2 Pyrs and a Corgi at the Fort

proudmomof4

DIS Veteran
We were supposed to check in on 1/6 for a week to celebrate DH’s birthday, but when we saw the weather forecast, we decided to head over after work on 1/5.

These guys were ready to go in the morning and couldn’t wait for us to get off work.
IMG_3456.jpeg

We backed in to site 1318 later that day and got set up.

The views from the back of the site:
IMG_3460.jpegIMG_3461.jpegIMG_3462.jpeg

The pups have mixed feelings about being here, they were ready for a car ride but I guess not excited to be camping.

IMG_3463.jpegIMG_3459.jpeg

This little gem was parked in 1300 loop, we had some laughs imagining someone walking in pushing it.

IMG_3457.jpeg

A WDW truck with junk loaded in the back came by just a little while later and picked it up.

800 loop is currently closed, I’m not sure why though.

More later…

We’ve got a little fire going. We leave on the 13th if anyone is here and wants a fire pit. It’s not perfect but it’s functional and is FW approved.
IMG_3464.jpeg

@proudmomof4

Would you happen to know the inner width of the staircase posts (newel)?
I'd like to use a pressure mounted pet gate as seen below but I'm not sure which size I need to buy.
1704595593766.png
Thank you.

We just took a ride through 2300 loop and all 30 cabins are still present.

Interesting. There were reports a few weeks ago of a cabin or two being pulled out of existing loops so if you notice any empty spots while you are there, let us know.

Not surprised 2300 is still there but I bet it won't be for long. This is Marathon Week and the New Years Week concluding. Christmas decorations should still be up in the parks but they will start coming down tonight. After tonight the "holiday" season is officially over at Disney and "normal" work resumes. Wonder how soon they'll start yanking cabins? And at least putting out a new model or two for sales pitch walk-throughs?

Is the Fort still decorated for Christmas? Bet it's not.

Thanks for the update.

ED

Interesting. There were reports a few weeks ago of a cabin or two being pulled out of existing loops so if you notice any empty spots while you are there, let us know.

Not surprised 2300 is still there but I bet it won't be for long. This is Marathon Week and the New Years Week concluding. Christmas decorations should still be up in the parks but they will start coming down tonight. After tonight the "holiday" season is officially over at Disney and "normal" work resumes. Wonder how soon they'll start yanking cabins? And at least putting out a new model or two for sales pitch walk-throughs?

Is the Fort still decorated for Christmas? Bet it's not.

Thanks for the update.

ED
No Fort Christmas decorations, except for various campers, but MK still had decorations up this morning while the runners were going through.

I’ll try to go through other cabin loops and see if any cabins are missing.

When we were at the Fort last month, we rode our bikes through 2200 loop and saw where 2 cabins were pulled out. Just the concrete left behind.

@proudmomof4

Thanks for another of your great 'boots on the ground' reports!

By any chance are there any of the Ft Wilderness camping chairs for sale in any of the outposts (and the price)? Our camping chairs are soooo raggedy but I'm holding off until our trip next month in hopes of replacing them when we're at the Fort.

@proudmomof4

Thanks for another of your great 'boots on the ground' reports!

By any chance are there any of the Ft Wilderness camping chairs for sale in any of the outposts (and the price)? Our camping chairs are soooo raggedy but I'm holding off until our trip next month in hopes of replacing them when we're at the Fort.
I will take a look and let you know.

Our current situation at the Fort.
IMG_3465.jpeg

Current temp is 56 and it’s a little breezy. We are expecting rain today and tomorrow.

It has already rained Saturday and Sunday. We’re hoping for some dry days on Wednesday and Thursday, but then more rain expected Friday and Saturday. Thanks El Niño!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter