It's just not nearly as pretty as my ring slings.

Did you get GAD FP's for your entire trip??

We used our GAD's to upgrade to season passes.

Due to my sister's whining, we changed plans halfway through the trip. The whining got really old......

Our plans:

Mon 5/31 arrival day
Check into POR, then head to MK
Dinner at CP at 5:45

She hated MK, hated CP, only enjoyed the soft serve ice cream, and told me she has no interest in parades and fireworks:headache: And Katie screamed every time a character came close to us.

Tue 6/1
AK (GAD FP-had debated this one, but not having to run around the park collecting FPs at every window will be nice)
Dinner at WCC at 5:25

She actually loved AK

Wed 6/3
Epcot (GAD FP)
Dinner at GG at 4:35

She hated Epcot, hated GG, and complained the whole freaking day! Katie did a repeat on the characters.

Thu 6/4
Off-DTD and swimming, laundry day!
Lunch at TRex at 11 (planning to take the boat to DTD)

She and her son both woke up vomiting at 3am:sick:. I took m kids to DTD, and that afternoon took all the kids (dn7 was better) swimming while she slept. I also got internet and changed up plans for the rest of the week

Fri 6/5
DHS for SWW (GAD FP)
Lunch at SciFi at 12:55 (late due to SW parade at 11:40)

Changed this to AK again, to make the family happy. They still cut out early, but my kids and I had a great day. I switched the adr to lunch at Tusker House with the Nemo reserved seats.

Sat 6/5
Move to CR, breakfast at CRT at 8:10 for just me, dd10, and dd1
*we plan to ride Dumbo and meet the fairies after breakfast, then do some girly stuff!
MK (GAD) meet up with my sister and the boys around 11am
Dinner at CM at 5:05

Got the upgrade from Garden Wing to the tower with MK view:cheer2:. Late lunch adr at Planet Hollywood. We did parade and fireworks that night.

Sun 6/6
MK through the morning, then back to CR for swimming and a long nap, then back to MK for the new fireworks, parade and a little bit of EMH.

Switched to DHS for SWW. Neat to see once, but too hot and crowded.

Mon 6/7
Epcot (GAD) until about 1, then back to the resort for ME to the airport around 2:30:sad1:

Did MK instead-separately from my sister!

I can't wait to hear about your trip.

I loved my ergo too. It was SO nice for nursing. But I'm still returning it. LOL. It's just not nearly as pretty as my ring slings.

Did you get GAD FP's for your entire trip??

We used our GAD's to upgrade to season passes.

We had them for 5 of our 7 park days.

Mon 5/31 arrival day
Check into POR, then head to MK
Dinner at CP at 5:45

The day started off ok. I was still feeling bad from the virus, but made it ok. My sister and I arrived at the airport at the same time. I thought she was excited, but found out later (my father told my husband) that she did not want to go and was regretting spending the money on the trip. She had already made up her mind to hate it. She lives next to my parents, goes to see them every afternoon, and has never been away from home for more than 4 days. I never realized just how spoiled she is. My eyes were opened on this trip. She only works 2 nights a week, and sleeps in most days, and apparently wasn't listening at all when I went over my vacation plans.:mad:

The flight was uneventful. Katie watched Barney on the portable DVD player at the airport, and nursed and slept on the flight. We checked in at POR and had our order from Garden Grocer delivered. We got water, Gatorade (which was a lifesaver later), bananas, juice boxes, and diapers.

I was given my $500 giftcard at the desk, and all my paperwork was ready since I did online check in. I had requested a first floor room in building 27, close to the swimming hole. We got both requests, and also got a corner room with 2 windows. My sister didn't understand my excitement, and started in on the size of the room, no microwave, etc. I had explained all of this before......

Dn7 started in on swimming. I told him we would have plenty of time to swim, and were heading to MK, and he did nothing but complain the rest of the night. My sister never corrected him-just complained with him. That was pretty much the theme of the week.

We got to MK, and I ran and got FPs to Jungle Cruise, which we didn't need. We checked in at CP, and had less than a 10 min wait. Katie watched the characters throught the window, and bounced and pointed at them. I thought she was going to love it........she was terrified! She screamed every time they came close. When Tigger came out, not only did she scream but she also tried to climb out of her chair. I had to put her in my lap. She loved the mac and cheese, and ate well. She was given milk to drink, and could eat anything she wanted for free.

She can't drink out of a straw yet, so we took sippy cups. I took disposable cloths, poured some dish detergent on them, let them dry, then put them in ziploc bags to wash her cups, spoons, etc. with. I took a ziploc bag with a spoon, disposable bibs, table covers (worthless-she just yanked them off), and wipes with us every day.

We didn't love the food on this trip. I think my tastes were still "off" from the virus. But the rest of our party didn't enjoy the food either. And our table really wasn't big enough for 6 people. Katie is good at grabbing anything in reach, so it wasn't a relaxing meal. The kids got 4 autographs, but it wasn't the first meal I had been dreaming of for 6 mos.

After we ate, we walked out into the first of many rain storms. My stroller cover was priceless on this trip! ADVICE: put the cover on no matter what the weather looks like, and leave it on all week! Showers come up in a hurry in FL.

We did the Tiki Room and Country Bears during the rain, and Jungle Cruise (walk on) and Pirates (walk on) when the rain stopped. Then we watched Spectro from an empty Frontierland (the rain had cleared everything out), and Wishes from in front of CP. There was no awe, no enjoyment, from my sister and nephew. I was told that MK was not impressive, and she hoped it got better or she was going to go home early. :scared1:

We got to bed way too late, but I wanted to see Wishes and Spectro one more time before they switched over. I was so regretting having them along by the end of this first day. And the buses for POR are a big negative! They were always packed, and it took forever to make it all the way around the resort. The grounds are beautiful though.

We got back to the room, and I had second thoughts about putting Katie in the tall full bed with me. I sacked out on the air mattress with her, ds12 got one full bed, dd10 the trundle, and my sister and her son the other full bed. I went to sleep hoping that the next day would be better.......

*****Katie did great on the flight, hated the characters, LOVED the Tiki Room, liked Pirates, Country Bears, Spectro and the Fireworks. She did try to climb out of the stroller during Spectro, but I put her in my lap and she was fine. I took cheap glow toys from Dollar Tree for the kids to play with during the parade. I gave an extra wand to a little girl near us, and she was so excited. Her parents tried to pay me for it, and thanked me over and over.

*****She nursed on the plane, in both airports, on the buses, and while waiting on the parade. I think she also nursed on Pirates and in the shows. She really likes to nurse:)

We stayed at MK on a Sunday night for WISHES and Spectro, it was horrible. We went because it was SUPPOSED to rain and it would have cleared the park out. But it didn't and it was so crowded we couldn't even find somewhere to STAND to watch wishes.

Is WISHES changing during the summer too?

We stayed at MK on a Sunday night for WISHES and Spectro, it was horrible. We went because it was SUPPOSED to rain and it would have cleared the park out. But it didn't and it was so crowded we couldn't even find somewhere to STAND to watch wishes.

Is WISHES changing during the summer too?

Yes, Wishes changed to Summer Nightastic Fireworks on Sat.

Ugh, I sweat extended family trips almost always are huge disappoinments instead of good times. It's SO hard when someone doesn't catch Disney fever like we all have.

I wish I got to see the Summer stuff, but we get there on the 14th and there is no way we will brave the last night. There is so much hype about how amazing the new(old) show is that I bet it's going to get even crazier as the summer goes by. A lot of locals are going just to see it, which makes for inflated crowds.

We went for Christmas 2009 with DH mom, sister, her hubby, and 2 kids. Our family (me, DH, DS(13 at the time) and DD(5) are able to get up and get out in the morning. The other room was not able to do this. Unfortunately, I waited till the last 2 days of the trip to just get up and get out and let them call when they were ready. We saw so much more and were able to ride so many more rides this way. The trip wasn't as much fun as it could have been. To me it was a learning curve. I was able to talk DH into another trip this July. (called it a honeymoon as we got married in April:rotfl:) The cast this time will be me, DH, and DD(5). DS will be with his dad and he would let me have him since it falls during his visitation.:headache::mad: This time we will be able to make a rope drop or a few.:cool1: I'm with you on the whole I will give you a run down of what we are doing if you want to join us, join us, if not that's fine too.:rolleyes1 BTW I am loving your trip report so far.

When we went to DL in 2008, no one else wanted to get up and do anything. One morning, I just took my 2 kids down to the tram and went by ourselves, and 2 days my MIL drove us and dropped us off at a close hotel, and we walked through DTD to the parks. Everyone else met up later, and got almost nothing done. But for this trip, my sister had insisted that she wanted to do things my way, and stay with us all day. After a few days, we realized that was NOT going to work!

I'm working on photopass pics now. I'll get day 2 up tomorrow.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter