2 Pyrs and a Corgi at the Fort

@proudmomof4

Thanks for another of your great 'boots on the ground' reports!

By any chance are there any of the Ft Wilderness camping chairs for sale in any of the outposts (and the price)? Our camping chairs are soooo raggedy but I'm holding off until our trip next month in hopes of replacing them when we're at the Fort.
@StormyCA the chairs are $135, they have 3 currently on the floor, that’s including the “model”.

IMG_3482.jpegIMG_3484.jpegIMG_3481.jpegIMG_3483.jpeg

We have brought everything inside and closed the awning in preparation for the weather system coming our way this afternoon.

I have not seen any CMs coming around telling people to prepare for winds of up to 50 mph. I hope everyone has been watching the weather forecasts.

We went by the pool snack bar to try and grab some lunch, but the menu has been greatly reduced.

They still have drinks and snacks, but the lunch items are very limited.

IMG_3485.jpeg

We went by the pool snack bar to try and grab some lunch, but the menu has been greatly reduced.

View attachment 824509
My DH and I had that turkey sandwich last month when we were there. We both thought it was very tasty. I think it also came with chips but can't remember because I can't eat those.

My DH and I had that turkey sandwich last month when we were there. We both thought it was very tasty. I think it also came with chips but can't remember because I can't eat those.
They used to have hot dogs with chili or pulled pork, that’s what my DH used to get. When I told him he could only get a plain hot dog, he said “let’s go to Trail’s End”,

I don’t see the pizza on the new menu either. That was a very popular item but it always took a long time to heat up and would back up the line.

DH got the smokehouse pizza at Trail’s End, he really liked it and said he would definitely get it again.

Mom,

The Fort Wilderness Food Truck used to roll over by the tennis courts to offer (I thought) some additional choices for mid-day meals in that area (since folks don't typically go by the campfire/singalong theater mid-day) very much. It's been over there during the mid-day hours most times I've been at the Fort the last few years.

Any presence of the FWFT? Any sightings?

Bama Ed

Mom,

The Fort Wilderness Food Truck used to roll over by the tennis courts to offer (I thought) some additional choices for mid-day meals in that area (since folks don't typically go by the campfire/singalong theater mid-day) very much. It's been over there during the mid-day hours most times I've been at the Fort the last few years.

Any presence of the FWFT? Any sightings?

Bama Ed
Hi Ed!

It wasn’t by the campfire or tennis courts Sunday night, only the Apps truck and the Carousel truck were by the campfire. But when we walked by today, it was at the campfire area, but it was closed :(

According to MDE it is closed for refurbishment.

IMG_3486.png

Thanks! Still a crazy price, but that's the price of doing business with Disney, I guess. Just hoping they have more chairs 'in the back' since we won't be there til March!
We went to the Settlement TP today, they have 1 of the chairs there.

The cup holder has a slot for the handle of a mug.

We drove through 2200 loop, the cabins which have been removed are 2220 and 2228.

Thank you for the update- that makes sense; we have stayed next to each of those cabins over the past few years and they were both boarded up and had missing/broken parts at those times (2228 was like that almost 3 years ago).

We are winding down our time here at the Fort. I'm not sure when we’ll be back, there are some changes for us looming on the horizon, so we’ll have to see how that all plays out.

I didn’t take all that many photos, I wanted to be “in the moment” and enjoy our time here.

I hope you all have great trips no matter when they are and where they take you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter